Author's Note: This idea just popped into my head and I dashed it together. Sara insisted I post it here for Ficlet Friday, and you just don't say no to Sara. (Perhaps I should have titled it Lens Krafty in her honor?) It's the first story I've written in over a decade, I think, so... I hope you enjoy.

"Hey, Clark!" Lois called, coming up to his desk. "How bad is your prescription? I wanna see. Can I borrow your glasses?"

"What? Lois, it's not good to —"

But it was too late. Lois had already whipped the glasses off his face.

Clark froze, panicked.

"Oh my god!" Lois stared at him through his own glasses, frowning with a mixture of bewilderment and accusation. "You LIAR!!"

Clark swallowed. "Lois, I can explain..."

"You had better, Clark! These glasses are fake! They're not prescription at all!"

"You see, I..." Clark trailed off while his mind screeched to a halt, switched to reverse, and then scrambled to find a new direction.

"Yeah? I see, Clark. What do I see? Someone who's been coming to work every day wearing fake glasses!"

"The thing is... I... uhm... switched to contacts."

"And you wear fake glasses...?"

"It... uh... just... felt weird without them, you know?"

Lois looked skeptical. "If you say so, Smallville." She pulled the glasses off, preparing to hand them back, and then froze, staring at his naked face. "... Oh my god."

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.