Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Chapter 7: Humanize

There's always some degree of fallout, but fortunately Kal does a fair job of staying ahead of it, no?

Blogger
Blogger
I feel like we've all been collectively traumatised to view any new character with suspicion- surely they are up to something! Same thing for anyone storing kryptonite because surely it'll "go missing" soon enough (I love that it was actually to his benefit here). I so much appreciate the optimism woven in to this whole series- yes of course there are bad people, but there are so many more good, trustworthy people, and it's allowing Clark to be so much more open.

Anyway, this leads him to being able to be more open, I am an absolute sucker for the "people realise he's human" thing. Well, not human, but you know what I mean. We were told that eventually he helps bring around a utopia with Lois publicly by his side, right? Though I'm enjoying PI Kent too much for now XD

I wonder if one-sided x-ray vision is actually kind of cool because you sorta see both normal and x-ray layered? btw, do you imagine x-ray vision like.. actual x-ray like visualisation, or more like it was depicted in (if my memory serves?) smallville where it's more like being able to see a cut-through view (like when he saw the muscles in Pete's face). I feel like either way it surely isn't.. actual x-rays, that seems kind of irresponsible, and I guess they'd have measured to see if they can detect any radiation or something when he uses his vision? Otherwise he's just been exposing a bunch of people to radiation? I know most folks can casually get like, a chest-x-ray or CT scan, but I know doctors don't like to do that unnecessarily especially for kids because it does come with some long term risks...

He's gotta work that out with the UN so their future kids can grow up as they should!

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Oh. Me preocupa un poco el que su amigo se retire y llegue alguien más... ojalá no surjan muchos problemas porque sí debe ser algo difícil el incluir a alguien nuevo en un secreto tan grande.

Sentí un nudo en la garganta al imaginar a Jasmine hablando con Clark, los que lastiman a los niños son la peor basura que puede existir y me hace desear que existiera un Clark real que pudiera ayudarles.

Por otro lado me emocioné al leerlo hablando de su esposa, él está totalmente feliz con Lois, ya quiero saber la reacción de la gente cuando lo vean salvando el día con su anillo puesto.

Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
LauraHex -- Yeah, I feel that more often than not, people respond better to you if you have clear expectations, which is how I've had Clark/Kal approach things. And yeah, I'm a sucker for normal people realizing Superman is more normal than they had thought :3.
As for the x-ray vision, yeah, he'll have a bit of an overlay, though I've always imagined it as the thing he's looking though becomes translucent, not fully disappearing, and I shy away from it actually being 'x-rays' that he's using. Cuz, yeah.... x-rays are bad long term.
As for the UN, that is coming....

CarolD -- Sí, la gente que lastima a los niños es mala. Y desearía que Clark también fuera real (por más de una razón): sonríe:. ¿Has oído hablar de la película 'El sonido de la libertad'? Realmente bueno, y la historia real es aún más sorprendente.
De todos modos, Kal probablemente empezará a usar su anillo todo el tiempo. cool

Next part is coming soon.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was another awesome chapter. I liked how he let the bit about having a wife just slip into the conversation.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard