Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
From the previous part, Captain Benson showed up at Lois's apartment seconds after Lois kissed Clark. Why is he at Lois's this time? And will Lois say something about Clark's secret? Hope you enjoyed Part 9. Leave some love and thank you ahead of time!

Part 9

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Captain Benson shows up in the strangest places ...and his timing could not be worse! grumble

She started digging through the papers and clippings of newspapers she had gathered the last few days. Turning over pages of articles and files of Lex’s, she came upon an article from the Metropolis Star.

“Clark, look at this.” She handed the paper to him.

With those words 'The Hottest Team in Town' is ready to track down the bad guys and get Clark his life back. Oh, they also have to get their own relationship straightened out. All this before a certain police detective locks them both up!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Lex faked his death to get Clark into trouble? Sounds about right. I'm glad that Lois and Clark are working together now, even if not everything is straightened out yet. Can't wait for that next part.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Benson might be doing his job, but man, is he getting in everybody's way in the mean time! Doesn't he know that we have a romance to sort out??

“It seems you spend more time at Ms. Lane’s apartment than your own.”
Dude, if you only knew. lol

and he realized how lucky he was to have Mad Dog Lane on his side.
Aww!

And also explain to me what this relationship between the two of you really is?
The $64,000 question, Captain Benseon! wink

“Yes, I would have, and I did…until she crossed a line from which neither of us could recover. She died on duty after shooting the person suspected of kidnapping her son,” Benson recalled. “You can’t always cover for your partner when they break the law.”
Dang! Ok, dark past! It feels like someone might have an agenda based on emotional baggage. It almost makes me feel for him!

It’s not Superman who was there for me when Barbara Trevino tried to kill me.
This is a nice pull. It's always interesting what sticks out as most meaningful in someone's mind.

Well, my judgment is not the best at the moment.
Really nice for her to see that pattern and become self-aware about it.

Gretchen Kelly was the doctor who announced Lex was dead!
Ooooo - love to see Gretchen show up!

“What if Lex isn’t dead?”
This is so, so great because it really exemplifies the Lois Lane leaps of logic that she's famous for. It's not an easy conclusion, and its only apparent if that one little Gretchen-sized puzzle piece comes into play.

clap

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Morgana
Captain Benson shows up in the strangest places ...and his timing could not be worse! grumble

She started digging through the papers and clippings of newspapers she had gathered the last few days. Turning over pages of articles and files of Lex’s, she came upon an article from the Metropolis Star.

“Clark, look at this.” She handed the paper to him.

With those words 'The Hottest Team in Town' is ready to track down the bad guys and get Clark his life back. Oh, they also have to get their own relationship straightened out. All this before a certain police detective locks them both up!

Oh, yes, the captain shows up in the most unusual ways. More of him in the upcoming part. And yes, 'The Hottest Team in Town' is back. Relationship to be continued. Thank you for the feedback.

Originally Posted by bakasi
Lex faked his death to get Clark into trouble? Sounds about right. I'm glad that Lois and Clark are working together now, even if not everything is straightened out yet. Can't wait for that next part.

You might be surprised on where I was taking this the first time I started writing it. Once you read the next part you will understand why I wrote it this way. Next part is coming soon. Thank you for the feedback.

Originally Posted by JadedEvie
Benson might be doing his job, but man, is he getting in everybody's way in the mean time! Doesn't he know that we have a romance to sort out??

“It seems you spend more time at Ms. Lane’s apartment than your own.”
Dude, if you only knew. lol

and he realized how lucky he was to have Mad Dog Lane on his side.
Aww!

And also explain to me what this relationship between the two of you really is?
The $64,000 question, Captain Benseon! wink

“Yes, I would have, and I did…until she crossed a line from which neither of us could recover. She died on duty after shooting the person suspected of kidnapping her son,” Benson recalled. “You can’t always cover for your partner when they break the law.”
Dang! Ok, dark past! It feels like someone might have an agenda based on emotional baggage. It almost makes me feel for him!

It’s not Superman who was there for me when Barbara Trevino tried to kill me.
This is a nice pull. It's always interesting what sticks out as most meaningful in someone's mind.

Well, my judgment is not the best at the moment.
Really nice for her to see that pattern and become self-aware about it.

Gretchen Kelly was the doctor who announced Lex was dead!
Ooooo - love to see Gretchen show up!

“What if Lex isn’t dead?”
This is so, so great because it really exemplifies the Lois Lane leaps of logic that she's famous for. It's not an easy conclusion, and its only apparent if that one little Gretchen-sized puzzle piece comes into play.

clap

I loved these. Not sure how to comment on quotes this way. But first, yes Captain does seem to get in the way. Love the $64,000 question comment. Benson's background might come into play if I write a sequel to this.

I love writing little scenes from other episodes in my fics. The Barbara Trevino scene is one of my favorites, when Clark rushes into Lois' apartment and holds her.

I love puzzles. I love mysteries even more. And the ones that keep the reader guessing on what will happen next. Thank you for all the great comments.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard