Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Ahhhhh! It’s finished!! Chapter 2 is here.

Here’s the TOC if you missed chapter 1!

I’m sure no one minds that the a-plot wasn’t wrapped up in a tidy bow…but… we all know they’ve got it handled. Plus, it was a totally dumb plot. wink

Please tell me what you think! love

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yay, more kissing. You weren't kidding about there being plenty of kisses. Somehow I wished that Clark had had that talk with Mayson and that Lois and Clark had done a bit more talking too. But this was a wonderful waffy treat

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
^_^ Such a happy fic!
And I smirked at Lois' indignation at Mayson. Definitely in character :P
I also liked how Mayson didn't like Dan either smirk

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

No, it’s not ‘tomorrow’…

This door was going to be the death of him, he just knew it. Or...more likely, the fiery tornado who would open the door as soon as he had the courage to knock.
Did Clark just compare Lois to a pyroclastic stream, washing over the landscape faster than you can run or drive, scorching anything in it's path?

and thoroughly by said tornado—even after they’d agreed to say goodnight, the kissing went on for ten more minutes
No, stop.
You stop.
Stop first.
No, you.

Clark should have every reassurance that Lois was as far from angry with him as she could get.
Lois is like a cat. She can be angry and playful at the same time.

And while her unpredictability was one of the things he loved about her, it might also be the thing that would be ultimately responsible for his demise here on her doorstep.
She uses kryptonite curlers to give her hair that super sheen and bounce. He should wait until she has taken them out before knocking.

That was okay. Fine, really. He’d gotten far more kisses than he’d ever dreamed of last night, so really, he shouldn’t be so overeager.
So, not okay then?

I already called Jimmy and he’s started compiling a list of Mayson’s case load for the past two years, including the backgrounds of the defendants.
Isn’t it seven in the morning? What about work / life balance?
LOIS: He works so I can have a life. Balance.

firing on all cylinders first thing in the morning” Lois, and he couldn’t help but feel a bit energized himself. Watching her dive into a story with all her verve and passion was...intoxicating.
He’s not gonna survive post-honeymoon Lois.

. This certainly wasn’t a new suit, so it wasn’t like she’d worn it just for him—the perfect color, tastefully short skirt, and low-cut blouse under the closely tailored suit coat. “Are you ready to go?” she asked softly, interrupting his thoughts, and he could almost tell from the sound of her voice and the blush in her cheeks that he’d been staring.
LOIS: /checks box/

“Well, it doesn’t even matter because the door was unlocked!”
I do remember that from Discord!

He faltered, his panicked thoughts stumbling right into every single excuse he could think of, none of them good enough to explain why he wouldn’t have at least called to check on her
CLARK: Lois, uh, I uh, we, uh, distracted.

Mayson finally found her voice. “Someone planted a bomb in my car, and I almost died last night. But yeah, Lois, it was fine. No one was hurt.”
CLARK: Oh, good. For a moment there I thought... But yeah. Small bomb, no one hurt. All good. Happens all the time with Lois.

“Yeah,” Mayson said, her tone softening. “Superman saved me. I was...incredibly lucky he was nearby.”
Does she know and now thinks Lois doesn’t know?

I’m really glad he made it in time, Mayson,” Clark said hoarsely, his heart heavy at the thought that he almost hadn’t.
He should break up with Lois for the greater good.

and covering a thick file folder with her hand.
Nice. I do wonder if it’s just a regular investigation or that in-depth profile on the machinations of the Daily Planet and its editor’s involvement in the mayor election fraud.

wondering how he’d apparently managed to hurt Mayson so grievously.
She probably saw them making out like horny teenagers.

Clark’s eyes went wide, wondering what else this Scardino guy might know, or…if he might have even been the one responsible, stopping by to finish the job Superman had so narrowly prevented last night.
No, he doesn’t blow up women.

“That’s what I was thinking,” Mayson agreed. “I had my friend at the ME’s office do some...ah, inquiring—” “Snooping?” Lois smirked.
laugh

that made Clark think that making a run for the door with the file wasn’t out of the realm of possibility for her. A thrill of arousal and awe ran through him, making for an unexpected collision with the unease he was feeling about the potential for danger in this investigation. God, this felt strangely enjoyable.
He should not tell Lois that he gets excited by her antics.

“Thanks, Mayson,” Lois said, and he could tell Lois was doing her best to contain her enthusiasm in front of Mayson.
Or that he likes it when Mayson and Lois work together with him.

so he slowed his kisses, reminding himself that he was now allowed to come back for more.
No need to get it all in one go.

I love you,” she said suddenly, so softly he almost wasn't sure he was meant to hear it, but the look in her eyes told him everything he needed to know. “I love you too,” he breathed. He drew her back toward him as he leaned in to place a tender kiss on her forehead. “God, I love you too.”
Awwwwwww hyper

That was a sweet story with a hint of hot-and-bothered and almost no a-plot despite your warnings up front.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
This door was going to be the death of him, he just knew it.

I just LOVE this opener. Love love love!

The Clark POV is exquisite all throughout, and the way this developed is perfect!! The argument between Lois and Mayson!! Lois covering for Clark! The three of them cooperating on the case! Brilliant story, Sara!! Thank you for sharing!! ❤️❤️

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard