Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Fic can be found here.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I'm intrigued. Where is Clark? Did he escaped the kryptonite cage? I'm sure there would have been some news of Superman unless he's still recovering. Come back with more, soon.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh! I like this a lot!

I watch my mother as she contemplates my words and I’m waiting for the inevitable pep talk to convince me to go through with the wedding. Instead, she sighs and nods, surprising me.

“It’s wiser to stop this now than to go through a lengthy and costly divorce. Trust me. Let's get you out of this dress,” she suggests.

Phyllis Coates portrayal of Ellen Lane was my favorite on the series. Her grit and determination is clearly seen when Lois talks to her about marrying Lex. It is a shame the showrunners did not ask her back. She seemed more like Lois' mother than how Beverly Garland played her.

As I speak, I take off the engagement ring and hold it out to him. He looks enraged and his face starts to turn red. Lex snatches the ring from my hand, and, in my surprise, I almost drop it. I hadn’t been expecting him to acquiesce so quickly.

“You will regret this,” he snarls as he walks out of the room.

Brrr! The chill of Lex's words come off the page. He was more concerned about how his being jilted would look to his cronies than Lois' feelings!

Bobby doesn’t even look at me. “Go pack.”

Yikes. Lois, don't argue with the man...pack!

Okay, so now, where in the world is Clark? shock

Yup, this is a cool fic, what is your posting schedule?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Columnist
Columnist
Ooh, I like this new twist. Henderson to the rescue. Where is good ole Clark? I can't wait for more.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
¿Dónde está Clark? ¿Logró salir de la jaula? ¿Existe la jaula?

Necesito saber. confused

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by bakasi
I'm intrigued. Where is Clark? Did he escaped the kryptonite cage? I'm sure there would have been some news of Superman unless he's still recovering. Come back with more, soon.

smile

All will be revealed... in time...

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Morgana
Oooh! I like this a lot!

I watch my mother as she contemplates my words and I’m waiting for the inevitable pep talk to convince me to go through with the wedding. Instead, she sighs and nods, surprising me.

“It’s wiser to stop this now than to go through a lengthy and costly divorce. Trust me. Let's get you out of this dress,” she suggests.

Phyllis Coates portrayal of Ellen Lane was my favorite on the series. Her grit and determination is clearly seen when Lois talks to her about marrying Lex. It is a shame the showrunners did not ask her back. She seemed more like Lois' mother than how Beverly Garland played her.

As I speak, I take off the engagement ring and hold it out to him. He looks enraged and his face starts to turn red. Lex snatches the ring from my hand, and, in my surprise, I almost drop it. I hadn’t been expecting him to acquiesce so quickly.

“You will regret this,” he snarls as he walks out of the room.

Brrr! The chill of Lex's words come off the page. He was more concerned about how his being jilted would look to his cronies than Lois' feelings!

Bobby doesn’t even look at me. “Go pack.”

Yikes. Lois, don't argue with the man...pack!

Okay, so now, where in the world is Clark? shock

Yup, this is a cool fic, what is your posting schedule?

I think the narrative the writers built around Lois' parents made more sense with the portrayal that Beverly Garland gave us, and I didn't mind it. I think if Phyllis Coates had returned, her characterization wouldn't have fit in with the way the writers ended up writing that character in later seasons. But, had they kept Phyllis, perhaps that characterization would have changed. huh I remember writing Aftershocks and I ran with the Beverly Garland characterization and it wasn't liked... so this is my 'nice' version of Ellen as payback smile

Glad you like the fic so far!

I had intended to post once a week, on Thursday. But... Thursdays are usually my crazy day and I'd like to have it all posted before the Christmas ficathon stories are being posted. I'll post a chapter on Sunday, and on Wednesday so it'll be finished mid-December.

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Ooh, I like this new twist. Henderson to the rescue. Where is good ole Clark? I can't wait for more.

Thanks for reading! You'll find out a little more on Sunday...

Originally Posted by CarolD
¿Dónde está Clark? ¿Logró salir de la jaula? ¿Existe la jaula?

Necesito saber. confused

Don't worry, all will be explained wink

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I’m out of town so I’m reading these on my itty bitty phone screen, but I’ve read parts 1-2 and I’m just obsessed with this, lol. Loooove seeing the scary side of Lex, super interested in this version of Lois’ mom, rally wondering what went wrong, because it seems like Clark should have made it upstairs by now… and I flipping love when Wells shows up in unexpected in-universe ways. I have a feeling he’s going to be used really well here! I’ll pop into the chapter 2 fdk once I’m home again, but I just wanted to drop in to send a little love to this one!

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Finally starting to catch up on reading... Ahhhh so well written and mysterious!

Ever since you teased this on the Discord server for Teaser Tuesday, I've been very much looking forward to this one!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
Finally starting to catch up on reading... Ahhhh so well written and mysterious!

Ever since you teased this on the Discord server for Teaser Tuesday, I've been very much looking forward to this one!!

Sara smile

It was so hard not to share anything else from this fic for Teaser Tuesday but I thought it would give it all away. I hope the anticipation is worth it.

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by JadedEvie
I’m out of town so I’m reading these on my itty bitty phone screen, but I’ve read parts 1-2 and I’m just obsessed with this, lol. Loooove seeing the scary side of Lex, super interested in this version of Lois’ mom, rally wondering what went wrong, because it seems like Clark should have made it upstairs by now… and I flipping love when Wells shows up in unexpected in-universe ways. I have a feeling he’s going to be used really well here! I’ll pop into the chapter 2 fdk once I’m home again, but I just wanted to drop in to send a little love to this one!

Thanks for the love!

Blogger
Blogger
lol, so, I accidentally started this whole story in the middle while I was following the story of another fic, and had to read the most recent chapter (9) to see where it was going, and then HAD to come back to the beginning!!!!

This story is so great! There’s so much suspense and it’s so well constructed! There’s a lot of holes I have to fill in now, but I cannot wait to get all caught up.

I love that Lex finally let’s the charming façade fall and Lois sees she’s made the right choice. And love that she sees the seriousness of the situation by Bobby putting down his sandwich!

So exciting, can’t wait for more!

“I should’ve known better than to order chinese food from a place called Ralph’s Pagoda.”

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard