Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
In which Clark describes how he panic-bought Pearl Jam tickets...

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like how you describe Clark's thoughts. His nervousness about the coffee/tea question is just hilarious. I'm waiting for the next part.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Their conversation during the cab ride is so cute and funny!

"We weren't dating last week," he let out on a breath.

I love all the subtext behind this line!

Love the kiss!

Looking forward to the rest!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Features Writer
Features Writer
Awww, so sweet, and their giggles laughing at themselves were great.
Looking forward to more.

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by bakasi
I like how you describe Clark's thoughts. His nervousness about the coffee/tea question is just hilarious. I'm waiting for the next part.

KSaraSara does an amazing job with Nervous/Sweet first date Clark! It's one of the reasons I wanted to write this story together!

-Angel
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Anna B. the Greek
Their conversation during the cab ride is so cute and funny!

"We weren't dating last week," he let out on a breath.

I love all the subtext behind this line!

Love the kiss!

Looking forward to the rest!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

Yes she did an awesome job with this whole bit! Thanks for reading it!

-Angel
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Awww, so sweet, and their giggles laughing at themselves were great.
Looking forward to more.

Yeah I loved that she had them laughing themselves silly at it all because really it was so very very silly. Thanks!

-Angel
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara & Sara!
This time, riding in the back of the cab was a lot more comfortable. Having his arm around her during the opening act had been amazing, and it gave him the confidence to do it again now.
There is the old adage how…romantic entangling gets better with practice.

While he’d practcially memorised the way her lips had felt against his during their non-real kisses,
I just realized, what if Clark figures out to engineer fake-kiss situations? Or Lois does? Or, actually, Clark makes up the harmless ones and Lois the live-or-death ones after a little while or maybe when Clark stops again, figuring he was doing something wrong. I’m not going full Faustian Bargain here, just some harmless fun during Season One evil

the freedom of not having to hold back his real feelings for her…it’d been unlike anything he’d experienced before,
So, better than his squeezing of blonde tarts behind the Dairy Freeze?

If anyone could die happy from just having their hand held, it would be him.
See, it would have been so easy. All Trask or Lex would have had to do, was kiss Superman passionately and hold his hand after. Poor guy would be dead now.

She scrunched her nose in that adorable way she did when she was a little embarrassed.
Awww, she’s cute!

She bit the corner of her bottom briefly and then said,
/Psst, with the missing ‘lip’ this is really evocative and funny!

The feeling was so magical, he almost wanted to tell the cabbie to go around the block another time.
Or, hug her real close as they make their way up to her apartment and see where the evening takes us. Just, leave the story alone before you head into work the next morning. She doesn’t like it when her lovers abscond with the goods the morning after.

”We’re here,” he said, giving her shoulder a small squeeze with the arm he still had around her.
clap

As they headed up the steps to her building, his hand found the small of her back, and he could have sworn she might have slowed her pace just a little so that it pressed more firmly against her.
Ooooh…

and while he was confident both of them tacitly agreed on the boundaries,
Marked by the hemlines of Lois’s clothing.

And there was a lot of ground between kissing and…boundaries.
Patience. You must learn patience. You’re still dealing with a v…very patient man.

I uh…thought you might want to know?”

“Oh! Uh, thanks. Yes! Thank you…and thank you.”
They’re adorably awkward!

”I’ll just go…tidy up.” She gestured toward her bathroom and headed that way.

“I’ll make the coffee,” he called after her.
She’s getting into something comfy and he’s getting ready to have ‘coffee’ after their date.

Clark took a deep breath to try and centre himself. He could make coffee in Lois’ kitchen, had done so dozens of times.
What if he couldn’t ? What if Lois’s kitchen is haunted and the reason her cooking always fails? And so does Clark’s when he’s at her place?

He thought he’d just bought her some tea a few months ago for Christmas, but he couldn’t…oh, there it was. Sitting on the countertop with the bow still on it.
Oops?
LOIS: He makes such lovely bows.

She ducked her head and looked down at her tank top, pyjama pants, and white socks. “What?”
See? Comfy!

He found himself needing to do a mental check that he wasn’t actually floating because it sure felt exactly like floating.
She’s his happy thought. Thinking about her always made him rise.

”Would you have said yes?” he asked tentatively.

“If I’d known it could be like this,” she practically whispered. She turned her head slightly and straightened a bit, looking away for just a second. “I’d like to say yes, but if I’m honest, I don’t know.”
Awwwwww

”How do you panic-buy $200 worth of tickets to a band you hate?”

“The gal I asked out? She’s worth every penny and then some.”
lol laugh clap

Another great installment!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Sara & Sara!
This time, riding in the back of the cab was a lot more comfortable. Having his arm around her during the opening act had been amazing, and it gave him the confidence to do it again now.
There is the old adage how…romantic entangling gets better with practice.

While he’d practcially memorised the way her lips had felt against his during their non-real kisses,
I just realized, what if Clark figures out to engineer fake-kiss situations? Or Lois does? Or, actually, Clark makes up the harmless ones and Lois the live-or-death ones after a little while or maybe when Clark stops again, figuring he was doing something wrong. I’m not going full Faustian Bargain here, just some harmless fun during Season One evil

the freedom of not having to hold back his real feelings for her…it’d been unlike anything he’d experienced before,
So, better than his squeezing of blonde tarts behind the Dairy Freeze?

If anyone could die happy from just having their hand held, it would be him.
See, it would have been so easy. All Trask or Lex would have had to do, was kiss Superman passionately and hold his hand after. Poor guy would be dead now.

She scrunched her nose in that adorable way she did when she was a little embarrassed.
Awww, she’s cute!

She bit the corner of her bottom briefly and then said,
/Psst, with the missing ‘lip’ this is really evocative and funny!

The feeling was so magical, he almost wanted to tell the cabbie to go around the block another time.
Or, hug her real close as they make their way up to her apartment and see where the evening takes us. Just, leave the story alone before you head into work the next morning. She doesn’t like it when her lovers abscond with the goods the morning after.

”We’re here,” he said, giving her shoulder a small squeeze with the arm he still had around her.
clap

As they headed up the steps to her building, his hand found the small of her back, and he could have sworn she might have slowed her pace just a little so that it pressed more firmly against her.
Ooooh…

and while he was confident both of them tacitly agreed on the boundaries,
Marked by the hemlines of Lois’s clothing.

And there was a lot of ground between kissing and…boundaries.
Patience. You must learn patience. You’re still dealing with a v…very patient man.

I uh…thought you might want to know?”

“Oh! Uh, thanks. Yes! Thank you…and thank you.”
They’re adorably awkward!

”I’ll just go…tidy up.” She gestured toward her bathroom and headed that way.

“I’ll make the coffee,” he called after her.
She’s getting into something comfy and he’s getting ready to have ‘coffee’ after their date.

Clark took a deep breath to try and centre himself. He could make coffee in Lois’ kitchen, had done so dozens of times.
What if he couldn’t ? What if Lois’s kitchen is haunted and the reason her cooking always fails? And so does Clark’s when he’s at her place?

He thought he’d just bought her some tea a few months ago for Christmas, but he couldn’t…oh, there it was. Sitting on the countertop with the bow still on it.
Oops?
LOIS: He makes such lovely bows.

She ducked her head and looked down at her tank top, pyjama pants, and white socks. “What?”
See? Comfy!

He found himself needing to do a mental check that he wasn’t actually floating because it sure felt exactly like floating.
She’s his happy thought. Thinking about her always made him rise.

”Would you have said yes?” he asked tentatively.

“If I’d known it could be like this,” she practically whispered. She turned her head slightly and straightened a bit, looking away for just a second. “I’d like to say yes, but if I’m honest, I don’t know.”
Awwwwww

”How do you panic-buy $200 worth of tickets to a band you hate?”

“The gal I asked out? She’s worth every penny and then some.”
lol laugh clap

Another great installment!

wave Michael

OMG neither of us caught that typo and you are right it is HILLARIOUS! Thanks for all the comments!

-Angel

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard