K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Story is here!

Please let me know what you think! Did anything give you the FEELS? What’s your favorite line? Oh please don’t ask me any time travel questions. lol

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
I loved it. My favorite lines were the end when she realized it was Lois and Clark that visited them. Great little ficlet.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww, so beautiful. I loved it.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Ahhh I love it!!! whinging

~•~
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Oooh what a lovely ficlet! Martha's feelings and introspection are so well done!

And OMG, the ending!! That was brilliant!! How mind-blowing must it be to recognize your son in the person of a man you saw 27 years ago?

Great job!! So emotional! love

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
k Callan was the perfect actress to portray the updated version of Martha Kent. When I first saw the pilot I thought, 'this is the best Martha ever! This sensitive tale was beautifully written and shows her strength and deep inner beauty.

The ending was a sweet surprise. It figures Martha would remember that unusual couple they meet so many years ago. It is a pity that was never mentioned in the series.

Again, a wonderful story. wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for a lovely story! It made me melt, especially the surprise at the end. Martha would remember that. Keeping Martha and Jonathan in the show was a great idea and the casting was brilliant.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
From the moment she held him in her arms, her heart knew that he was hers. But given the bizarre day they had, her mind took a little longer to catch up.
Ah, I see, you sure set up expectations rather quickly. Indeed, death by waff rather than laugh.

she doesn’t actually have superpowers (I don’t think...at least not of the Kryptonian variety).
Aww…careful with any lasso-like rope-implements that may have come with the baby blanket.

and a cloth diaper she had already hand-laundered twice.
Is it red? On an unrelated note, in Madame Ex, his red briefs have quite a lot of padding around the leg holes. The whole getup got a bit of a diaper feel going on.

He’d had no clothes, only the deep blue blanket he’d been swaddled in and a cloth diaper she had already hand-laundered twice.
CLARK: Mom! Do you have to tell Lois that story?
LOIS: Super-dookie laugh

If she had to guess, she’d say the little guy was only a few months old.
And 143 light years.

He was a relatively calm baby, too, though her heart twisted at the thought that maybe he’d learned to be silent from being put inside that capsule.
It’s how Kryptonian parents try to get their babies to sleep. Three orbits around Krypton usually do the trick.

and the capsule back to the safety of their home.
Makes you wonder, what about a radio tracker that would surely be built into the capsule.

But he’d been warningly cautious in telling her that they were not to keep the baby—he wasn’t theirs.
Finders, keepers!

That’s not what you say when a couple comes to your home and tells you they're looking for a baby!” Martha fussed.
You never know, them city folk might try to buy one. Best get them out of here quickly.

And she didn’t look like... well, not that I know what a mother who’s lost her baby looks like, but she wasn’t it. She was...she didn’t seem like a mother in distress, but I do know she cared about the man a great deal—that was plain to see.”
She was one of them company women who run around with guns and shoot them foreign spies in their beds.

She’d need to tell Jonathan to get rid of the spacecraft, somewhere no one would find it. And anyone who came searching for a baby now?
Get rid of them, too. Jonathan should hide them where no one would find them.

but the last thing she’d ever do was let anyone hurt her boy. Her boy.
And yet, she allowed Clark to hang out with Lana.

Martha was struck by the sight of her there across the town square, the woman standing next to Clark in the middle of the Smallville Corn Festival
Oh boy.

However they’d managed to get to 1966 that day...well, she’d probably never know. But there was something about all this that was always meant to be. She just knew. The End
That’s a twist clap

Yes, this was certainly more heartfelt than funny. smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Aaaaaaaggggghhhhhh! What a fantastic way to tie that all together. So many feels! I wondered what Martha and Jonathan would have said/felt when Clark grew up to loom like the visitor from their past. This explained it all perfectly.

1 member likes this: Darth Michael
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just loved this sweet ficlet and the ending that should have been in the show somehow. Excited to read this Martha series! clap

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard