Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Tell us what you think!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh Cat..... I imagine her advice will be more . . . substantial than Jimmy's.

Can't wait to see the date prep. lol

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Oh Cat..... I imagine her advice will be more . . . substantial than Jimmy's.

Can't wait to see the date prep. lol

Ha ha! She tries her best that's for sure!

-Angel
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I missed this chapter earlier. But this was really funny. I love how both Lois and Clark have the same thoughts about Pearl Jam

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by bakasi
I missed this chapter earlier. But this was really funny. I love how both Lois and Clark have the same thoughts about Pearl Jam

*obligatory disclaimer: L&C's opinions of the band do not necessarily reflect those of both writers wink I don't dislike Pearl Jam, but we didn't figure L&C would be fans. It's funnier if they aren't. Thanks for the comment!

-Angel
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Even though the Planet was saved, Cat had felt this was something she needed to do, and though Lois had never been friends with her or even liked her, she respected Cat’s ambition. And surprisingly, the magazine was doing fairly well. Lois didn’t read it, of course, but she had noticed it appearing more and more on major newsstands and even in some supermarkets.

What a howl! Lucy is in Hawaii, so who does Lois turn to for fashion advice? Cat Grant.

Starting her own magazine is a very different turn for Ms. Grant after leaving the DP! Grandma must have been loaded!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Morgana
Even though the Planet was saved, Cat had felt this was something she needed to do, and though Lois had never been friends with her or even liked her, she respected Cat’s ambition. And surprisingly, the magazine was doing fairly well. Lois didn’t read it, of course, but she had noticed it appearing more and more on major newsstands and even in some supermarkets.

What a howl! Lucy is in Hawaii, so who does Lois turn to for fashion advice? Cat Grant.

Starting her own magazine is a very different turn for Ms. Grant after leaving the DP! Grandma must have been loaded!

Ha ha! Well in Supergirl she runs a media network called Catco so I figured a magazine was similar enough as an enterprise and who better to lead the gossip industry?

Thanks for reading!

-Angel
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
This just keeps getting better! I love Cat Grant--in both L & C and Supergirl. So much potential down the drain since her character was underutilized and then dropped completely. I know she is not a likely choice for Lois, but a good one in my opinion. I can hardly wait to see what you have lined up for our favorite duo!!

Great work lovetvfan. clap clap clap

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara & Sara!
Lois was in over her head. What had happened back there? One moment she’d agreed to go out on a date with her best friend and the next? The next she’d found herself agreeing to a Pearl Jam concert of all things. How had that happened?
Isn’t that similar to how she always works on her investigation? One minute she decides to investigate the investigate the inner sanctum of a lair, the next she dangles from the ceiling, wrapped in chains.

Clark obviously liked Pearl Jam. After all, he seemed pretty excited when he’d told her they were the last two tickets.
They’re quite adorable in their lack of basic communication skills.

She’d always pegged him as having somewhat more classical tastes with maybe the odd country album thrown in there.
Beethoven, played on an accordion.

any idea what to even wear to this kind of thing. She wanted to impress him.
They’re going to end up with a PJ cover band at the wedding.

She wanted him to take one look at her and get that look in his eyes—the one he reserved for her and thought she didn’t notice.
When his eyebrows hike up slightly and his glasses slide down his nose so it seems like he’s looking over the rim?

But she knew now she wanted him. And she would have agreed to a monster truck rally if it meant spending time with him on a capital ‘D’ date.
She might have enjoyed that more. Men with very interesting driving skills showing her stuff she can use navigating the streets of Metropolis plus the chance that there's illegal weapons trading involved or the ferrying of drugs.

But that didn’t answer the question of what she should wear.
A chain mesh crop top with a bright yellow swimsuit top underneath, a black denim micro skirt, and knee-high leather boots with 4inch steel heels. And a bright green streak in her hair.

She couldn’t ask Jimmy or Perry, as that would be beyond awkward, so...who?
And Cat’s gone, too.

“Hello, you’ve reached Lucy Lane. I’m not home right now. I’m on vacation in Hawaii. If you wish to reach me, leave me a message here, and I will respond when I return. Aloha!”
So, “Hello, my apartment is empty while I’m on vacation. Please rob me. Thanks! Bye!”

Who did she know that would be able to tell her what was appropriate for a Pearl Jam concert but also sexy enough to knock Clark Kent’s socks off?
Martha?

She groaned as she thought of the one person who would have been able to tell her all of those things but no longer worked in the office.
laugh

It was enough to send her heart flip flopping all over the newsroom.
Awwww, she’s in L O V E !

Right. She sighed. Cat Grant, it was.
Let’s hope she doesn't end up in a pink princess dress because Cat’s feeling funny.
CAT: She said ‘Prince Charming’.

saying she was ‘looking into something’.
Corruption in high fashion. Reporter gets free sample outfits for good publicity, which reporter then does via daily news publication and possibly a cable TV channel.

She popped it into the tape deck in her Jeep and managed to listen to the first two songs – loud and without any discernible melody to speak of
laugh So, just like her mind when she’s watching Superman?

Cat’s face suddenly went from joking to utterly serious and a little worried as they entered her office. She shut the door.
Yes, Lois showing up at a business tycoon’s office usually means grave things will come down on said business.

. “Can’t a former colleague just pop by for a visit?”
CAT: shock You are dying! Need a kidney or something!

“Clark asked me on a date to a Pearl Jam concert and I […]
Awwww, great babblegraph

“Wait...you placed a bet on Clark asking me out?” Lois said.
There’s a whole betting scheme around it, including special prizes for how it happens and what else does, like a hookup in a warehouse or they’re both hanging from the ceiling in chains at the time.

Nothing too...personal.
So, no bedroom shots, but the kiss at the door?

“Alright,” she agreed, feeling both reassured and apprehensive at the same time. “Just...nothing too...loud, please?” “Don’t worry,” Cat said with a grin that made Lois worry quite a bit. “Clark will never know what hit him.”
Wheeeeee!

Thanks for entertaining!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Sara & Sara!
Lois was in over her head. What had happened back there? One moment she’d agreed to go out on a date with her best friend and the next? The next she’d found herself agreeing to a Pearl Jam concert of all things. How had that happened?
Isn’t that similar to how she always works on her investigation? One minute she decides to investigate the investigate the inner sanctum of a lair, the next she dangles from the ceiling, wrapped in chains.

Clark obviously liked Pearl Jam. After all, he seemed pretty excited when he’d told her they were the last two tickets.
They’re quite adorable in their lack of basic communication skills.

She’d always pegged him as having somewhat more classical tastes with maybe the odd country album thrown in there.
Beethoven, played on an accordion.

any idea what to even wear to this kind of thing. She wanted to impress him.
They’re going to end up with a PJ cover band at the wedding.

She wanted him to take one look at her and get that look in his eyes—the one he reserved for her and thought she didn’t notice.
When his eyebrows hike up slightly and his glasses slide down his nose so it seems like he’s looking over the rim?

But she knew now she wanted him. And she would have agreed to a monster truck rally if it meant spending time with him on a capital ‘D’ date.
She might have enjoyed that more. Men with very interesting driving skills showing her stuff she can use navigating the streets of Metropolis plus the chance that there's illegal weapons trading involved or the ferrying of drugs.

But that didn’t answer the question of what she should wear.
A chain mesh crop top with a bright yellow swimsuit top underneath, a black denim micro skirt, and knee-high leather boots with 4inch steel heels. And a bright green streak in her hair.

She couldn’t ask Jimmy or Perry, as that would be beyond awkward, so...who?
And Cat’s gone, too.

“Hello, you’ve reached Lucy Lane. I’m not home right now. I’m on vacation in Hawaii. If you wish to reach me, leave me a message here, and I will respond when I return. Aloha!”
So, “Hello, my apartment is empty while I’m on vacation. Please rob me. Thanks! Bye!”

Who did she know that would be able to tell her what was appropriate for a Pearl Jam concert but also sexy enough to knock Clark Kent’s socks off?
Martha?

She groaned as she thought of the one person who would have been able to tell her all of those things but no longer worked in the office.
laugh

It was enough to send her heart flip flopping all over the newsroom.
Awwww, she’s in L O V E !

Right. She sighed. Cat Grant, it was.
Let’s hope she doesn't end up in a pink princess dress because Cat’s feeling funny.
CAT: She said ‘Prince Charming’.

saying she was ‘looking into something’.
Corruption in high fashion. Reporter gets free sample outfits for good publicity, which reporter then does via daily news publication and possibly a cable TV channel.

She popped it into the tape deck in her Jeep and managed to listen to the first two songs – loud and without any discernible melody to speak of
laugh So, just like her mind when she’s watching Superman?

Cat’s face suddenly went from joking to utterly serious and a little worried as they entered her office. She shut the door.
Yes, Lois showing up at a business tycoon’s office usually means grave things will come down on said business.

. “Can’t a former colleague just pop by for a visit?”
CAT: shock You are dying! Need a kidney or something!

“Clark asked me on a date to a Pearl Jam concert and I […]
Awwww, great babblegraph

“Wait...you placed a bet on Clark asking me out?” Lois said.
There’s a whole betting scheme around it, including special prizes for how it happens and what else does, like a hookup in a warehouse or they’re both hanging from the ceiling in chains at the time.

Nothing too...personal.
So, no bedroom shots, but the kiss at the door?

“Alright,” she agreed, feeling both reassured and apprehensive at the same time. “Just...nothing too...loud, please?” “Don’t worry,” Cat said with a grin that made Lois worry quite a bit. “Clark will never know what hit him.”
Wheeeeee!

Thanks for entertaining!

wave Michael

LOL LOVED your description on what Lois should wear! Thanks!

-Angel

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard