Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Uncle Perry Wants YOU
To Join The Kerth Volunteers!

We need FoLCs from every skillset! Are you good at...?

SPEECHES?
We Need:
  • Presenters for 16 Categories

GRAPHICS OR VIDS?
We Need:
  • Nominee banners and/or videos
  • Award banners for the winners
  • New Author celebratory graphics or vids

TECH STUFF?
We Need:
  • Ushers and Guides to help FoLCs navigate IRC
  • A Voice On/Off Controller for the ceremony chat

SCULPTING?
We Need:
  • A life-sized statue of Queen of the Capes riding a dragon-tiger and holding swords
  • Queenie may not have expected me to leave this one in here! lol

Join the Kerth Committee: See The Internet

Stop by your local recruitment thread today!

Thanks, Queenie, for writing a fabulous advertisement!

It’s volunteer time, FoLCs!!

Please comment, email, or message us and let us know what you are willing to help with!

We have lots of categories, so we need lots of presenters! Are you willing to do one or two presentation speeches? Take on all the size-related categories? The comedy and and the WaFFY one? Let us know—and give us a few options to choose from of what you’d like to try, and we’ll do our best to assign everyone accordingly.

Don’t know what we mean by presentation speech? Haven’t been to a Kerth Ceremony in a while or it’s your first one? Presenters write a speech (funny, sweet, serious—your choice!), and when it’s your turn to present, you’ll copy and paste your speech in a few lines at a time as though you were actually presenting in person. Then, after you’ve listed the nominees for the category, one of the K-Comm (probably Michael) will PM you the winner for you to announce to everyone! To get an idea what one looks like, I’ve pasted below Doranwen’s speech for Best Super Short Story from the 2007 Kerth Awards Ceremony.

<Kaethel> And please welcome Lisa onto the stage with our first award: Best Super Short Story!
<YConnell> +v mrsmosley
<MrsMosley> Actually Doranwen is supposed to do this one smile
* Kaethel takes the Champagne away from Y wink
<Kaethel> aha!
* Kaethel takes the Champagne away from self too then <g<
<Doranwen> Well, the nominees this year are . . .
* Doranwen turns around as she hears a psst sound
<Doranwen> What?
<Doranwen> You mean I'm supposed to give a real speech?
<Doranwen> I thought this was Best Super Short?
<YConnell> lol
<Doranwen> Oh, it's the *stories* that are super short, got it.
<Kaethel> lol
* Doranwen turns back to audience
<Doranwen> Ahem, sorry there, folks.
<Doranwen> The category of Best Super Short is for those stories which fit a size limit of 1-10 kb. They're perfect for a quick read as you scarf down your breakfast in the morning, get dressed, and do your hair.
<Doranwen> They range from funny bits that have us clutching our sides in laughter to waffy mini-passages that make us sigh happily. For the fanfic addict who can't afford the time for longer amounts, these bite-size portions are the little doses of fic that can get you through the day.
<Doranwen> This year, the nominees for Best Super Short are:
<Doranwen> Damn Good Thing, by MrsMosley
<Doranwen> His Body Above Her, by C_A
<Doranwen> Incompatible, by David
<Doranwen> Touch, by Chris Carr
<Doranwen> World Enough, and Time, by C_A
<Doranwen> and the winner is . . .
* Doranwen waits for the envelope
<Doranwen> Touch, by Chris Carr!

Not sure you can attend the ceremony? Or maybe not all of it? That’s okay! While it’s ideal that you’re there, you can still write a speech and ask someone who *can* attend to paste for you!

As you can see from the advertisement, presenting is not all that we need help with! There are a few different ways to help contribute! Has someone else already commented what you wanted to work on? No worries! With a few exceptions, we can divvy up work to spread the love around. smile

Please respond as soon as you can to let us know how you can help!

In the meantime, don’t forget to keep reading so that you’re ready to cast your vote!

Have a question? Ask it here! Or you can PM any of the K-Com members or reach out on Discord too! You can also send an email to us here: Kcom@kerthawards.com

The Kerth Committee
(Sara, Michael, Annie, and lovetvfan)

Other 2023 Kerth posts…
Kerth Announcement Post / Index
Eligible stories list
Official Kickoff Post (Schedule and Categories)
Eligible Fanart and Opt-In Opportunity
Take the Poll: Ceremony Dates and Times
Official Nominees for 2023
Nominations Closed and THANK YOU!
Call for Volunteers
Voting Has Started
2023 Ceremony Information — Where and How
Voting Has Closed
OFFICIAL CEREMONY TIME AND SCHEDULE

Activities
25th Annual Kerth Awards 2023: Activity—Writer’s Year in Review
25th Annual Kerth Awards 2023: Activity—Reader’s Year in Review
25th Annual Kerth Awards 2023: Activity—Kerth Challenges

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Online Happy
Columnist
I'll help with banners and such.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Presenter

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, CarrieRene and Morgana! Just put your names on the top of the KCom stack!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Morgana and Carrie -- Thanks so much! I sent you both messages via Discord to coordinate.

There are still tons of volunteer opportunities and most of them only take a few minutes of your time and are lots of fun. Honestly the best part of the Kerths for me has always been the way it brings everyone out to celebrate and get involved. I love seeing people volunteer for the first time or for the first time in a long time. Presenting at the ceremony is always a blast, and if you're feeling shy, there are plenty of behind the scenes opportunities too.

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard