Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Who won this fight? Let me know what you think!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
notworthy

Wow. What an intense sequence!!!

So well done, and very satisfying and just wow!!! notworthy

(And despite the minor cliffhanger, I'm definitely choosing to believe it was Clark who won the battle and then promptly passed out from the kryptonite) whinging

Whew, still trying to breathe.

Looking forward to the final few chapters and the resolution of everything.... There's still gotta be a lot to talk about and work out, both in terms of relationship and...how Clark views himself when this is all over.

whinging whinging whinging

Amazing chapter.

-Bek

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I'm just catching up on this story, and just read all of 1-29 in one go! This is such a suspenseful, high-octane ride! I love the new Phoenix plot, and it's such an imaginative use of the underlying soulmate story, paired with the season 3 soul exchange plot. Such a smart combo! It's been really clever to see the way you're handling keeping Lex out of the picture so often so that you can concentrate the scenes on Lois and Clark. The way you're elevating the ensemble characters, especially Gretchen, but even Jimmy and Henderson, Nigel and Asabi, is so satisfying.

Most importantly, he shouldn’t have been hurt by doing that, and there was no doubt that he had scraped his knuckles and blood was oozing from the wounds. He was running out of time, and Luthor knew that, too, he realized.
This is such a great demonstration of Lex's futility and rage. Literally hitting a wall physically and mentally. help

A crawling sensation in the back of his neck warned him before he heard it. A woosh. Then feet hit the ground, hard.
One of my favorite parts of this fic has been seeing how scary Superman is from the point of view of his prey. When I read other things/rewatch L&C now, Superman's politeness will make more an an impact on me. Nice moment here in particular, and so crisply phrased - very evocative.

“Boo!”
Clark gasped in shock, realizing too late that the monster was teasing him.
This is so cruel, and such the antithesis of Superman. It's even worse than the clone. mad

Nigel and Asabi ducked, but there was no escape.
Luthor always underestimates people and then disposes of them cruelly when he's finished. I always thought that this sort of hubris was one of his more villainous traits, and it's interesting to see in play here, amped up 100 with Superman's powers. I hope Nigel and Asabi survive long enough to see his comeuppance.

He'd never been this close to the crystal without being in agony. It was both chilling and fascinating.
Totally! Such a fun detail!

“Don’t…do… this … to me.” He panted. “Lois… it’s me… Super… Superman.”
The manipulation of this is wrong on so many levels, given their history. He's just such a monster. Nice touch.

The weakness seemed to swallow him and he gasped for breath. The pain in his shoulder was replaced by a fire burning in every cell. It pulled him under until he knew no more.
This is such a uniquely difficult set of circumstances for Clark. We've all felt nausea, etc., before, regularly enough. He's felt it 2-3 times? And he's still in a kyptonian body in daylight when it happens. So putting him in a human body to experience all that has to really wear on him double. I think that puts him at an even bigger disadvantage as he tries to claw back to his own body. I know that damaging Lex's body is probably part of the A plot, but it's just used really nicely here in terms of Clark's psychology, too.

Can't wait to see how this one ends! clap

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow, thank you so much for the feedback, JadedEvie. It really means a lot to learn how my story affects you. I'm glad you like it, even though it's quite the ride. It was certainly a challenge to write this and it's great to see that other's enjoy my work.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
1 member likes this: JadedEvie
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She narrowed her eyes on him. “You’re not a Superman. Wearing the cape or even having these powers doesn’t make you one.”

Pow! Bang! Take that Lex Luthor! It takes more than a suit of colorful spandex to make someone like you into a hero.

“God, Clark, look at your shoulder,” Lois whispered, shocked.

He tried to smile for her and wanted to mutter something about it looking worse than it was. But the burn caused by the heat vision sent a new wave of agony through him that made him think better of it. He swayed on his feet. Strong hands held him up.

Reading this line for the third time. Powerful. Your ability to describe a scene like this with all the tumult going on is beyond impressive. My own shoulder ached with just a tiny percent of the pain Clark was going through. Kelly is screaming at him, Lois is scared to death, but yet through all the confusion, fear and pain, Clark works hard to retain who he is not only as a person, but more importantly as a man. No matter how much money Luthor had, he was never truly a man with integrity and love. It is very clear who won the battle. Thanks for bring that out in this amazing story.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard