Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
I had a build up of “not being able to write” so… I managed to pour this one out last night over the course of a couple of sprints. lol

Lemme know what you think!

Here’s the ficlet!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Squeeee!!
I'd love a follow up to this, showing their next conversation and hopefully date? :3 :3 :3

They're definitely better together.....

1 member likes this: KSaraSara
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is wild! I just finished making a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Never tried them with coffee. Hmmm.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Oh, I just love this. It started out so wistful and I could feel her longing for him. But what a happy romp through her mind it turned into! Her lighting up when he stepped off the elevator was so fulfilling!

The news was slower—sure that wasn’t his fault, but she might as well blame it on him while he wasn’t here.
Chortled out loud at this! lol

God, she’d missed him.. Missed him more than she wanted to admit to him—because even after everything, she still had that little bit of fear and reservation about opening up and being vulnerable. Even though Clark was the only one she would even consider being vulnerable with.
Such a brutal dichotomy to have to live with in your heart. Ooooff, she makes me really hope that she gets it together.

She’d swear they tasted straight from the oven, but maybe that was just because everything seemed that much better when Clark was around.
This and the bits earlier about not picking him up from the airport are so tantalizing.

She kept her eyes trained on him as she whispered, “They’re just…super, Clark.”

His head shot up, his eyes found hers, and for a moment, he was frozen still. But then, after a beat, he took a breath and slowly shrugged his shoulders up and gave her a sheepish grin.

clap I did NOT see that this was driving to this ending, and this was such a fun jolt! She's SO delightfully cat with the canary. And I love that you let Clark just be himself for this moment, instead of dragging him torturously down, his awash with guilt.

So much fun!

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
So adorable!

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
¡Clark es indispensable en la vida de Lois y ella no lo había notado!
Y puedo imaginarlo en la cocina de Marta, esperando a que estén listas las galletas, pensando en Lois y su amor por el chocolate... regresando antes a Metropolis solo para verla feliz por algo que él le dio...

Son adorables estos dos, menos mal que Lois no se puso loca al descubrirlo, odio que lo haga sentir culpable.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This is such a sweet story. I loved how Lois missed Clark and the revelation (was it even really a revelation?) over Clark's surreptitiously heating Lois' coffee is wonderful. Loved this. Thank you for writing, Sara.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
*squee* I love this! It’s sweet how Lois missed Clark and was able to put 2 and 2 together. I like how Lois whispered to Clark at the end and he reacted. That’s a sort of revelation to me. I hope you write more. I want to know with what happens next! Thanks for making me smile!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awesome little ficlet! This one deserves a sequel! smile

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Eep, I thought I'd caught up on feedback, but I guess not!

I did read this all as it was posted (yay for email notifications!), but I didn't have a chance to respond at the time... and now it's been a month. peep

Ahh, I'm so glad everyone loved this! It was a fun little challenge to try and hit Bek's request like that, and I had fun doing it!

Thanks again!
Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

This one snuck past in the scroll shock

This one’s all Bek’s fault—she asked for it, literally
laugh

Thanks to SuperBek for the idea and for helping me struggle through those last lines until the right one finally appeared!
/Imagines Bek lending Sara a sentence generator/

News is slow, and Clark is off visiting his parents in Smallville. With too much downtime, Lois starts to realize some truths about her life—things are definitely better with Clark.
Ooooooh! Idle hands and all such…

Lois had to admit it. Things were worse when Clark wasn’t here.
Is this before or after TOGoM?

Yep, whether she liked it or not, Clark made her a better journalist.
jawdrop
LOIS: Shush. It’s not like I’m saying it aloud to anyone.

Complemented her in every way.
And what was more…
Complimented her, too.

And life was just lousy without her partner and best friend.
Nobody to bring ice cream, chocolate, and Chinese.

Okay, so maybe she wouldn’t be missing Clark so much while he was off visiting his parents for a long weekend if it wasn’t also a really, really slow news day. Slow news week.
Oh, she’s bored!

that he’d sent Clark off early to get packed and…then what?

Wait at the airport for an extra three hours?
PERRY: don’t worry.
CLARK: blush

God, it must have been an exciting prospect for Clark because he was cleaning up his desk and jogging to the elevator in no time flat. Barely a quick goodbye for his best friend.
Oops?

Okay, that was a lie. He’d said more than a quick goodbye, giving her arm a gentle squeeze and making her entire body tingle from just his touch.
Maybe if she considering more…intensive touching?

Especially today, on his fifth day of being gone when it just seemed like everything was worse because Clark wasn’t here.
He should start coming back or he’ll have a seriously disturbed Lois on his hands.

Even her coffee was worse, she realized, wincing as she took a sip of cold coffee that just wasn’t made right.
laugh

God, what had become of the great Lois Lane? A reporter at the top of her game, best in the city, maybe the world, and now…she was sharpening an entire box of pencils while being all mopey and maudlin about having had to work without her partner and best friend for four and a half days.
Maybe she should check out if she can commiserate with Mayson? Let’s hope she not taking a long weekend, too?

She could go pick him up at the airport or something.
Uuuuhhhh …

But she sighed. It wasn’t like Clark had ever let her pick him up from the airport—he’d always insisted it was just easier on everyone if he took a cab.
Uhhhh-huh.

In any case, she had story notes she’d been putting off typing up in favor of moping and staring at her computer to update with breaking news.
Important tasks!

She turned to look and see who it was, only to have her heart leap at the sight of her partner walking through the elevator doors, looking ridiculously handsome in a pair of well-fitted jeans and a snug navy blue T-shirt.
Awwwww

saying that he’d come in to type up some story ideas he wanted to run by Perry before Monday morning’s staff meeting.
The secret of the CCCC of the Midwest?

st the fact that Clark had come back to the office straight from the airport to work, bringing her cookies from his mother and that 1000-watt smile, it showed that they were better together. Partners. Best friends.
Maybe someday, she’d be brave enough to risk trying that ever-tempting “something more” that she knew Clark wanted to offer but was holding back, waiting for her cue this time.
Awwwww

She’d swear they tasted straight from the oven, but maybe that was just because everything seemed that much better when Clark was around.
Yes.

The chocolate was rich and warm and begged to be complemented by a swallow of coffee, and when she took a long sip, the heat and the flavor of her coffee blended perfectly with the decadent treat. She was in heaven, and might have even let a quiet moan escape her.
Hey, when did that cup get reheated and prepared?

It wasn’t until she reached for another bite of cookie and a second sip of coffee to wash it down with that she realized…

Her coffee had been cold.
See?

Her coffee had been cold. The cookies had been warm. Clark’s flight had been…early.
He’s a lucky charm, that guy.

She kept her eyes trained on him as she whispered, “They’re just…super, Clark.”

His head shot up, his eyes found hers, and for a moment, he was frozen still.
Ooops?

Yep, everything was definitely better with Clark.

The End
Awwwwwww… totally unexpected that you’d sneak a revelation into a one-pager.

End Note: The other day, Bek randomly asked me, “Can you write a fic where Lois realizes Clark is Superman because she catches him reheating her coffee? Not like SEES him staring at it, reheating it, but…notices that her coffee is warm when it shouldn’t be, but only when he’s around… Or… something.” So… that is this fic.
Bek has a very naughty influence on you!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Oh that was so sweet and fluffy!! Love the Lois POV and the realization that life is just worse without Clark around!

sure that wasn't his fault, but she might as well blame it on him while he wasn't here.

grin

I love the little sprinkles that tell us he's Superman and how she notices-them-but-doesn't until the moment with the coffee comes!!! Omg that was just marvellously done!! Foreshadowed just perfectly and yet I didn't see it coming!

Fantastic fic, thank you for sharing!! love

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard