Print Thread
#295389 03/03/23 03:52 PM
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Let me know what you think.

Part of the Inside Out Series.

Last edited by KSaraSara; 03/03/23 05:06 PM. Reason: Adding series TOC - KSaraSara

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
GAHHHHH!!! That was so good!!!

What I really love about these—and it REALLY showed in this one—is that we get to actually SEE Clark’s warring emotions! I mean… his internal anger and fear in this one… there’s more emotion under the surface than we get to see in Clark’s words and actions and expressions…and to see what motivates those actual actions and stuff? GAHH! I love it!

Thank you!!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
That makes SO much sense. He WANTED to tell her the truth, but he literally couldn't rotflol
I like this reason more than most other reasons given elsewhere drool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
All of it was really good, but that last line killed me. XD

~•~
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ahhhh, I LOVE it!! Why oh why did the revelation button have to be disabled?!? whinging

And yes, loved it all, but the last line was the best rotflol

Thank you for sharing this!!!

-Bek
hyper

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
What I really love about these—and it REALLY showed in this one—is that we get to actually SEE Clark’s warring emotions! I mean… his internal anger and fear in this one… there’s more emotion under the surface than we get to see in Clark’s words and actions and expressions…and to see what motivates those actual actions and stuff? GAHH! I love it!

Glad you like this. Though, for the life of me, I can't figure out how my recent work in progress translated into a TOGOM Inside Out bunny. All Shook Up made sense, kind of. But no, not really. rotflol

Originally Posted by Blueowl
like this reason more than most other reasons given elsewhere drool

So it turned out like kind of a fix-it fic, after all, huh?

Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
All of it was really good, but that last line killed me. XD

I couldn't help but reference to that final scene.

Thank you all so much for reading and reviewing. hyper

Last edited by bakasi; 03/04/23 06:12 AM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!
Challenge accepted, KSaraSara. Be careful what you wish for.
evil Oh yes, was going to say the same thing.

This is actually my first TOGOM adaption. And like all my other Inside Out stories, it's not a fix-it.
Tank never (?) fixed them either, so you’re in great company.

Can anyone think of a good excuse?"
Does he have a glass close at hand. He could spill it on himself and say that he needs to visit the bathroom because the scare was too much.

"If we were actually serious about finding excuses, maybe we'd be a little better at it." Disgust deadpanned.
Mwahaha, his emotions are slackers!

Sadness let out a breath. "Sounds like he's not going to start a blood bath, what do you think?" He turned to his fellow emotions.
With that face? No, he sure doesn't look like he bathes in virgin blood on a regular basis.

When each of them slowly nodded, Sadness flipped the lid back in place and sat down.
It’s cute that they have molly-guarded the Superman switch. They should do that with the “break up with Lois” switch, too. And add a two-man switch as well.

When Dillinger started to run a hand down her cheek, Anger's features contorted with rage. He let out a low growl and shook off the four emotions that were trying to hold him back.
Okay, so he hulks out (which means green), he’s amped up on jealousy (which means green) and yet, he is still able to perform. No kryptonite poisoning.

Sadnesses: doesn’t work that way…

Dillinger laughed. "Who are you? Her big brother?"
No, the dame’s protector. And there won’t be any touching of the merchandise before payment is completed.

Three shots rang out of a pistol that was pointed at Clark's chest. The five emotions looked at each other in shock.
Oops ?

“Press the collapse button?” Disgust suggested with another roll of his eyes. “Collapse button?” Anger grumbled. “This guy is invulnerable. Why on Earth would he have a collapse button?”
laugh

“Oh, this looks promising. Do you think playing pretend might work?”
But…but…he’s always playing pretend with Lois. She just doesn’t know it!

There was no reply. Capone went on. “Let's get out of here. And take the stiff. I can't afford to be linked to a murder.”
Capone: what is this witchery? ‘video’? That’s just some fancy trick youse feds made up!

“But this is Lois!” Joy cried. “She needs to know.”
She might realize that she loves him!

Disgust wrinkled his nose as Fear started to gag. “No, no, don’t… You’re not-” He closed his eyes and turned away. “Good grief, you did throw up on the console.”
clap so much for recovering from stiff-mode.

There is no other way. I’m going to initiate the revelation.” His hand hovered over the button, trembling slightly as the emotion tried to work up his courage. Finally, he seemed to come to a decision and pressed the button. Bold, red letters flashed on the screen, saying. “Revelation disabled.”
He choked on it! laugh

That was really great approach to Clark’s mishap. clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hahaha, another gem! Love it! My favorite line was "If we were actually serious about finding excuses, maybe we'd be a little better at it." Disgust deadpanned. So true!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
"Sure." Disgust snorted. "Excuse me, Mr. Bad Guy, would you mind if I went home. I forgot to feed my cat."

Joy rolled his eyes at Disgust. "I was being serious about this."

"If we were actually serious about finding excuses, maybe we'd be a little better at it." Disgust deadpanned.

Oh. My. Goodness. This bit is HILARIOUS!!!!

As always, your Inside Out fics are genius. I love that there's a 'revelation' button.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard