Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FoLCs!

It's this time again, some board maintenance is coming up: We're moving the boards to the same server as the nfanfic archives and the Kerth website so we can consolidate resources and thus hosting costs.

When?
Around May 30th 2023, exact day to be determined.
I'm now reasonably certain that it will happen very early on Monday the 29th, US time.

What does that mean?
If all goes well, most of you won't notice a thing. It's a weekday, I'll plan on moving when the US FoLCs should be sleeping and the European FoLCs are at work, and I will set the boards to readonly while they're on the move instead of closing them. From what I've seen when moving the Kerth Awards website, the internet naming system caught up with the new server location pretty quickly. On occasion, it can take between 4 and 48 hours though.

But but but...what about the nKerths?
Don't worry, the Nomination period goes to May 27th 2023, so the move will start no earlier than May 28th. So you can get all the reading in you need to for this important event!

wave Michael
Your friendly neighborhood admin

Last edited by Darth Michael; 05/20/23 09:10 AM. Reason: Updated timeline

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
3 members like this: KSaraSara, mrslane, chelo
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FoLCs!

Tomorrow (May 29th) is the big moving day. I plan on starting around 8a.m. UTC. The boards will remain open for most of the time, but I will lock down creating new posts during the move. If all goes well, the move will be done by early afternoon.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FoLCs!

The new server is up an running if you can read this message smile I still am hunting a strange issue on the https://www.lcficmbs.com/signup/contact-us/ page, but this shouldn't impact regular posting operations smile

wave Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 05/29/23 10:40 AM. Reason: Problems resolved

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard