Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FoLCs!

I have updated the cookie lifetime to 30 days. This means you should now only need to re-login once a month.

wave Michael
Your friendly neighborhood admin

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you! I'm noticing a small issue with it on mobile. Since my phone automatically fills in the username/password fields, it now automatically sends the information through before I can click the "Remember Me" button. I have to click the button first and then fill in the credentials. Just in case anyone else has the same problem. (I have not encountered this issue before and do not have this issue on my laptop.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!

The behavior you're describing should *) not be related with the cookie lifetime. Depending on which browser / browser version and OS and password manager you're using, autosubmit is a known thing. I found articles from 2019 about Safari starting to do this. I'll ask around on our Discord channel if anyone else has noticed something. Aside from that, it can just be an unlucky coincidence with a tool update that introduced this behavior.

wave Michael

*) There is no relationship between cookie lifetime and an automatic form submission in the specs and the cookies only come into play after the form is submitted. That said, weird stuff can always get added to vital software.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki,

I got a couple of replies already and FoLCs who experience this have the same behavior elsewhere too and/or had to do this since before the change. Which means, as best as I can confirm, this behavior isn't related to the cookie lifetime, and I can't really say why you're only starting to experience this now frown

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks! Like I said, it's just weird. huh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1

wave Michael

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard