Print Thread
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Episode 2 - Wall of Sound

Clark is nominated for his first Kerth Award, and Lois isn't. While Lois succumbs to her jealousy, a criminal is attacking Metropolis with a sonic weapon that puts people to sleep.

Michael Des Barres plays the villain in this episode. He's also a Marquis! The 26th to be precise. The title was bestowed upon Guillaume Des Barres, a French knight while rescuing King Phillip II of France in 1214! He portrayed Murdoc in the original MacGyver, crossing path with Teri Hatcher (she played Penny in the series). He has been playing with various bands for several decades; the most recent tour was cancelled due to the pandemic.

Favourite scene?
Favourite quote?
Fanfic reccomendations?
Plot bunnies to be released?

Feel free to add any notes of things in the episode. It can be useful to those looking for information for a fic!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Favorite scene: When Lois learns she’s not nominated for this year’s Kerth. It gives us a lot of moments. Followed by the one when Lois is more contrite.

Quotes:
LOIS (to police): Oh, you have leads. You’re just not willing to share. Didn’t your mother teach you that it’s rude not to share?

LOIS: So you want me to hang on your arm and tell everyone how proud I am of my big reporter man?

CLARK: Lois, you’re kind of babbling.
LOIS: I know! See, I never babble!
CLARK: You’re kidding. You’re a brook.

Details:
Metropolis police cars are now white and black instead of yellow and black.
Lois confirms she was nominated every year since she has been eligible for the Kerths.
The Kerth award is just for investigative journalism.
Lois’s Bank: Metropolis Mercantile Bank
Jimmy got a pen-bug with a range of 500 ft at Spies’R’Us.
How can the surveillance video from the bank heist make them drowsy when the camera doesn’t record sound?
Lois’s logon name on the new system, or possibly just the database: Lane0779
Lois’s submitted a story which took down a Bolivian drug cartel.
Lois and Clark once again investigate separately due to a tiff / misunderstanding caused by Clark running off.
This is another instance when Lois is ticked off by Clark’s running off (previously seen in 1x21).
Jimmy does investigative photography and gets a lead.
Lois once again uses her sex-appeal to crack a story.
Mayor: Susan Sharp
Frequency to attack Superman: 500 Million Megahertz = wavelength of 600nm. There’s no good explanation how such a high frequency can be created that is still able to carry enough energy to damage Superman’s hearing or brain.
Lois’s SUV makes its next appearance.
Lois is intensely swooning/flirting with Superman, gives him a rose and a kiss on the cheek.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
I love the handles on the paper cup that Clark is holding in the opening scene. Why don't we have those?

Lois is a sore loser. Though she does recognize it and apologizes to Clark.

Watching Jimmy run, then climb on the bike with that telephoto lens banging around makes me cringe eek

C'mon Clark! Blend in to the bar! Lois has it right. Blend in, investigate, not stick out like a square crazy

We learn Superman is vulnerable to sound waves. Either no-one else in the criminal world learned about it, or it's a loose end the writers left.

Clark and Lois drive all night to get to Echo Canyon (depending on what time it was when Lois got back to the Planet from the club).

Lois has plenty of plants in her apartment! I'm presuming all fake goofy

Favourite line:

Stokes: "Am I missing something? Is there something going on that I'm not aware of? She's your girl, isn't she?" (Stokes figures it out very quickly...)

Lois has clearly forgiven Superman for turning her down, but still, she persists! He's told her no once, yet here she is, giving him a rose and a peck on the cheek.

Fics:

Not Your Girl by me!

Bunnies:

When Superman shows up after the awards ceremony, he and Lois don't talk about the 'she's your girl' comment from Stokes. Instead, Superman flirts with her over the awards. What if Lois asks him about it?

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard