Print Thread
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Welcome to the season 2 rewatch!

Madame Ex - Lex Luthor has an ex wife and she is determined to make two people pay for his death: Superman and Lois. Clark and Lois try to find out who she is, who is behind the mysterious Lois Lane lookalike, and why people are hating on Superman.

- First appearance of Justin Whalin as Jimmy Olsen.

Favourite scene?
Favourite quote?
Fanfic reccomendations?
Plot bunnies to be released?

Feel free to add any notes of things in the episode. It can be useful to those looking for information for a fic!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi!

New Season!

Fanfic:
Virginia's Wrong Trilogy, Book 1: Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois has a strong Arianna arc in it. Other than that, I can't really say. She isn't the most omnipresent character in LnC huh
Blueowl's Paper Cut is a fun adaption.

Plot Bunnies
Blueowl's Paper Cut gave me "What if Arianna was actually Lex's Madame?" and the Kryptonite bullet hit the same spot where Lex was hit during Fly Hard. With the premise of Paper Cut where the healing takes some time, Lois could try to close the wound using citrus juice and chewing gum.

Quotes:
LOIS (about her chocolate bars in her desk): those are for emergencies

LOIS: How did you catch him?
CLARK: He got tired. (literally caught in a tire)

JIMMY: What's really weird is when they asked _why_ they didn't like Superman, half the people couldn't even give a specific reason.
LOIS: I swear, we're witnessing the dumbing down of America. People with opinions who have no idea why they even _have_ an opinion.

LOIS: I was home eating Chocolate. Cottage Cheese. Chocolate flavored cottage cheese. It’s a new flavor. I was doing my laundry.

CLARK: I think you are brilliant. But there is a fine line between brilliance and lunacy.

Details:
Opening credits contain images from Clark’s Kerth award in Episode 2 as well as Lois’s Kerths. That could be considered a spoiler. Of course, nobody knows what they are at the time…
Perry recounts stress symptoms – anxiety, short fuses. Clark gives Lois a meaning full look. She looks back – annoyed.
Clark mentions Lois has candy bars in her desk drawer. That’s a new thing since the wedding fell through.
Minute 11:30: Lois gets her candybar shipment (Double Fudge Crunch Bar)
Lois is confirmed to be right handed.
Another Fruit Fly Spraying is announced.
Perry confirms Lois has joined the Daily Planet about five years ago. (1994 – 5 = 1989) (Minute 13)
Minute 14:30: Superman reads while flying, bends a radio antennea
Minute 16: Lois unloads her feelings. Lois was attracted to Lex’s power.
Sheldon Bender makes his first appearance.
Lois is angry that Lex lied to her about being married before.
Lex married Arianna Carlin 10 years ago on October 8th, 1984
Minute 23: Clark wears a particularly loud tie.
Lois rips out a phonebook page.
Lois has a habit of picking up loose change.
10 years ago Lex wasn’t a known figure (wasn’t anybody then). Which means he made it to third richest person within 9 years.
Lois again mentions her hair is bouncy.
Giant discovery: triple-sized first letters of each paragraph spell out a message. It does take Clark a bit to see it.
Superman takes several minutes to get to Lex’s penthouse after the call. That’s…convenient.
Clark, shot with Kryptonite can still use his heat vision. After the bullet is removed, he can still fly and heal but isn’t strong enough to stop a car when run over.
One street over from central Metropolis, there’s warehouses and personal homes with picket fences.

wave Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 03/16/23 05:46 PM. Reason: Story Notes

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
How many weeks has it been since Lex's death?

The anger in the city about Superman not saving Lex was attributed to the subliminal messages that were being printed, but I'm sure there were some genuine feelings. There's almost the beginnings of a plot bunny here but I'm not sure where it would go.

Lois' confusion over the new technology is amusing, but I feel some empathy to her. As I get older I'm feeling more like this!

The reporter asking questions at the anti Superman rally would have known it was Lois Lane? Wouldn't someone in that crowd know that Lex's ex fiancé was in the crowd?

Lois says she's only interested in "one man in blue," and she says it to Clark. He doesn't flinch. She later tells Arianna that she's in love with Superman. It seems a little odd after she has just finished realizing she likes Clark, despite his brush off, is now right back to Superman worship. Does Lois see Superman between the time she tells him she loves him and the time she digs a bullet out of his shoulder?

Lois admits it was a shock to have Lex propose to her.

Perry comments that nobody can kill Superman... I wonder what Clark thinks of that after his brush with Kryptonite.

The tanker truck cab is remarkably similar to a truck we have at work that I drive when my normal truck needs service. Given how fancy the brand new trucks are, it certainly dates things!

Favourite lines:

Lois: "What were you doing in my drawers anyway?" goofy There's a double entendre.... shock

Captain: "You'd think with all of his money, he'd have come up with a better escape plan!"

Favourite scene: I like the scene where Lois pulls the bullet out of Superman's shoulder. It shows vulnerability from both of them, and I do wonder if this is the first time they've seen each other since the infamous nightdress scene!

Fics:

I loved Blueowl's Paper Cut.

Last edited by Toomi8; 03/25/23 10:18 AM.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard