Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! We finally get part 2 of the new ongoing series! smile1 hyper

This is so good! When is part 3? =D

~•~
Features Writer
Features Writer
This was SOOOOOO good!!! clap

Love all of Clark's emotions, and of course I love that Superman will NOT be going to see Luthor!!

Agreed! Need part 3!! smile1

Features Writer
Features Writer
Yay! Love how little ripples expand into bigger changes. And yes, will there be a part 3? grovel

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Oooooh! This is awesome. Part 3 please?

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Poor Clark! This is such a fun piece to read because I feel like SO MUCH happens and the whole action is basically 'a man answers a door.' lol But then it's so full and urgent!

But I can't shake the feeling that I should find out what he's up to. What if my not going would result in Lois ending up hurt? What if this were the one chance I have at stopping this wedding?
This is such a nice depiction of his thought process. Lex is such a monster to set up a trap this way - he knows Superman will come if Superman thinks he can help or make Lois happy.

I don't want us to have another fight.
So sad! This really tugged at me - it's so much of what their relationship is at this point in time.

Her eyes fill with more tears and before I know what's happening, she's in my arms.
There's something really sweet in here. While he can be faster than a speeding bullet, it's like she has him living in the moment so deeply with her that she can move faster than he does. Like, he easily could have stopped her, but instead he'd invested in her emotions.

He has no idea I'm onto him,” Lois claims.
"Claims" makes me nervous!

One thing is for sure, Luthor is not going to see Superman anytime soon.
Good!

This is such a great follow-up! I love the idea that Superman avoids Lex's trap, and that he and Lois head into whatever comes next on the same team!

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Yay! We finally get part 2 of the new ongoing series! smile1 hyper

Wait a moment, when did this become an anything series?

Thank you all so much for your feedback. I will think about a party three, but I'm certainly not ready to keep up a posting schedule like with MagiKal.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for a terrific fic! I’m glad Lois really investigated Lex and discovered the truth about him. It’s good that Superman will be avoiding Lex. I’m looking forward to the next story!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!
Since it’s the one year anniversary, I decided to join the fun. Fortunately, the muse woke just in time. Happy Ficlet Friday.
party

This is the very belated sequel to Late Encounter
Aaaaahhhhh… /goes back and checks FDK/ aaaahhh I see smile1

My heart is beating hard in my chest
Together with the title, it’s Clark’s PoV?

He’s going to marry Lois tomorrow and there’s little I can do about that.
At least if he stays within the legal limits.

Once they’ve exchanged their vows, Lois belongs to him. Maybe that’s exactly what she wants.
I don’t thing he ever phrased it like that to her. Wonder how she’d react to the b-word.

No matter what I did, nothing changed her view of Luthor. So what would meeting him accomplish other than torturing myself?
He likes torture?

A knock at my door pulls me from my thoughts. “Clark?”

My heart skips a beat.

It’s her.

She knocks again, with more insistence this time.
Oooooohhhhh

I stare at the door that rattles under her fist’s attack. My own hands clench of their own volition. I’m not ready to see her.
He wouldn’t be stupid enough to meet Luthor instead of Lois, would he? Hmmm…of course he would.

“Clark.” Her voice a choked whisper now, laced with tears that cause a lump in my throat.

I can’t stand to hear her cry. Something inside me stirs, unfreezes my limbs and makes me walk to my door. In terms of safeguarding my heart I might be better off ignoring her. These past few weeks have been too much.
Awwwww

Whatever pain she’s in, I want to make it stop. No matter the cost for my own aching heart.
Which is why he’ll break up with her to prevent her from getting hurt.

Her hair is a tangled mess of wet tendrils. She’s soaked through, not even wearing a coat despite the weather conditions. She’s more beautiful than ever.
He really does have a thing for Wet Dog Lane.

Her lower lip trembles, her eyes are wide and for a moment there she just seems capable of opening and closing her mouth. Her eyes fill with more tears and before I know what’s happening, she’s in my arms.
Am flashing to a fish. Possibly even Nemo and his friends.

“I’m so sorry, Clark,” she whispers into my shoulder. “You were right about him, right about everything.”
Superman. He’s a cardboard cutout.

Her apology is probably the most alarming sign of all, sending my senses into overdrive.
rotflol

“I looked into the video footage of the area in front of the bank where the false alarm happened. It showed Lex assistant Mrs. Cox, playing with a pendant while Superman doubled over in pain.”
LEX: This could be a jealous assistant trying to drive a wedge between Lois and me?

The thought makes me feel sick to my stomach. Of course, I asked her to investigate Luthor. But it was more meant to give her pause. I didn’t intend for her to risk getting on his bad side all on her own without anyone to back her up.
He’s not that big on considering actual consequences and their likelihood, is he?

Lex will try to kill him.”

I want to laugh at that before I suddenly remember the kryptonite.
Clark: Oops?
Audience: Yes. ‘oops’.

It took me some time to find all the bugs he’s planted on me. The rain should have taken care of the rest.”
laugh

There’s a smug smile playing around her lips, letting me doubt that she’s truly understood the level of evilness Luthor is capable of.
/Points at the hidden cams in her apartment/

. “Okay, first we should get you out of these wet clothes and then we need to come up with one hell of a plan.”
Ooooooh! Getting her out of those clothes. Clark can help with that!

Dazed, I follow Lois into my apartment. One thing is for sure, Luthor is not going to see Superman anytime soon.
Ooooooh!

You do realize you’re setting yourself up for another Ficlet Friday epic, don’t you?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard