Features Writer
Here it is: Paper Cut

Hope you all enjoyed ^_^ Thoughts?

Blueowl #295461 03/11/23 01:46 AM
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I love it! I'm always a bit of a sucker for hurt Clark being helped by Lois...

Blueowl #295462 03/11/23 04:38 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Just wonderful. I love it when Lois comforts a hurt Clark. Thanks so much for writing this.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Blueowl #295463 03/11/23 07:50 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely little fic. Thanks for sharing!
Speaking of poor hurt Clark, of whom many of us are fans, I reread one of my favourites, Break, recently. Any chance of a follow up to that?, she asked hopefully...

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Blueowl #295466 03/11/23 11:47 AM
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Poor Clark!

I like the changes you made. Clark flying out of the window the moment Lois digs a bullet out of his shoulder seemed incongruous to what had happened the prior episode!

Blueowl #295482 03/12/23 08:42 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
PuffyTiger - Me too! blush

bakasi - Thanks for creating the plot bunny! I had fun writing this laugh

gr8shadesofElvis - Glad you enjoyed it ^_^ As for Break, I might one day do a follow up. I have a very tiny sum-up outline for it at the moment, but would you by chance be interested in being a soundboard for me for it? Let me know cool

Toomi8 - Yeah, this had certainly been rougher than in canon, but much more realistic imo.

Thanks for the reviews! smile1

Blueowl #295483 03/12/23 10:04 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally got to read this one (RL has been busy). I LOVE IT! Nice revelation, too! smile

~•~
Blueowl #295485 03/14/23 06:43 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Thanks for a great story! I agree with you, this was rougher but much better than on the show. Lois learned the secret and didn't blow up--and it was in character. Nicely done!

Shallowford
Blueowl #295493 03/15/23 12:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I always enjoy a revelation where Clark has to spill the beans, but Lois accepts the situation without being upset. The papercut was a perfect clue. Way to go!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Blueowl #295504 03/16/23 05:43 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Blueowl!

: ‘Trust Me, I’m a Reporter’ by Yvonne.
I’m pretty sure I read that oxymoron. Clark must have been tortured.

Cold water splashed onto her face, disturbing the haze of unnatural sleep that was wrapped around her before an even more intense cluster of droplets landed and threatened to enter her nose.
Torture? Or, rather loisnapped, chloroformed, and now woken up to get the hidden story notes from her?

Why was she holding a gun!? Oh no! Was this the gun Arianna had?
/eyes rewatch/ Oh, was it already that many weeks ago?

bleeding heavily from a hole - A HOLE?! - in his left shoulder. He was pressing his hand against it, but it didn't seem to be doing much to stop the flow.
Invulnerable blood flow. Not even Superman can stop it.

Her brain tried to process what she was seeing. How?! How could he be hurt?! He was Superman! He was invulnerable!
So, *that’s* how you cross GGGoH with Madame Ex.

Which reminds me, what if Madame Ex was actually Lex’s Madame and used her used her manipulative psychology to procure willing women for Lex in exchange for a finder's fee.

She had seen injured people before, even people who’d been shot, but never like this. Never someone she knew
/Psst/ Lex was shot in front of her and because of her during Fly Hard. They even hit the same spot. Which means another bunny! Lois could treat Superman with the citrus chewing gum concoction.

‘Out’? As in, she had to somehow get it out? The bullet? How could she do that?
She could try the snake bite approach.

She was no doctor, and even if she was, how would she be able to extract a bullet outside of a hospital?
They did it on the West Coast all the time. Half the gun slingers even survived the procedure. And for some of those, even the infection that came after.

His heart was hammering frighteningly fast. She could feel it humming, humming, under her palm.
He’s a bird!

Superman released a cry she never imagined he was even capable of as he arched his back
You could leak such great surveillance videos from it. “Reporter stabs Superman”.

An ominous green glow seeped through flesh before she saw the crystal surface. Relief flooded her. It was the bullet!
Or the power cell of his pacemaker.

She quickly wiped it clean to fully see, hoping it was whole. It was.
Great catch!

”You’ve never. . . .” She paused, uncertain, but then she decided to plow ahead. “Seen your own blood before, have you?”
Oh that’s good evil

No. I have. I once got a paper cut," he said, still staring at his bloody fingertips.
Really, Clark?

I was exposed to kryptonite and lost my powers for a bit last year," he explained, closing his eyes.
*Really*, Clark?

so I could call Clark and have him meet us there in a car."
Better call Jimmy. He’s better at the whole ‘car procurement ' thingy.

Lois, Superman!" he gasped, rushing out of the car. "What happened?!"
Considering the events leading up to this, she can consider herself lucky that he didn't ask if she shot Superman.

She was suddenly grateful Jimmy hadn't gotten the correct size, even though before she had been quite annoyed upon learning these undercover clothes were far too big on her to be convincing.
JIMMY: She was eating chocolate bars by the box. I figured 'better safe than sorry’.

. I’ll stay here with Superman and call Henderson at some point. Arianna did kidnap me, and I’ll need to make a statement.”
LOIS: Hey, Henderson. Yes, it’s me. Yes, I need another form 2/46B. You finally got those pre-printed ones? Great. What? No, no property damage files this time.

But, no offense, I don’t really count a paper cut as an injury,” she pointed out with a tentative smile.
Superman: But it hurt! A lot.

"It's an odd pain. It's almost like . . . I feel silly for even saying it, but it's almost as if my stomach was beat up and spun around?"
Almost like when he imagined Lois and lex on their honeymoon?
SUPERMAN: sick No, not that bad. Maybe a burp instead of projectile vomiting?

And then she realized. It wasn’t possible. Unless. . . .
It’s what you call self-sabotage?

There was no way. Just no way.
She could just go with: “Clark? Where do you keep your sugar?”

. . . Discovered your secret. . . . Realized what I could have lost. . . . Reconfirmed what I have known for a while — I love you.
Awwww

his eyebrows raising the way they always did when he was trying to keep up with her on stories or figure out how to dissuade her from doing something reckless.
She’s adorable!

“You look just as baffled as you did when I told you to put your paper cut in your mouth.”
Awwwwww

His quiet, broken laughter halted instantly, and he stared at her for a long moment. “You–?” he breathed.
Oh, he’s awake enough to notice.

“I have pen and paper on the desk in my room if you want to begin making a list of questions. Just be careful,” he warned. “Paper cuts hurt.”
Adorable . Simply adorable!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Blueowl #295524 03/19/23 02:48 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for a great story! This is much better than the episode. I liked the revelation and that Lois didn’t get mad. I love that Clark was found out by a paper cut. Yes, paper cuts hurt!

Blueowl #299712 04/14/24 01:38 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I love how descriptive your writing is here! Really drew me in from the first moment! Excellent work with the tension and urgency!

"No. I have. I once got a paper cut," he said, still staring at his bloody fingertips.

!!!

I always love the idea of Superman experiencing the new, strange, human feelings! The nausea, the hot tea!

“You look just as baffled as you did when I told you to put your paper cut in your mouth.”

Hee, I love how she approached the subject!! It was a very sensitive moment, definitely not the time for a flurry of feelings to come out! This was perfect!!

Great story, thank you for sharing!! ❤️❤️

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Blueowl #299721 04/14/24 08:52 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I can't believe I didn't respond to all these comments before now! Grief! Thanks so much for reviewing, everyone!

Queen of the Capes-- I completely get RL making fanfic time non-existent crazy Glad you liked the story smile

Shallowford-- Yeah, I'm partial to those reveals too. I like the self-realization approach with grace and tenderness sloppy

Morgana-- When I got the papercut idea it wouldn't let go ^_^

Darth Michael-- Glad you enjoyed it all, and thanks for the many thoughts grin As for Lois having seen Luthor shot, does he count as someone she knew? smirk

Songbird-- I felt after everything Clark had gone through that day, he needed a bit of a break twins

Anna B. the Greek-- Superman having to handle/cope with very human things is also a favorite of mine :3 Glad you enjoyed grin

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard