Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#297887 10/31/23 09:30 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
What if.. the revelation happens the other way around?

What if Clark came to metropolis as Superman first, met Lois, went on some super dates...... and then reveals that he's.. he's Clark, farmboy from Kansas.

I know this runs counter to the usual, and I like her falling for Clark first as that is who he is, and there's a weight to her choosing him the person over his powers and all that, yes yes, all great- but sometimes I have a hankering for a taste of the other way around, especially if there was never a triangle in the first place. I feel like such a fic would have some rich new ground to explore.. imagine Lois started dating this flying god-like person and then discovers this dorky sweet guy who chose to help others but also wrote articles about knob-tailed geckos and she falls for him all over again, for the real person? Like.. I feel there's something there? Or does this exist already?

Feeling goofy on my 159th rewatching. PS I love this place.

2 members like this: Toomi8, KSaraSara
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Gosh... I'll read the heck out of it, but the muse isn't biting for me actually writing it. Hopefully someone else's bites!

I love this place too—glad you're here!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
It changes the dynamic but I can definitely see it working. I'd read it. And even if two authors write stories based on the same premise there are so many differences in vision and execution that they will end up different stories. There are plenty of examples here and in the Archives.

Welcome!!

Shallowford
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
Gosh... I'll read the heck out of it, but the muse isn't biting for me actually writing it. Hopefully someone else's bites!

I love this place too—glad you're here!!

Sara smile

Aw you’re too kind. I’ve been lurking/reading for.. I don’t want to say decades cos surely it hasn’t been _that_ long? Much appreciate this place smile

Last edited by LauraHex; 11/01/23 09:59 AM.
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Originally Posted by Shallowford
It changes the dynamic but I can definitely see it working. I'd read it. And even if two authors write stories based on the same premise there are so many differences in vision and execution that they will end up different stories. There are plenty of examples here and in the Archives.

Welcome!!

Thank you! And same smile I haven’t found any with this particular twist so if you know of any, I’d be very curious.

Have a good one smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"The Man Under the Suit" by Happygirl comes close, but for the fact that Clark is a millionaire author. That said, I would LOVE to have a bunch of fics with this premise!

~•~
1 member likes this: LauraHex
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh that's a good one!

Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
"The Man Under the Suit" by Happygirl comes close, but for the fact that Clark is a millionaire author. That said, I would LOVE to have a bunch of fics with this premise!

I inhaled the whole thing once I found it! (I seem to be terrible at finding stuff)
What a great AU story that was. Not quite what I’d had in mind here and some of the aspects weren’t my jam, but that’s not a criticism at all, I still enjoyed the heck out of it.

I’m very glad you remembered this fic- go go hive mind smile

Interestingly, this is what Happygirl says at the very end after the story:

“Finally, we all owe the existence of this story to Mary, Queen of the Capes, who requested more stories in which Lois begins a relationship with Superman, not Clark.” Huh, you beat me to it smile it continues: “My initial reaction was, of course, “Lois can’t be with Superman because Clark won’t let her. Superman is what he does, Clark is who he is, and all that.” But then I got to thinking, “Unless…” So here we are. Thanks for coming along for the ride.”

I guess that’s why it had a bit of a convolution with the other alter ego involved. I feel like it’d also work without it, but an enthralling story none the less. <3

Last edited by LauraHex; 11/03/23 07:04 PM.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I would love to that! And I honestly wouldn't mind one day writing a version of that idea, though I should probably finish the projects I already have..... However, if anyone wants to take it up and needs a soundboard or beta, let me know! I'd be happy to help!

Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Originally Posted by Blueowl
I would love to that! And I honestly wouldn't mind one day writing a version of that idea, though I should probably finish the projects I already have..... However, if anyone wants to take it up and needs a soundboard or beta, let me know! I'd be happy to help!

Hey there's no pressure. What are you working on anywa-o-ooooooooly moly that is a lot. I warn you I'm a sucker for AU's lately.

B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Hrm...I definitely like that idea, it's fascinating, and there are indeed not much stories with this premise. I'd totally read that!

As for fics coming close to that idea...I think the "Strangers" Series by Missy Garland might be something for you. That's fitting the idea rather well, it seems, sort of at least, as in Lois interacts a lot with Superman before even meeting Clark.
There's also the "Merry Christmas/Happy NEw Year" stories by Classicalla that explores Lois in a RS with Superman after the Pheromone episode.
And then...I think there was one by Zoomway, too...though I can't remember the title right now.
EDIT: Looked it up, "If you can't beat 'em". There's also a sequel "Join 'em" by another author, including the reverse-reveal.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
Hrm...I definitely like that idea, it's fascinating, and there are indeed not much stories with this premise. I'd totally read that!

As for fics coming close to that idea...I think the "Strangers" Series by Missy Garland might be something for you. That's fitting the idea rather well, it seems, sort of at least, as in Lois interacts a lot with Superman before even meeting Clark.
There's also the "Merry Christmas/Happy NEw Year" stories by Classicalla that explores Lois in a RS with Superman after the Pheromone episode.
And then...I think there was one by Zoomway, too...though I can't remember the title right now.
EDIT: Looked it up, "If you can't beat 'em". There's also a sequel "Join 'em" by another author, including the reverse-reveal.

oh my gosh thank you, I will look these up. Actually, how do I look things up around these parts? I'm not sure how to find stuff so I sort of stumble around the forums until something turns up- which is okay when I wasn't looking for anything in particular... crazy

B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
The easiest way to find a story, so long it's archived (all my recs are, I think) would be via the various find a story tools on the Archive website. There, you can filter stories from title, author, etc. alphabetically. There's also a search engine but I think the filter lists should do well if you know either title or author. For everything exclusive to the boards or the NFIC section, you can check out lcficdirectory.com, either /pgindex or /nficindex, there you should find whatever you seek so long as you are aware of either title or author. I think that's it.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Features Writer
Features Writer
If you're not familiar with the archive, it's at
http://www.lcfanfic.com/index.html

Another possibility that's not 100% what you asked for is Nan Smith's Four Day's To Nightfall Series in the archive. In that one, Lois discovers an amnesiac man during Nightfall, and they work together to find his identity and, of course, save the world.

Last edited by cuidadora; 11/06/23 03:11 PM. Reason: typo

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard