Features Writer
Practice Makes Purrfect

Fantastic Finn returns! smile1

Let me know what you think.

-Bek
hyper

Top Banana
Top Banana
One can never overstate the importance of a furry purrer.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is soon sweet. Thanks for stepping in for Ficlet Friday

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww! Finn sounds like a sweet kitty I once knew. So glad the little furball was able to help Clark overcome his fears and practice on controlling his super hearing by focusing on the cat's gentle purring. Thank you so much for giving me something fun to read on a busy Friday. smile1

Last edited by Morgana; 09/08/23 12:29 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by gr8shadesofElvis
One can never overstate the importance of a furry purrer.

Indeed! smile1

Thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by bakasi
This is soon sweet. Thanks for stepping in for Ficlet Friday

Thank you! love And thank you for carrying it for SO long! We gotta get people posting more fic...!

Originally Posted by Morgana
Awww! Finn sounds like a sweet kitty I once knew. So glad the little furball was able to help Clark overcome his fears and practice on controlling his super hearing by focusing on the cat's gentle purring. Thank you so much for giving me something fun to read on a busy Friday. smile1

We have a Finn in my house. He's more of a goofball than anything else though. Love him to pieces. love

Thank you for reading, and I'm glad you enjoyed this! I love writing about Clark's emerging superpowers. I've done flight before, but maybe I'll have to tackle a vision gizmo next....

-Bek
hyper

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
This is lovely. There’s something very soothing about a cat’s purr. It is grounding. I’m glad Clark has Finn and that Clark finally got the courage to tell his mom what’s happening to him. Thank you!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bek!
Hope you guys like this little piece of fluff (okay, this bright orange ball of fluff!).
Awwwww!
[Linked Image]

“It happened again today, Finn,” Clark said quietly, and although he didn’t open his eyes, he felt the cat’s rumbling purrs grow louder. “And this time, I couldn’t stop it. It was loud and…”
I know Clark’s meant to develop powers, it’s just that there’s a really strong inclination to go with the Destined universe.

He should be talking to his parents. They should probably know. But they were…part of the problem, actually.
Oh. Oops? Poor ten-year old. No wonder he ran away from Cat screaming when she came on to him dressed as a farmer’s wife.

. “I should probably…practice it. Right, buddy?”
Shutting off at night is definitely recommend if he plans on sleeping in the same house as his parents.

He kept both hands on the feline on his chest, the gentle vibration of Finn’s purring still his anchor. And he let his hearing focus further.
Nicely done!

as his hands flew up to cover his ears
Whoops?

“Um…I guess, um, there’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you. And it’s kinda hard to explain…”
clap

Cute little piece of fluff!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
“It happened again today, Finn,” Clark said quietly, and although he didn’t open his eyes, he felt the cat’s rumbling purrs grow louder. “And this time, I couldn’t stop it. It was loud and…”
I know Clark’s meant to develop powers, it’s just that there’s a really strong inclination to go with the Destined universe.

I'm trying to make Finn canon rotflol

. “I should probably…practice it. Right, buddy?”
Shutting off at night is definitely recommend if he plans on sleeping in the same house as his parents.

lol You're probably right about that. haha

He kept both hands on the feline on his chest, the gentle vibration of Finn’s purring still his anchor. And he let his hearing focus further.
Nicely done!

smile1 Thanks!!

as his hands flew up to cover his ears
Whoops?

EEP, yeah...

“Um…I guess, um, there’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you. And it’s kinda hard to explain…”
clap

Cute little piece of fluff!

wave Michael

Thank you!!!!

-Bek

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
KITTY!!!!!

This was an adorable fic!! Love that Clark could get help from the cat's purring laugh and I imagine that being able to listen to each drop of rain land must really be amazing!! Great job, Bek!!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard