Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Ch 9: Request

Serious conversations at the UN and Kal decides not to hold back certain punches.
Thoughts?

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Good. Clark is after something big...his sense is good and he's seeing "something."
I see a lot of people behind bars and a Lois Lane with another front page news.
Fortunately Superman managed to get the United Nations General Assembly to see everything from his point of view. Now I hope that Dr. Klein gives him good news and the big event can happen, I didn't like that in the series the results were so bad. I want to see Clark and Lois with a beautiful baby.
If something is not understood, let me know. I'm trying.

Blogger
Blogger
what's that saying that goes the trouble with writing a novel involving a brilliant bank heist is that I have to come up with a brilliant bank heist? Only here it's.. the trouble with writing a fic that logics out the implications of Superman existing is that you have to wrestle with these things, but I love the groundedness of this series so damn much, so, worth it.

"Give me one example where any required governmental tracking of heredity helped more than hurt the individuals within said group," Superman stated flatly.

A pin drop would have echoed painfully through the hall.

dang. yeah, good point. Kal is open because of his super-work- not because he merely exists. So this makes sense to me. Its reminding me of the thing in x-men where it was about should mutants be tracked/registered/etc. Though that's different because they were a lot more, some could be criminals, etc, whereas here it's one known person who the world knows and trusts.

I love how he's so candid and open but also has boundaries which are expressed in a respectful way. Augh, it's so fitting.

Kal took a slow, shuddering breath, and anyone who could see his face knew he was nervous. People leaned forward, whether they were there in the hall or at home watching on the television.

you know I'm a sucker for offered vulnerability, so this whole part got me.

"I haven't hidden the fact I live among you, I'm married to the best human after all, but I'm much closer to humanity than I think the world knows or understands. The truth is, for over half of my life, I viewed myself as a human. A strange human, sure – but a human. And even now, I admittedly spend more of my time as one of you, as the man I am at my core, than I do as Superman. It's honestly how I stay grounded, no pun intended. If I didn’t have my human life, I know I would not be able to be Superman, Ambassador Kal-El, Keeper of Earth.

This did things to my brain. Because wow, yeah, it's true and I just hadn't thought of it that way. He's basically managed to avoid the pitfalls of celebrity (being cut off from normal life, starting to look down on people, etc) by essentially not having to be a celebrity for his core identity.

I'm hooked on the missing girl case now also, darn you!

Last edited by LauraHex; 11/19/23 08:35 PM.
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
CarolD -- Thanks ^_^. And I understood everything pretty well. Good job smile. And yeah, I want to see Lois and Clark with a little baby too :3

LuaraHex -- Yeah, delivering can be really hard. I felt there were only so many approaches I could take if I was going to make this series at least somewhat realistic. Thus, blunt it was. Which is why I took the leap and had him reveal what he did. I'm super pleased it accomplished what I wanted and you're liking it all ^_^ Thanks for commenting!

More on the missing girl to come, though the case will be put on the backburner for a tiny bit thanks to a coming visitor....

Next part will be up soon.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard