K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
GAH! I feel rusty… *does some stretches*

Absolutely NO ONE will be surprised that this one got away from me and ended up far longer than planned. huh

Um… lemme know what you think, pretty please? Here’s the ficlet.

If I’m lucky and the schedule and muse cooperate, we’ll get 110 total ficlets, one every Friday! (But holy optimism, Batman! lol) So yeah… might not be every Friday.

Series TOC: 110 Kisses

Sara smile

Last edited by KSaraSara; 11/10/23 08:40 PM.

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Awww. I've often wondering what might have happened if she had figured it out then.
And now I want more.... wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I cannot words...only high-pitched squee: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

And...And..GAAAAAAAAHH! Lois knows! Does Clark know that she knows? She didn't actually say it, but surely this changes everything! So many feels and just...Gah!

ETA: SEQUEL PLEASE!!!

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 10/20/23 10:53 PM.

~•~
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
*finally got home after a 14 hour trip*

Ohhhhhh. I love this so much. I'd squee too, but...

*scene pans to her unconscious on the bed*

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I like this conversation so much better than the goodbye in the show. So many feels! Thanks for sharing

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I love this! It’s better than the episode. Lois knows, or I think she knows. I hope you’re going to continue this. Thanks for sharing this gem!

100 more kiss ficlets to look forward to! This is going to be a lot of fun. *squee* Kissing fics are sweet!

Columnist
Columnist
She's back!

I cried. I wanted to throw something. Then I cheered. Yup, she's back! 100 of these... I'll get comfortable and grab the kleenex.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

/measures A/N/ hmm… /adds summary/ Oh, good. No one has kidnapped her. On to FDK than…

then I had this idea that I should write a kiss for every dang 110 prompts on this list.
Eeep! Now I’m wondering if a challenge of 110 kisses before Lois & Clark get together [acked into a single story might be stretching things? /Gently places glove in front of Sara/ It could have something to do with breaking the curse…?

and also a self-imposed challenge to write 110 ficlets with kisses based on a list of 110 prompts on tumblr.
And 110 words each? Or 110 sentences?

, a page from the book I dozed off on sticking to my face briefly as I lift my head.
Oooh, if she had drooled onto the page and the ink transferred to her cheek!

“I’m…leaving Metropolis,” he says, and my heart starts sinking, but I stop it.

He doesn’t mean it.
Living a bit in her own fantasy world, isn’t she?

I look back up at him, and I can’t stop my heart from sinking this time when I see the hesitant look of regret on his face. I’m not even quite sure why it matters so much to me, and I still have trouble believing what he’s saying. “Leaving? As in quitting?”
Yes, like where he packs his belongings and leaves two weeks notice.

I don’t understand why he’s doing this. It doesn’t make sense, and it makes even less sense why this news is tearing me apart inside. It’s unsafe, this feeling, and I reach for my anger once more, anything to deflect and push down this pain I shouldn’t be having.
clap

“This isn’t about a job. Did you really think I hadn’t figured out what it was with you and Superman?”
/Points at Bek’s Legacy/

I can hardly breathe as he leans in to kiss me. His lips are warm and soft, and I feel my heart catch in my chest as I realize this is…
/checks box/

“Please don’t go,” I try to say, but my voice is only a hoarse whisper pushing past the lump in my throat. “I need you.”

Finally, he turns, though he still hesitates to come back, to walk back down the ramp and put his things away and pretend he never made this ridiculous decision.
You know, I once thought of doing an nfic for each episode. I may just have for und the hook where their passion overtakes them in MoSB. Aaaand I just realized, you forked the road a couple of sentences ago.

“Lois…” His voice is quiet, strained, and it hurts somewhere deep in my chest that he’s fighting this, whatever this is. If this is hurting him as much as it seems like it is, why is he so intent on leaving?
You really wove that seamlessly!

My frustration flares in me, and I raise my voice, thankful that the newsroom is empty this time of night. “That doesn’t make any sense, Clark. This! This is hurting me!”
/Points at the janitor wiping the floor next to the elevator/

“No, Lois…I’m not safe. I…can’t explain. I just…I have to leave. I…have no choice,” he says, with his jaw clenched and some sort of desperation in his voice as he reaches up and cups my cheek again.
He made some ‘friends’ in Sicily and they have just started to move to Metropolis and with the whole Luthor situation, it’s just too dangerous…

My mind is racing, the pieces of the puzzle falling all too easily into place. His eyes, his hand on my cheek. The sadness and despair and regret about leaving. All the same.
Stood up twice in one day. By two guys no less. That can’t be happening.

I said it earlier, so I say it again.“They can’t be right, Clark! It’s not… You’re not—Clark…you’re not dangerous!”
Very well done revelation!

I watch his shoulders sag—either with defeat or relief, but no matter which, I know I’ve won. “Show me what we’ve got, partner.”
Nicely done!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So glad your little fic got longer than you originally intended. It was perfect and also loved that it was from Lois's POV! I was doing the "squee" right along with everyone else! And oh, your ending! notworthy Again, the word perfect, comes to mind!

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Ahhh, yay for all the feedback! love

Blueowl—hehe... prolly no sequels on this one! I'm glad you liked it! laugh

Queenie— OOOH that's a lot of vowels, I love it!! laugh Yes, Clark knows that she knows. Hehehe! And um... no sequel, sorries! goofy

PuffyTiger—Yay!! Hope you got some good sleep! And glad you had a nice treat before passing out lol! Thanks!

Bakasi—Ahh, thank you! I really liked it a whole lot better too!! It's almost funny going back to these early S1 eps and seeing just how much she really did love him even then! Gahhhh!

Songbird—Lois totally does know! He cups her cheek just the same twice in that episode (once as Supes and once as Clark!), and the fic twist is that he's saying the same words too, which makes everything click in her brain. I'm so glad you liked it!! And.. that's 110 total... so... 109 to go! (I didn't manage to make one happen last week. Darn!) Thanks for the feedback!

Carrie—Gahhh! Yay!!! Awesome feedback, thank you! Love that you had all those emotions, lol.

Michael—LOL! lol Yeah, it's for reals me. lol And eep... yeah, I did think about putting all of these in one connected story, but I decided to make the goal a bit more achievable. wink I wish I had time to respond to all the feedback!! Gahh! Thank you so much! I will point out this one, though...

“This isn’t about a job. Did you really think I hadn’t figured out what it was with you and Superman?”
/Points at Bek’s Legacy/

rotflol

Superjan—They always tend to get longer! lol Thank you so much for the glowing praise! I'm so glad you liked it!!

Thanks, everyone!! love

Sara smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
So 110 ficlets? You'll be able to carry on ficlet Friday for two whole years!!!! laugh

Adorable fic! Excited to read allllll the other fics...

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I just loved this one! The angst was PALPABLE.

I’m not even quite sure why it matters so much to me, and I still have trouble believing what he’s saying.
It’s unsafe, this feeling, and I reach for my anger once more, anything to deflect and push down this pain I shouldn’t be having.
I love the way you're tracking it through. That soulmate energy is just pulling her apart!

“Post.”
“Whatever.” My emotions dampen the small, inexplicable thrill at him correcting me...
This is such a lovely detail. It feels so rich to watch her start to miss him before he's left.

I can feel the tears burning at the back of my eyes as he approaches, and there’s a tension in the air—something terrible and nonsensical, a tether between us that’s getting tighter in my chest the closer he gets. And now I know with a sinking feeling that he’s about to sever it.
This is such a visceral description of something intangible and often ephemeral. And it harkens back to the way they make us feel, too, when we watch the show!

“Wait!”
YES!

I see him wince, like it’s some revelation to him that his leaving would hurt me...
I really forget how uncertain they were in their early relationship. It really tugs at the heartstrings the way you use it here!

My breath catches as I realize this moment has already happened today and it’s not deja vu.
This whole section - it's such a great place to use this particular trope of the hand on the cheek reveal - it really marries the way Lois canonically realized it and how she's learning it here, and there's something nicely poetic about it.

I said it earlier, so I say it again.“They can’t be right, Clark! It’s not… You’re not—Clark…you’re not dangerous!”
And it's so heartbreakingly TELLING that you give this to her as her first line after her revelation. She just doubles down for him.

Clark would not leave me when I need his help.
This is such an intense to card to pull - it's like one of their unwritten rules already set in stone.
And then it DOES hold true. Love it!

Excited to see the next 107 storied in this series! hyper

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by Toomi8
So 110 ficlets? You'll be able to carry on ficlet Friday for two whole years!!!! laugh

Adorable fic! Excited to read allllll the other fics...

Right, Toomi?? If only I could manage to keep up that pace! LOL!

Originally Posted by JadedEvie
I just loved this one! The angst was PALPABLE.

My breath catches as I realize this moment has already happened today and it’s not deja vu.
This whole section - it's such a great place to use this particular trope of the hand on the cheek reveal - it really marries the way Lois canonically realized it and how she's learning it here, and there's something nicely poetic about it.

Ahhh, JadedEvie! You're spoiling me with the amazing feedback!! I wish I could sit and respond to each one because I love that you pulled out certain lines and said such amazing things about them!! But I lack the time right now! frown

But I did want to mention this one because it wasn't until I rewatched this that I noticed he ACTUALLY does this in the show as Superman and as Clark in the SAME DAY. GAHH! So how could I not use that? Right?

Thank you and Toomi both!!

Sara smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard