K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Happy Ficlet Friday!!

2 down and 108 to go on my self-challenge here! lol I might be way slower than I anticipated at this...especially since I've got NaNo going on this month and the holidays coming up, plus a ficathon story to write...

Here's #2: You're Family

Let me know what you think!!

Series TOC: 110 Kisses

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Such a lovely fic and so well-written!! I love how Lois enjoys the domestic moments with Clark and his parents ^_^ and the kiss is perfect!!

Great job, thank you for sharing! sloppy

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Features Writer
Features Writer
Awwww. Loved the introspection :3
And the ending..... smile1
love
So sweet!

Blogger
Blogger
Ah!! That was so good!!!

“I should’ve known better than to order chinese food from a place called Ralph’s Pagoda.”
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
This is wonderfully written with the right amount of emotion. The kiss and ending are perfect. Thanks for sharing this gem! I love it and can’t wait for the next story in the series.

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This is so precious! I love it! That line -- all the interactions between Lois and the Kents in that episode -- really is one of my favorite moments. You can see just how blurry that line is getting for them. I love the way you tipped them over the edge.

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
So, I saw 90sfangirl79 on AO3 post an awesome one shot based on a prompt from this list,
Ooooooh! Also, is it weird if I have to tell Muse not to try and figure out where some of those prompts could lead to if told on the dark side? Because there’s some in there that can very obviously get incorporated into stuff that should never see the light side if the boards. devil And some that are picked right out of the show’s dialogue laugh

A huuuuuge thank you to AnnaBtG for her Bring and excellent knowledge of the present tense (which is not a strong skill of mine…yet?)!!
A trait you share a with HGWells. He preferred future perfect. Coincidentally, Tempus is a fan of past imperfect.

When Lois has dinner with Clark and his family, she has a few realizations, and when Martha so casually calls her family, she’s not sure what to think.
That’s easy – just squeak, tell Martha she can’t see her again and rush out the door.

CLARK: I never should have told my parents that Lois loves me like a brother.

also a self-imposed challenge to write 110 ficlets with kisses based on a list of 110 prompts on tumblr.
/Checks/ the story part has ca 150 sentences instead of 110. I’ll may be continuing to check future outings for adherence to format.

Unrelated: Did you ever consider doing one single fic that contains all 110 prompts and each leads to a kiss between two characters in the story?

as I imagine that this was how Clark grew up—dinners with everyone in attendance and no one yelling at each other. But then I shake the sad thoughts away and smile—an actual, real smile—because I’m here eating dinner with my best friend and his amazing parents.
Poor dear. Clark needs to hug her. Like a sister.

. “It’s…beginner’s luck,” he claims.
Biggest add in the yellow pages?

“I haven’t had Chinese food this good since… I’ve never had Chinese food this good!”
You know, back on the show this struck me as odd since she was quite happy with the pilot Chinese from China. The writers probably forgot but what about Clark? And the way she phrased it, it felt genuine. So, the Metropolis restaurant is probably better than the authentic Chinese place Clark had in Shanghai. Which is possible, although she used “This is out of this world.” in the pilot.

watch in almost fascination because…this is so very different from how my parents fought. This doesn’t even seem like a fight. I wonder if it’s a fight. I’ll have to remember to ask Clark later.
laugh

“—but personally, I’d order from Szechuan Palace. Now, the House of Hunan is great but all this garlic just gives me gas.”
That’s the other bit: sure, they have been to Metropolis a couple of times, but often enough to know multiple Chinese restaurants well enough to distinguish by garlic? Okay, the containers were in the bin so Martha could have spied them but it still sounded like the Hunan was a multiple occurrence.

“Mo-om…” he chides quietly. “We’re in front of company here…” I would swear Clark’s blushing.
Yes, but not *polite* company.

“She’s family,” she adds, waving off his concern as if her words are just a matter of fact.
CLARK: Mooom!
MARTHA: Oh, I’m sorry. You didn’t ask her yet? You’ve been carrying that rock with you for months now.
(What Lois doesn’t know is that Clark wants to ask her to get rid of some green K for him.)

Clark looks over at me and gives me that smile again, that smile that has always, always felt like it’s just for me.
Awww, he got a special smile for Lois and another for blondes.

I decide then that I just need to enjoy this meal and this company, relax and enjoy. Well, as much as I’m ever able to relax, anyway. Then again, being around all three Kents seems to have an almost calming effect on me.
That’s true. She almost didn’t mind-babble.

are yawning and making their excuses to retire to Clark’s bedroom to get some sleep.
Which brings up, it’s not nice of Lois to have her partner sleep on that couch when she has a wonderfully big bed at home that she’s only half using.

She’s family.

There are so many things that could mean, and really, I ought to know better than to overthink this and assign more than face value to it. But…there’s really no way I’m not going to overthink this.
laugh Martha loves Lois like she’s Clark’s sister.

Really, I’m about as comfortable as I can get, outside of a nice bubble bath, glass of wine, and episode of Ivory Tower.
What about snuggling with Clark? With or without… a prelude.

With the dishes done and his parents sleeping, we both know, and neither of us wants to say it, that it’s time for me to go home.
He could take her home. They could decide to discuss the merits of ‘coffee’?

and then hold my breath as I wait for…that. His hands rest on my shoulders and linger there, as though he needs to make sure my coat is on properly,
Awww…wouldn’t want to have it fall off.

but maybe he just wants the excuse to touch me more. I hope he just wants the excuse to touch me more.
laugh

Maybe…maybe he could just touch me because he wants to, because I want him to.
She could tell him that she wants s to go home and have him touch her there.

, I panic slightly, wondering what she meant by it, what I want her to have meant by it.
evil and that’s how Martha set the relationship back almost two years.

No, it’s ridiculous. Clark is just my partner and my best friend. And he made it very clear that day outside what was left of the bombed Daily Planet building. He wants what I want—to be best friends and partners, forever.
Is this what they call a double-blind study?

That’s…what I want. Clark, in my life, forever.

I just…I don’t know what that means.
To love and to hold…

“What do you want it to mean?” I ask him, stalling for time as though he’s put some sort of deadline on me deciding. He hasn’t, at all, but there’s something about this night that feels different, and part of me fears that there is a deadline.
Well, he needs to know if she will attend his wedding on the bride’s side or the groom’s.

He doesn’t want to answer me, but I need him to say it first.

He won’t, he can’t…because he already did and I shut him down.
jawdrop

So we stand there for several long seconds, separated only by inches, the look in his eyes so telling that he might as well be saying the words.
Cut to: fire at the MetGen hospital.

Our lips meet, and there’s warmth and tingling there too, but also magic—a strange but intoxicating mixture of desire and comfort.
Eewwww…he’s kissing his sister.

It feels like home—like I’m just where I’m meant to be.
Awww

And as he kisses me again, his arms wrapping around me and holding me even closer, I realize I’m okay not knowing the answer right away—not knowing what this all means. Because I do know something even more important—Clark will help me figure it out in time.
Awwwwwwwwwwww

Another sweet, erm…spicey outing!

jawdrop

Did they share a Chinese food kiss?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard