Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

Ok, so I was a little evil at the end of this chapter, but I hope it didn't destroy your enjoyment. wink

Once again, your opinions are very welcome. smile

Yours Jenni

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Oh, Jenni, he called her Lois! You needed to be a "little evil" at the end of this chapter. Having Clark wake up and have the sight of Lois bring everything back would not have worked. The dialogue among the 6 people was very real. I wanted to shake each one in turn to get the doctors to say what had happened, but that's just impatient me.
I don't know how you do it, but I have a very clear picture of Marje and Mac's house and even the little room where Clark was resting.
I'm also glad the telepathy is working, at least to a degree.
May this week go quickly!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lois felt like weeping at the sight of his dear, sweet smile. But how could he recognize these awful people who had brought him nothing but pain and suffering and not remember who'd shared his love, borne his children and whom he'd called his soulmate?

"These are the doctors who rescued me and saved my life," Clark elucidated patiently. He didn't quite understand why, but he felt it important that these people should get along. "I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them. You wanted to know if you could trust them... well you can... Lois."
Oh wow, Jenni, that was evil! Lois thinks that Clark has completely forgotten her, while he remembers - fondly remembers! - the doctors who are guilty of his pain and sickness. But then - triple whammy!!! - Clark proves that he does remember Lois, or at least her name, but he seems rather unmoved by her, as if he had actively rejected her!!!! OUCH!!!!

Of course, I don't for a moment believe in the rejection bit... but it was an evil cliffhanger, Jenni, I have to say.

All of this is agonizing, but constantly logical and believable. Well, considering what has been done to Clark's head, so that he gets horrible migraine attacks when he tries to remember the time when he was healthy, and when he was happy with his family.

I think my favorite part of this chapter is this:
But even when Superman had completely forgotten who he was, the guy was a hero. No matter what we tried, he refused to accept any order that would cause harm. A weapon's not much good if it won't kill or maim.
What a wonderful, wonderful tribute to Clark this is, Jenni. Clark is a hero because of what he is in his innermost self, not because of his flashy powers. Strip those powers away, and he is still such an amazing hero. A caring, compassionate man who can't be made to deliberately harm anybody. How extremely beautifully you put this.

There are many other lovely things to be found in this chapter. I loved the interaction between Lois, Matt, Marje, Adrienne and Stephan. (Eh, but I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me what a "stoatir" is.) And it was just extremely lovely to see Lois sit by Clark's side and concentrate on reaching him telepathically, and while she didn't get a telepathic answer from him, her transmission reached him, and he slept peacefully.

All in all, this is a great chapter, another one! Wow, and now I can't help feeling we are getting close to the ending here. Surely there can't be more than, say, three or four chapters left to go? Or am I wrong?

Will Adrienne and Stephan make Clark regain his memory? And will Lois, Clark and their children be happy again? That is the million dollar question. I'm impatiently awaiting the answer here!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay, they're back together again! smile1

Still loving those Scottish accents and the many dialect words I haven't heard for a long time. smile

Yvonne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. grumble So, General Hyesan was not acting along. He was working for the government? thumbsup Is a good thing Marje and Mac wore there to help out Lois and Jor-El out.

thumbsup They are more like Jonathan and Martha.

“As far as I'm aware, Superman had his own highly qualified physician.”

“I beg your pardon, Mrs. Kent, but I doubt any other physician would have the knowledge to treat Superman in this case,” Adrienne stated reasonably.
hyper Who can he remember Lois name?

hyper Does he heard about he being Superman and what they did to him?

Get back here! hyper hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, that´s great! I love it!

Adrienne is already quite near to the big secret. Once the family returns to Metropolis and Clark Kent shows up again... she just has to add 2 + 2, and the result will be Superman is Clark Kent. Hmmm...

So the Nord Korean government was behind the whole thing? That´s very definitely a case for the Human Rights Court! When this story is published - preferably in the Daily Planet - they will have some really big problems. I already can see Matt and Clark hauling some officials - hopefully including Kim Jong-Il - out of their palaces and transporting them to court! It would serve them right! mad (and not only because of your fictional story!

But the scene when Lois tried to reach Clark telepathically... mecry It´s perfect!

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Jenni

This is an excellent part. smile1 I'm thoroughly enjoying this.

Tricia cool

C
Blogger
Blogger
C
Wonderful Job!!!

Can't wait for the next part! thumbsup

Columnist
Columnist
This part was just beautiful. I love that Clark was able to hear Lois speaking to him in his mind, and have it calm him, regardless of whatever damage had been done.

And when he said her name at the end of the chapter, that was just so wonderfully done. I am on the edge of my seat to read the rest of this.

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

Again, thanks for the great fdk. Writing this story has sometimes been difficult, but your appreciation has made it worthwhile.

Oh, and Ann, a 'wee stoatir' is a 'very lovely, sexy lady'. wink

Next part tomorrow, and I'm trying very hard to keep up with my posting schedule. smile

Yours Jenni

Features Writer
Features Writer
Jenni, I'm late again with my comments, but just wanted to say once again how much I adore this story. Lois's reaction to seeing Clark again was just perfect, and I loved how the connection between them did calm him. A great conversation with the doctors, and then when Clark walked out...I think I was as transfixed as Lois for a moment.

And I loved that he called her Lois right at the end there. (A very nice little cliffhanger smile ) It looks like important ground has been broken here: Marje had said that before he got very agitated and panicked when asked about the name Lois, yet here it just came right out. And it's unlikely he overheard her name in the conversation with the doctors, because they only addressed her as Mrs. Kent, so that would have only been right at the beginning of the conversation when Lois introduced herself. So I'm assuming that his consciousness is no longer blocking some of the memories fighting to surface, and that's very hopeful...

I'm looking forward to more!

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay!! He's BACK!!!! smile1

I don't have time to say much, Jenni, and I'm sorry... but I'm still reading this and LOVING it!!! Can't wait to see the next part!! smile

~Nicole smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard