Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sometimes help comes from unexpected places. Let me know what you think

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
AHHHH I love it!!!!!!!!

Ahhh, this chapter was so, so satisfying! I was a little worried about how they were going to get Clark "off the hook" for the destruction Lex caused.

Brilliant with all of Clark's emotions through here, and the interplay with Mayson and Henderson. SO good!!

Looking forward to seeing how he and Lois reconnect........

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This chapter was soooooo good, Bakasi! I was so worried for Clark as I didn't think there would be any way Henderson or especially Mayson would ever believe his unbelievable tale! Can't wait to find out how this story ends! smile1

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you very much, Bek and Superjan. I'm glad you're enjoying this. And just so you know, I was worried for Clark, too until I found the way to convince Henderson and Mayson wink

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There is artistry in the way the conversation between Henderson, Mayson and Superman. No doubt there were a number of edits and revisions so the story would be just right. Bravo to all the long hours to bring this very important discussion to life.

That seemed to catch Mayson's interest. She frowned and looked back and forth between the two men. Clark knew that she'd started working for the DA's office after Luthor's fall from grace. Perhaps she wasn't familiar with all the details of his demise, particularly since there had never been a trial.

Most assuredly Mayson was at a disadvantage. She never met Luthor and so had no idea what an unpleasant person he was. One can only speculate how she would behave around Superman if she had that experience.

He watched the two people in front of him, trying to gauge their reaction. Henderson's expression gave nothing away, no hint of surprise or disbelief. He was jotting something down, his lips moving as he wrote. But Clark could not make out any words.

Henderson is perfectly portrayed here. That man rarely gives anything away. No wonder he and Lois were always at odds with each other. It was good to see that he would not allow Mayson to dominate the interview.

"They were close, for one." Clark shifted on his seat, knowing that the next part would only serve to increase Mayson's misgivings. He looked at his hands. "Some of the containers there have lead paint on them. X-ray vision can't penetrate lead. It was the only place where I had any chance to hide."

Heartbreaking the way Superman has to defend himself! sad

When he turned, he spotted Mayson shifting in her seat, her eyes wide and her hand drifting toward the lead box.

"Don't look at me like that," Clark growled. "I can barely stand on my feet. I'm not a threat to you or anyone right now." He loosened the bandage around his arm and showed her the cut on his forearm. It had stopped bleeding, but the laceration was still visible. "I'm vulnerable and weak. If you think I’m so dangerous just keep me out of the sunlight, and I won't regain my strength. You don't need the kryptonite unless you want to add torture to your interrogation methods."

Mayson stared at him, her face a bit pale now. It seemed like he was finally getting through to her, at least a bit.

Ouch! In my mind's eye I can see all three actors in this scene. Powerfully written!

When he dried himself off, Clark felt better. He was alone in his body. The shadow of Luthor was nothing but a dark memory now. He might suffer from a few nightmares, but since Luthor had died for good, he’d forever be safe from him.

With that knowledge, Clark put on a shirt and some boxers before he slipped under the covers of his bed and drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

The Boss of Metropolis is gone. Now the Man of Steel can finally rest.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard