Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thank you for the feedback. I am loving the feedback as much as you are loving the story. Full of angst, crime, and questions.

Chapter Four

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not good. Not good at all.

Can't they have the tape analysed? If someone tampered with it there must be some evidence. Maybe Jimmy can find out something? And where is Mrs. Cox? Is she not a suspect? confused

“Ms. Lane, I believe you need to talk to Captain Elliott Benson.
SVU? grin

It looks like Clark has fallen into a very well-laid trap. It has to be Lex's plan. Is there any light at the end of the tunnel? grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
Not good. Not good at all.

Can't they have the tape analysed? If someone tampered with it there must be some evidence. Maybe Jimmy can find out something? And where is Mrs. Cox? Is she not a suspect? confused

“Ms. Lane, I believe you need to talk to Captain Elliott Benson.
SVU? grin

It looks like Clark has fallen into a very well-laid trap. It has to be Lex's plan. Is there any light at the end of the tunnel? grovel

Andreia

The tape will be questioned soon. Mrs. Cox and Jimmy will appear soon also. Plus, yes, that is an SVU reference. I love that show and :swoon: Christopher Meloni. There is light at the end of the tunnel... but how long is that tunnel!

Thank you for the great feedback!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Another tense chapter. Things look grim for Clark and I'm not sure he does himself a favor by keeping Lois at arm's length. It's an understandable reaction of course. Can't wait to see how you'll wriggle him out of this one. Is he going to pull a Richard Kimble?

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“So not only was Mr. Kent in love with you, he was also angry with Luthor for losing his job, the Daily Planet, and his friends, and he blamed Luthor for the Planet’s destruction. He had more than one motive,” the captain said as he tapped his pencil on the pad of paper. “Thank you, Ms. Lane. Given all of this and the gun my officers just found in the dumpster behind Mr. Kent’s apartment, I think I have enough now.”

Lois froze with uncertainty. They’d found a gun in the dumpster behind Clark’s apartment? How? Why? None of this made sense.

“Enough…for what?” Lois asked nervously.

Benson smiled at her. “Enough to charge your friend with murder.”

Ouch! Is this a set-up or what? Never watched SVU, still Benson is no joke...

Mayson was very cold. Will we be seeing her again.

Can't help but think that the reference to yellow writing pads is important.

Neatly crafted case Carrie. Do we really have to wait a week for the next installment? frown

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by bakasi
Another tense chapter. Things look grim for Clark and I'm not sure he does himself a favor by keeping Lois at arm's length. It's an understandable reaction of course. Can't wait to see how you'll wriggle him out of this one. Is he going to pull a Richard Kimble?

Thank you, bakasi. No, Clark will not turn into Richard Kimble. I had to think about that for a second, on who that was. He will get out of it and once again Lois will push her way in.

Originally Posted by Morgana
“So not only was Mr. Kent in love with you, he was also angry with Luthor for losing his job, the Daily Planet, and his friends, and he blamed Luthor for the Planet’s destruction. He had more than one motive,” the captain said as he tapped his pencil on the pad of paper. “Thank you, Ms. Lane. Given all of this and the gun my officers just found in the dumpster behind Mr. Kent’s apartment, I think I have enough now.”

Lois froze with uncertainty. They’d found a gun in the dumpster behind Clark’s apartment? How? Why? None of this made sense.

“Enough…for what?” Lois asked nervously.

Ouch! Is this a set-up or what? Never watched SVU, still Benson is no joke...

Mayson was very cold. Will we be seeing her again.

Can't help but think that the reference to yellow writing pads is important.

Neatly crafted case Carrie. Do we really have to wait a week for the next installment? frown

Yes, very tense. I have been trying to post the chapters as early as possible since they are done. Yes, we will be seeing Mayson again. I am so glad you like this, Morgana.

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I'm late to to the party and just catching up on this story! This section was so suspenseful, as Lois's anxiety built, and things went to sideways in spite of her very best efforts! It's tough being on the other side of the interview.

His mother shouted a few obscene words he hadn’t heard from her in ages, and he heard his dad trying to calm her down, assuring her things would be okay.
So fun to find the thing that finally makes Martha curse!

Somehow, Clark just knew Luthor had to be behind this.
This is so great in how it just frames Luthor as his arch nemesis.

But Cat had run off to California right after Luthor had bought the paper. She had told them before she packed up her desk that she could sleep with billionaires, write about them, but not work under them — it just wasn’t quite her style.
I love the sprinkling of these kinds of details throughout this story so far, and this one is just so great! It really sounds like her! I've got such a soft spot for Cat, and I love seeing her pop up. Very fun to see Constance and Mayson, too!

“Yes, I’ve heard many things about you, Ms. Lane,” Benson said as he welcomed her into the lobby.
Ope! Feels like a trap!

Yup! There's the trap! Poor Lois! But such fun to see it spring open on her.

Looking forward to reading more of this!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally got around to reading this one. OMG I just want to smack Lois upside the head! This is why you *always* lawyer up if a cop starts asking you things. SMH.

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard