Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#293540 11/11/22 04:18 AM
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Here's the companion piece to Clark's untimely proposal.
Tell me what you think.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Loved it!

Fun story! I think my favorite line was the "Epiphany button" lol

And the ending was perfect!

Originally Posted by bakasi
Disgust snorted. “Don’t expect too much. The guy is clearly a virgin.”

Joy whipped her head around to look at Disgust. “No way! A guy who can kiss like that and has a body to die for can’t be a virgin.”

Disgust smirked. “Sure he is. You want to bet on it?”

rotflol

Thanks for posting!

-Bek

Features Writer
Features Writer
Lois' reaction makes a great deal of sense now, and I love how it was sadness sticking it to Clark instead of anger rotflol
Very entertaining read cool

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
EEEEEEEE!!!! hyper smile1 dance An Inside Out story for my birthday?? How lucky am I??

I loved it!! These always come out SO GOOD! I’m in awe at how you do it because I can’t even fathom how I’d come up with all the dialogue and stuff for the 5 emotions! And I *love* all the buttons they press, too! Especially the “epiphany button” right before getting frozen. lol

I’m hoping to come back with more feedback later—a few favorite lines—but I wanted to at least post this and a thank you for such a wonderful present! love

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!

Inside A Fury's Mind
Another one! Hmm…must be Lois.

And aww, that’s a great b-day present for Sara!

Clark had his arm wrapped around Lois’ shoulder as they walked through Centennial Park.
/Remembers previous story/ Right.

She knew that she’d ultimately have to address the issue, if Clark didn't do it himself, that was.
Or she could pretend to not know and exploit it mercilessly.

Besides, I’m tired of turning all the romantic memories blue
clap

Anger wrinkled her nose. “Easy. If you win, we will let you watch ‘Ivory Tower’ without complaining a single time.”
Its fun seeing the questions from Discord play out in the story.

"He deserves a whole week.
That’s rather short, though, isn’t it?
DESIRE: wave

Anger was less than impressed. She huffed, frustrated and pointed at the display. “Not true? And what’s this?” She shared a glance with Disgust and a victorious smile spread across their lips. Behind Joy’s back they gave each other a ‘High Five’.
rotflol

“Finally.” She sighed with unusual happiness and looked around. “Is everything set? We absolutely need to keep a record of this, because this is going to be a core memory for sure.”
evil

"Revelation, huh? Core memory?" Anger stomped up to the console. “This better not be one, cause it will be so deep red it's almost black! What kind of sick, whacko-?”
See?

Joy gave the others a tight nod and took a deep breath, before she pushed another button. “Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?”
Great work! Her mischief comes from Joy.

“Get out of my way and let me give him a piece of Lois’ mind.”
clap

Disgust snorted. “Says the person, who had the brilliant idea to push the 'Epiphany Button' right before he froze us.”
laugh

“You didn’t think,” Anger shouted. “That’s what happened. How many times do I have to tell you this? The manual precisely states that we’re never to push the ‘Jump in’-Button before the ‘Checking the water-level’ Button! And what did you do?"
Gold. Simply Gold.

Clark ran a nervous hand through his hair. “They're kind of neck and neck with,'How mad are you?'” Anger tried to fight her way back to the console. “I’ll tell him exactly how mad I am.”
laugh

Like the others she held onto the console while more tremors rocked the Headquarters. Finally, a violent sneeze sent all five emotions to the floor, where they remained lying groggily for a moment.
Great work!

"I'm Disgust, I don't need to be friendly."
laugh

She started stomping with her feet like a child throwing a tantrum. “I want to use that console and I want to use it now!”
Oh, they’re so cute!

Joy looked a little panicked. “Hey, hey, let the poor guy live - I mean, remember that we helped him keep his secret. And that he did have good reasons for not telling Lois."
I just realized, since the emotions already knew in season one but Lois wasn’t consciously aware, how much do they remember from the time travel episode?

Joy laid a hand on his shoulder. “Don’t worry. I’m sure he’s coming back to get another round of your wreath. He’s patient like that.”
laugh

Five hands tried to press the same button. “ GO!” A brief smile of relief appeared on his face.
awwww

Just imagine, what it will be like if they’re not just kissing but making love!”
Joy, you horndog!

Disgust snorted. “Don’t expect too much. The guy is clearly a virgin.”
rotflol

“And if you lose, we get to invite Mom to the wedding.”
Now that’s messed up emotion decision making.

The End
/Taps foot/

How are the emotions going to behave during the amnesia arc (locked away with temp workers coming one of the storage etc places in her mind? And what about the Soul Mates with traveling into their previous lives? Will there be two sets at once? Working with the older selve’s core memories?

That was another wonderful installment. Great fun all around clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for the wonderful feedback. I'm glad you liked this ficlet.

@ksarasara: So glad you enjoyed your present. You mentioned how much you enjoyed these pieces, so I wad hoping this would bring a smile to your face, too.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I love how you fit all the emotions to Lois and Clark's dialogue! Great job!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard