Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi! Its been awhile since my last posting. Something light for a Sunday afternoon.

Thanks so much to BlueOwl for her patience!

Comments are most welcome.

Last edited by Morgana; 11/06/23 02:54 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
And now we need the following conversation....... wink

Thanks for letting me help ^_^. It's rare to really get to delve into any of Lois' friendships outside of Clark.
Lois really could use some more friends.... And really, both of them could.

Glad we got to see Molly again!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This was delightful. And I'm with Blueowl here. I want to see that conversation. Thanks for writing. This really is something cozy for a Sunday afternoon. I read it on Monday, though.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Columnist
Columnist
Ooh, I loved this. Why didn't we ever see more female friendships with Lois. I'd take the hot chocolate also.

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
And now we need the following conversation....... wink

Thanks for the feedback!

Yikes.... Follow-up? Maybe. Currently I'm working diligently to get another story done that's been hanging around on my hard drive longer than Airport. Now that I am officially retired from the corporate world perhaps it will finally be completed.

I appreciate your patience! thumbsup

Last edited by Morgana; 11/06/23 02:36 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This was delightful. And I'm with Blueowl here. I want to see that conversation. Thanks for writing. This really is something cozy for a Sunday afternoon. I read it on Monday, though.

{Morgana starts biting her nails, thus wrecking another manicure} The very uncomfortable conversation between Lois and Clark would be the logical next step. We shall have to see. So glad you liked the story! It's enjoyable to read about the lives of our favorite reporters when they are just being regular folk with regular problems.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ooh, I loved this. Why didn't we ever see more female friendships with Lois. I'd take the hot chocolate also.

Who wouldn't want Clark ...er hot chocolate? Especially on a cold winter's day {LOL!}

On a more serious note, it was important to showcase at least one of Lois' female friends from outside of work. One of the things my friends and I loved doing once a month was getting together at our favorite restaurant and chat about what was going on in our lives. Long before boyfriends became husbands we were single ladies who appreciated all the fabulous things life in NYC during the late eighties had to offer. There is no doubt in my mind that without budget restraints Lois (and Clark's) friends would have been more numerous than what we saw in the series.

Molly appeared only once, but I liked the character and hopefully the differences between the two friends was easy to see.

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! smile1

Morgana

Features Writer
Features Writer
Ahhhh, love it! love

Thanks for sharing! smile

-Bek

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Really enjoyed this sweet little story and how Lois put two and two together there at the end. Would also love to see their conversation continue!

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
SuperBek

Ahhhh, love it! love

Thanks for sharing! smile

-Bek

Thank you so much for not only reading this ficlet, but commenting as well, it is much appreciated. hyper

SuperJan

Really enjoyed this sweet little story and how Lois put two and two together there at the end. Would also love to see their conversation continue!

So glad this story stuck a cord with you. Lois' superpower is that with a few facts and the right amount of time for her subconscious to put everything together she reaches the right conclusions. This is not just unique to the show, but for Lois Lane's character in her decades long existence. The relaxed time spent chatting with an old friend about the two most important men in her life allowed various threads in the back of her mind to come together and help realize what Clark's 'other' job is.

I am so flattered that everyone wants to hear how the conversation between Lois and Clark takes place. Please be patient. grovel I have other irons in the fire. We shall have to see....

Last edited by Morgana; 11/10/23 03:07 PM.

Morgana

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana!

As the two friends enjoy their time together, does anybody care to know what or rather who the topic of their discussion might be? What are the consequences for such an innocent conversation?
/Buckles in/

A completely different work outfit from her friend’s, suited for the young and hip employee of a rising computer company.
Your trademark descriptions!

They were discussing a well-worn topic: the lack of datable men in the great city of Metropolis.
laugh either gay, superhero, or friendzoned.

She seems to think I should have a set list of guys to take me out every Friday night.
Repeat customers!

Oh come on! With all the handsome men you meet while hunting down stories, don’t tell me none of them are interesting.
Criminal. Psychopath. Politician. Or any combination thereof.

He stood me up on the night of the White Orchid Ball because he had – get this – the sniffles!”
/points at latest pandemic/ and he *is* a doctor.

See, Mitchell’s a perfect example of a guy, not a man. He kinda reminds me of that wimpy coffee drink…a low fat latte. It tastes okay at first but has no staying power.
laugh and didn’t Lois say that Lucy recommend square dancing to meet “guys”? I can see the issue.

Unless I wanted to have an in-depth discussion about a particularly loathsome disease he was studying.”
Or contracting?

, “Speaking of men. What about Clark?”
All around good guy.

Not fishing in that particular pond ever again.”
Yeah, might try Dynamite fishing, though.

His eyes smolder…. Like … like hot chocolate when he looks at you!”
Awww…
LOIS: Well, like a mud pack at the spa.

He does think quickly on his feet, though. That man gets more Superman exclusives than me!”
It’s because he’s a lying conniving cheat.

As for the gentleman part, Lois thought for a moment of how he tricked her into searching in the Metropolis reclamation plant looking for Superman’s spaceship.
He didn’t tittle-tattle on her to Perry. He instead challenged her to a duel. Like gentleman do.

She had sights on getting another Kerth award. She couldn’t do that and pursue a serious relationship.
Well, she could have done that with Lex. She did try to do it with Superman. Wonder what Kerth-worthy secrets Clark Kent holds?

Okay than, since Lois Lane is a hot shot investigative reporter, any idea what Superman does when he’s not flying around Metropolis in tights?”

Lois sat still for a moment, thinking deeply. “That’s a mystery worth investigating because, I honestly don’t know.”
Was there ever a story where Lois asked Clark to help figure out what Superman does in his spare time?

I know there’s serious interest in Clark and Superman. But you can’t have it both ways.
shock evil

. So who is it going to be? A kiss of Hot Chocolate or Super Double Shot Espresso?”
Awwwww…./points at title/

For days afterwards she would sneak a peek over to Clark’s desk when he was deep into drafting an article and her traitorous thoughts slipped to the wrong places. Oh, such thoughts were not good, not smart and most of all not for Lois Lane, investigative reporter for the Daily Planet.
devil

The kisses were with the same man, Clark Kent, her partner, and a farmer’s son from Kansas… might possibly be … the Man of Steel?
Nah… can’t be.

She closed her eyes, hoping and praying that she wasn’t about to make a fool of herself and lose the best friend she ever had, “I know its late, but could you come over for …hot chocolate or maybe an espresso? It’s important. We …we have a lot to talk about….”

The End
Awww… that was chocolatey sweet!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
It was nice to read a fic with Lois and a friend. Thanks for sharing another perspective.

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Darth Michael

Awww… that was chocolatey sweet!

It was a sweet little confection to put together. Sometimes its cool to take a break from bad guys and deadlines. Lois and Molly are rebuilding their friendship as well as chatting about things that concern them. What could be more fun than that? smile

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Toomis8

It was nice to read a fic with Lois and a friend. Thanks for sharing another perspective.

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! It means a great deal!

After writing Lois and Clark fanfic for a number of years one thing I always try to do is give a larger canvas to display the lives of our favorite investigative reporters. Raconteur and AnnieM did that extremely well in their respective series. So having friends like Molly Flynn from College, seeing Lucy Lane breeze in and out of the apartment or giving the Nigerian Princess an entire persona has given my stories greater depth.

Besides, can anyone seriously think Lois would go to Perry and talk about Mitchell? huh

Last edited by Morgana; 11/13/23 12:52 PM.

Morgana

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
“Hey, I like low fat lattes! What I get at the Java Perk lasts me until lunch… sometimes.

Same, Lois, same! LOL!

UM I think I would like my hot chocolate WITH a double shot of espresso! Just like Lois! lol

Ahhh what a delightful way to do a revelation! clap

Thanks for sharing!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Molly appeared only once, but I liked the character and hopefully the differences between the two friends was easy to see.

Your characterization of Molly is delightful!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ksarasara

UM I think I would like my hot chocolate WITH a double shot of espresso! Just like Lois! lol

Ahhh what a delightful way to do a revelation! clap

In the original draft there was a rather cheeky line where Lois thinks she can have both, not realizing that Clark and the Man of Steel are one and the same. whistle

This was a different revelation for me to write. From the number of comments the story has garnered, its apparently many on the msbs liked it! Now regarding a sequel? Hmmm, you never can tell.... hyper

Molly is a cool character, its a pity she did not return. Lois really needed a best female friend to hang out with. Not to worry, she will be around for more of my fics.

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard