Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
The ordeal is over, or is it? Now Clark's got to face Henderson. Let me know what you think!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Whew.... Yeah, it's not quite over yet. whinging

I hope with everything that happened/Lois as a witness, etc., maybe...things with Henderson will turn out okay!

Another intense one. Glad the police showed up when they did!!

EEK!

T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
I wrote way, way back at the beginning that this would be a tense ride. It has been, hasn't it? And it's not over. Bakasi has a few surprises left for us.

Thank you again for allowing me to beta this work, my friend. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks Bek. I'll try to post the next part in a few hours. I think that's actually my favorite chapter.

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
I wrote way, way back at the beginning that this would be a tense ride. It has been, hasn't it? And it's not over. Bakasi has a few surprises left for us.

Thank you again for allowing me to beta this work, my friend. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Yeah, I remember that you wondered how I was planning on keeping up the tension for the entire story after you got Chapter 10 or 12 back to me. To be honest, I was wondering the same while writing this.

Two more chapters and an epilogue to follow party

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But as Lex' body slumped in a heap on the floor, as Superman's eyes rolled back in his head and the stone fell from their hands, the tears spilled.

"Lex!" Kelly squealed.

She knelt beside Lex' body, turned him and started to remove his jacket to examine his injuries. Her motions were frantic and her hands trembled as she pulled a flashlight from her pocket to get a better idea of what was wrong with him.

Gretchen Kelly is a pitiful person. She must have twisted her life into a pretzel to make Lex love her. Just think of how much time and energy she wasted on a man who for the most part, didn't even know she was in the room. Urgh! frown

Lois’ blood ran cold. She took a step back. “Can’t you see that he’s not even fully awake yet?”

In her heart, she knew she couldn’t make the other woman see reason. But she couldn’t give up, either.

A small sob escaped Lois. “After everything you did to Clark, you have no right to hurt him!”

In this moment Kelly is a far greater danger than Lex! Her only thought and actions was to help that smooth criminal...

A voice startled her. "Everybody raise your hands! Keep them up where I can see them!"

Lois followed the order and beside her, Clark did too.

"Damn, Lane’s tip was right," a familiar voice said somewhere behind that wall of lights. It was Inspector Henderson. One of the lights illuminated Nigel’s broken body. "This one looks dead."

Finally Henderson and the uniforms have arrived. Yeah!

Ignoring the worried glances of the people around him, Superman locked eyes with Henderson. "You wanted to know what happened here. Let's go to the precinct, and then we can talk. You and me."

Stiffly, Superman walked down the corridor, steadying himself against the wall. Lois desperately wanted to help him, but she sensed that Clark wouldn't appreciate the gesture. He'd feigned indifference while Kelly had taken his blood. But it was more than obvious now how much the experience had rattled him. She wished she could just pull him into a tight hug.

Here at the end of a perilous three days, Clark gathers up his courage, strength and pride to face down worried medical personnel, the police and a rather impressed Inspector Henderson. He wants out of those ruins and to get back to the bare threads of his life. Most important of all, he had to do this without Lois' assistance. The sheer physical act of standing up and then walking down the corridor was well written. I felt like I was there. Bravo.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard