Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#295507 03/17/23 01:16 AM
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
A little one on one with Lois and Houdini. Let me know what you think.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Thanks for the installment! Houdini is a smart one. Reminds me of the Saint Bernard we had when I was growing up. If you came into the back yard through the house you were a friend. If you came into the back yard through the gate you had better be with a family member or he would stop you in your tracks.

Just curious...will Clark be offended when he hears people talking about "Mad Dog", not realizing it's Mad Dog Lane, not mad dog Houdini?

Shallowford
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ahhh good boy Houdini!!

It makes sense that he'd know how to get home, and I'm glad Clark met them there.

Can't wait for the next installment, now that Lois knows and Clark knows that Lois knows.... And Houdini knows that Lois knows lol

Thanks for sharing these wonderful stories with us every week!!

-Bek
hyper

Features Writer
Features Writer
Yay! Houdini has warmed up to Lois ^_^

And Lois knows now....

Can't wait to see what happens next! Is Clark going to accept that Lois knows and let her help him? :3

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww, Houdini is the best! And don't try to tell me that dog doesn't understand English. :3

~•~
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
And don't try to tell me that dog doesn't understand English. :3

Houdini: Wau wau, wuff wuff.

Doesn't sound like English to me. wink

Originally Posted by Shallowford
Just curious...will Clark be offended when he hears people talking about "Mad Dog", not realizing it's Mad Dog Lane, not mad dog Houdini?

That's an interesting thought. Thanks for sharing the story about your dog. Unfortunately, we never had a dog. I'd love to have one but I don't have enough time, so that will have to remain a dream.

Originally Posted by SuperBek
Can't wait for the next installment, now that Lois knows and Clark knows that Lois knows.... And Houdini knows that Lois knows lol

Houdini is an important ally for Lois. grin

Thanks so much for reading and reviewing. sloppy

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Yay! Aww... *eagerly waits for the next one*

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for another wonderful chapter. Houdini is a good, smart dog. I’m glad Lois knows. I can’t wait for the next chapter! Thank you!

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I forgot to mention that I love the last sentence:

A smile flashed across Clark’s face. “That’s a relief. He’s a good judge of character, this one.”

Yes, he is! Only 6 days to the next chapter! Yay!!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!

Clark was gone as if he'd never been there in the first place. But the icy slope he'd created melted before her eyes.
I guess she won’t be chasing after MagiKal’s cape while friend-zoning Clark.
LOIS: Unless it helps him cope?

Because Houdini represented Clark more than anything, he reinforced the strange events of the night and sort of proved that she hadn't just been hallucinating.
HOUDINI: You bet your tail I’m worried. Food giver is missing and it’s supper time soon. I want my snack!
LOIS: You speak?
HOUDINI: Yes , I speak. Unless you’re hallucinating?

He released a low growl, baring his teeth as if Clark was behind him in need of his protection. Lois kept a respectful distance.
HOUDINI: Did you smash a door in food giver’s face? Call food giver a good boy? Sniff the crime boss’s backside?

Yet he chose to work as a freelance reporter covering dog shows.
CLARK: Houdini likes the VIP access to the female contestants.

Naturally, Houdini didn't reply. He just tilted his head and started wagging his tail.
HOUDINI: Food giver come to chicken woman?

what’s with the dog? Are they implementing safety measures for overzealous reporters back at the Planet?”
laugh
Yep. The higher-ups think that a male companion will make the Mad Dog more amenable to safe compromises. Unfortunately, they used that phrasing in the HR request, too, and now there’s a dog instead of a man in the Daily Planet’s employ.

But would Clark think of her as a friend now that he'd revealed his identity in front of her, a reporter?
No, Clark revealing himself in front of her means he does not see her as a “friend”.

. She doubted the setter would be patiently following her if his master were close.
HOUDINI: Food giver follow good smell two foot. I follow good smell two foot and find food giver.

Or was something else going on? She was worried for him. It had been almost two hours since his hasty retreat.
Two whole hours? laugh
LOIS: What do you mean ‘helicopter mom’?

"What am I going to do with you?" Lois wondered aloud and looked at the dog at her side.
Find out if her cooking really tastes like doing food?

he could have made a fortune with his tricks. And yet he decided to live in an old trailer that looked so worn that it seemed like pure luck it hadn’t fallen apar
Don’t worry, it’s the Tardis model.

“You know where I live?” He sounded surprised rather than angry.
A good reporter has her sources.

A smile flashed across Clark’s face. “That’s a relief. He’s a good judge of character, this one.”
Aww, he has his dog sniff out all his prospective girlfriends before bringing them home.
LOIS: “all”?

Fan as always! And looky there, with me being a wee bit late, there’s another up already hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Clark’s muttered ‘sorry’ had been loaded with pain, guilt and fear, so much so that she couldn't help but wonder if that were her emotions or his.

GAHHHH!! LOVE this!

Suddenly, she'd found herself in Clark's arms, hovering several feet above the ground. Time had seemed to stand still, suspending their fall, like a dream. His wide eyes and drawn face, the hasty heaves of his chest, however, had been real enough.

Gahh what a beautiful paragraph! Especially the “like a dream” sentence!

"Haha, very funny," Lois deadpanned. "He belongs to… a friend. I'm just keeping an eye on him."

She felt a pang of regret, because she wished that were true. But would Clark think of her as a friend now that he'd revealed his identity in front of her, a reporter?

Billings raised a single brow. "Looks more like he's keeping an eye on you."

LOL I love that!!! And GAHH yeah… Clark still wants to be your friend and more!! You just have to show him it’s okay somehow!!!

GAHHHHH this part was so amazing! I sooooo loved the interactions between Lois and Houdini! And YAY Houdini for leading her to the RV!!! And GAHHH I’m so glad Clark didn’t panic and run… he embraced the fact that Houdini brought her there. love

On to the next…

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard