Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Ahhh!! We love this part SOOO much!!! It's almost-first date time and ACK we had so much fun writing this!! We hope you love it as much as we do!

Thank you for all the feedback love so far!! Keep it coming so that Socomama feels all the love while RL is swamping her! love

I'm curious—what's your favorite line??

Here's Chapter 2!

Sara and Socomama:)

Last edited by KSaraSara; 11/15/23 10:49 PM.

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Argh! The tension between them!! Hope the food in this rewrite isn’t the awful Chinese from Ralph’s Pagoda!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Features Writer
Features Writer
I don't think this part could be any more perfect :3
The banter was brilliant and the feels were amazing!
Can't wait for more.

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Gah.... perfect. Angsty-licious....?

Features Writer
Features Writer
OMG You...didn't let them kiss??!?!?!?!??!? whinging

Ahhhh, that was AMAZING.

Originally Posted by KSaraSara
Had his eyes always twinkled so much?
^my favorite line love

(answer: YES LOIS!!)

Need the next chapter, asap!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This was wonderful. All the tension between them and then their almost kiss. Great chapter

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Blogger
Blogger
“Yeah, but... I’ll bet you didn't even know all the things our newspaper has to offer the casual reader. Believe it or not, some people don’t want to hear about murderous cyborgs and mad scientists, Clark. Some people, like my sister, buy the Planet just to find out if her...planets...her...moons and stars...or whatever are in alignment with her latest boyfriend’s planets.”

His mouth twitched, working overtime to suppress his...was it delight?

Illegal, it should be illegal for this to live rent free in my mind, it's such a perfect description.

also:

Suddenly, she was feeling a little...not exactly self-conscious, but incredibly aware of his body in relation to hers. Which was ridiculous; she sat this close to him all the time.

How do you always know how to describe these things perfectly? I was grinning like a fool throughout this whole chapter.

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Ahhh happy birthday, CrazyBabe!! (I see the little cake by your screenname!) And right?? that tension!! And um... the next part will be posted shortly so you can read and find out where they're getting takeout from... peep

Blueowl—EEEE!!! Thank you!!!

Toomi—lol angsty-licious is an awesome word! Glad you're enjoying!!

SuperBek—I um... I mean, Socomama... um... peep But YAY!!!!

Bakasi—Thank you!! This and the next part...were like our favorite bits to write!! So we're glad they're getting such an awesome reaction! laugh

LauraHex—Yay!! Socomama and I have a hard time remembering who wrote what at this point, since it's been a while, and we both went through it with multiple revisions! And eeee!! I love to hear you were grinning like a fool! I love it when fics make me do that! As for how?? I dunno... I just write down what they're doing in my head!

Thank you everyone so much!! Next chapter coming soon!

Sara and Socomama love

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

1 member likes this: LauraHex
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
This fic is just so dreamy!

And then he smiled at her like he had absolutely no right to smile at her.
It just leaves you weak in the knees! This is such great phrasing from Lois' POV.

Even though Clark took back his declaration in the park, something had shifted between them since that time. Their touches throughout the workdays had evolved into something comforting, something more, something she craved. Her feelings became harder to deny, harder to conceal. And after Clark was nearly killed, she knew for sure.
I love seeing this evolution so exquisitely mapped.

she had always known her engagement to him was all an impressively elaborate exercise in keeping her heart safe.
This is SO well and economically phrased!

this undefined coziness they had safely labeled ‘best friends.’
OMG, love this description a lot, too! It really captures something intangible!

“Always, Lois,” he breathed.
Their eyes met fully for just a second, and it felt like the world had stopped right there in that moment, as if the universe had been waiting for her to have this epiphany—that he had always protected her, unobtrusively. And she’d welcomed it without thinking—expected it, even, as sure as she expected him to bring her coffee every morning—because it had just felt so easy, and so safe to not look beyond the surface. To not see the very real devotion behind it.
And then the world started to turn again, her heart slamming into her chest at the intensity of the moment.
This is soooo laden with emotion - it really grips you!

She paused a moment, then eyed him mischievously. “You bet your sweet chumpy, I am.”
SUCH a fantastic call-back! And I love that it's Lois bringing this up - it definitely redefines her as a better sport than she was in season 1.

Had he always looked at her this much? Smiled at her this much?
Such a great detail because WE all know that he does!

“Yes, Lois,” he said with a teasing smile. “You made it into the Daily Planet Crossword Puzzle. Congratulations.”
This is FLIPPING ADORABLE! What a great use of the crossword!

And suddenly the air was as thin as the silence was thick between them.
Great antithesis here - really elevates this! This is probably my favorite line in this one!

Can't wait to head to the next chapter!

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
You spoil us with this amazing feedback!! notworthy I want to say that a good majority of these are Socomama's lines! (The only ones I know for sure are 2-4 of the ones you quoted lol.)

OMG we had SO much fun with the crossword... maybe too much fun... to be determined lol

Thank you, JadedEvie!!

Sara and Socomama smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard