Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Let me know what you think!! love

Ficlet here

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
Awe. Princess Mommy. I have a hard time with pretend play myself even though I do it in my head all the time! Oh so sweet.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Just sooooo sweet, and I can totally relate. Pretend play was never my favorite thing when my kids were little either. Love, love, love this ficlet!!

love

-Bek

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahhh! Adorable! Almost *too* adorable! Is there such a thing as cuteness overload?! XD

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Sara!
Playing Pretend
It doesn't sound like it's part of the Cheater Series.
CLARK: Considering Lois’s dad, maybe linking the start of our relationship to me supposedly cheating isn't the best way to reassure Lois? She's already fidgety enough as it is.

This was a scrap of an idea I've had sitting around for more than a year, even before I came back to fandom, I think!
So…no cheating then?

Clark witnesses a sweet moment between Lois and their daughter.
Awww…Lois is teaching her daughter to pretend that she has a key to her boyfriend’s apartment and is welcome to figure out how many other women he's pretending to just be friends with.

Lois to be in bed, and he found her easily—her heartbeat and that of their 5-year-old daughter—in Hannah’s room, playing.
Okay, so Hannah is a bit young to learn how to pick locks. Question is, if Lois teaches her daughter a fluid sense of privacy and truth at age 5, will this mean Clark won't be able to detect a change in heartbeat when Hannah becomes a teenager and is informing him that she’s visiting a friend's place for a sleepover with the friend’s parents most certainly not away on a ski trip?

using Hannah's teddy bear to attack and kidnap the innocent stuffed unicorn princess.
Oh no, Clarkie Bear is kidnapping Wanda the Princess.

She hated the simplistic nature of pretend play, especially with a 5-year-old who, as such, didn't have the requisite empathy and social skills necessary to know that her mother wanted to immediately kill off all the characters and end the game then and there.
shock
I am surprised though, because isn’t Lois fond of playing “Reporter rescues Superman” when they're alone at home?
LOIS: That’s not playing pretend. That’s me, recapping the day.

Hannah, her deep purple cape at her back and her dark blue mask covering her eyes, affected her best authoritative voice. "Oh, no you don't! FastGirl is here to save the day."
Oh boy. Let's hope that costume isn't shared as a fun story during Junior Justice League meetings in about ten years.

Then, FastGirl grabbed Bad Guy Teddy Bear and held him out in front of herself. Given the violent near-death she’d directed, Clark was a little anxious at what came next.
Ho boy. On the plus side, Clark will be more concerned with keeping creepy boyfriends safe than his daughter.
CLARK: I think I just heard a cry for help. Hannah, Honey, I think Mommy is still out working. I'll go help her. Just don't hurt him too permanently, okay?

Hannah hugged the bear close, looking at him with so much tenderness. “You don’ hafta be a bad guy anymore. I will help you!”
Oh boy.

. “I guess we’re doing something right,” she whispered.
Yes. We also now know how Andrus &Co managed to let Tempus get away.

“You not try to steal Princess Mommy!”
rotflol That’s something that will come back to haunt teenage Hannah when Clark catches her with her boyfriend on the front porch saying good night.

Adorable!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Awwwwwww!

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I'm with Queen of the Capes on this one. Just too adorable! Now that makes me want a whole series on Hannah. clap clap

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
CarrieRene—right? Pretend play with our favorite characters is one thing… pretend play with a kid and *their* favorite characters…especially when said kid gets mad at you for not following HER narrative…UGH. lol

Bek—Yay!! I’m so happy you love it!

Queen—Cuteness overload? Yes, totally exists! lol I’m glad you think so in terms of this fic—I’m quite fond of it myself. love

Michael—Haha, no…not a bowling story. wink And LOL at the Lois just recapping her day comment!! lol Thanks for all the comments! So glad you enjoyed!

PuffyTiger—Yay! It’s a different kind of adorable than the bowling, but super cute all the same!

Penny—Aww glad you think so!! This one came out quickly! I’m not entirely sure other Hannah stories would, but I’ll keep it in mind. I’m definitely a sucker for the two of them being parents!

Thank you all for such wonderful feedback! love

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
The pretend play is so cute! I love that Lois acts it out so efficiently! laugh

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard