Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Murder Over Metropolis 7/?

It's been a crazy week. Enjoy.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you for another terrific chapter. It was good to see the interaction between Lois and the Kent's. Glad, Martha talked Clark into giving Lois another chance instead of shutting her out. I'm wondering who took care of the bail. Eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hi There! Finally getting a word in.

“We would like to request bail, Your Honor,” Constance said as she stood up.

“Your Honor, the defendant is accused of murder in the first degree of a prominent citizen of Metropolis,” Mayson Drake stated as she stood up suddenly.

“Your Honor, Clark Kent has never been in trouble with the law. He has a steady job at the Daily Planet,” Constance said.

“The Daily Planet was destroyed,” Mayson retorted. “There is no Daily Planet.”

It is always cool to see Constance in a story. Mayson is her usually warm self. Wait one minute, what does it matter if Clark was accused of killing a postal worker or a 'prominent citizen'?

“Bail is set at one million dollars,” the judge said as he looked at Clark. “Opening statements will be…”

A million bucks? shock Who does Clark know that has kind of money? Franklin Stern? S.T.A.R. Labs? Next part please. grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I'm glad I'm catching up on this one!

“It says I made a horrible mistake,” Lois said regretfully.
Such a great scenario to set this up! And it feels so much like Lois to just make her entrance this way!

“We know our way around each other’s kitchens,” Lois admitted...
This got me -- just a little heartbreak, but so effectively understated.

“Oh, hush, Lois,” Martha reassured, reaching over to pat Lois’s hand. “It wasn’t until he got the job at the Daily Planet and started working with you that Clark was finally ready to settle down. Your presence in his life made him light up like I’ve never seen before. He never had anyone else in his corner except us. Before you, he seemed so lonely and adrift.” Martha smiled wistfully as she remembered the long years when Clark was off running around the world, trying to find his place. “We know how hard you’re working to protect Clark and prove his innocence. Your relationship will be stronger after all of this is over. The two of you will be back working together soon enough.”
I just love the way you're writing Martha here. I can really hear this in her voice, and I can feel it hitting just the right note with Lois.

“— special,” Martha cut in with a smile.
lol

Hope your son enjoys the game!
I love this little tidbit. Between knowing about Milo's son and Ernie's family, it really feels like Clark's care for the lives of the people around him has rubbed off on Lois. It's such a delicate piece of character progression.

“So what should I do? Give her another chance?” Clark asked, looking over at his mom.
It's so like Clark to immediately jump to forgiveness. I feel like that's peak Superman to think she's worth another chance.

He realized that his parents were there not just for him but also for Lois. She needed more people in her corner, he thought. Watching his mom accept Lois made him realize that maybe Lois was also in his corner.
Every ! part ! of ! this!
His heart is so giving. And his earnest, naive confusion over what Lois' feelings are is just so sweet.

And yay for the Planet being restored! I love that plotline chugging away in the background!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard