OP Offline
Columnist
Ficlet Friday

Story

Thank you for the comments.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Now that the pie was ready to put in the oven, she couldn’t figure out where to put the pie. It needed to bake for fifteen minutes at 425 degrees. She did the calculations in her head. If the turkey was set at 325 and the pie needed to be at 425, maybe she could put the pie in at 325 and bake it longer. Yup, that is what she would do.

Oh, Lois, that's not how it works, honey. lol

Another dish that needed the oven. How did people make these fancy dinners with just one oven?

It's not easy! (We only have one tiny oven, so I feel this!! goofy)

She wasn’t sure if anyone would even come, but she decided she deserved a perfect Christmas dinner, even if she didn’t have anyone to share it with.

Don't worry, Lois, your best friend will not let you down! love

Love this little added scene, and Lois was indeed quite lucky to have found a place that could deliver her the food on time!

Thank you for sharing!!

-Bek

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I should've realized from the title that this fic would make me hungry! XD

Very cute! Glad Lois realized the secret to a perfect holiday dinner. wink

ETA: Also, Lois, Spatchcock the turkey! It won't be as pretty, but by removing the spine and flattening it, you'll get a juicer, tastier bird in half the cook time! smile

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 12/09/22 05:59 PM.

~•~
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Haha! Oh, Lois… your bravery and confidence… well, it’s too bad they alone do not make a dinner. rotflol

When I first started reading, I was like… oh my, how is she ever going to pull this off?? I should have known how it would end! clap

Thanks for sharing!! Shall we count this as a Ficlet Friday AND and Advent Challenge response?? smile1

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
Shall we count this as a Ficlet Friday AND and Advent Challenge response?? smile1

Sara smile

It should be! Advent Challenge #2: Baking clap

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh poor Lois. It's a good thing Clark comes over.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Yes, that is what I was thinking at one point. I was aiming for the Advent one, but then it turned into Ficlet Friday.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Carrie Rene!
Ever wonder how Lois was going to make everything for dinner?
Nope. Well, the “wondering” part. Considered various options during fanfic-plot-bunny discussions, oh sure.

With one little oven, how did she get everything done in time?
Well, we have time travelers, 5th-dimensional Imps, and more cloning attempts than perhaps even bank robberies, so…some sort of molecular reconstruction? huh

“Turkey is in the oven,” Lois said to herself as she closed the oven. Looking around her small kitchen, she realized she still had tons to do. The turkey would take hours.
Did she unwrap it?
LOIS: Of course I pulled the price tag with the cooking instructions off the cellophane wrap. What sort of nit-wit do you take me for?

Luckily she had been able to find a cookbook at the local bookstore with an easy pie recipe.
Don’t they have those printed on the backside of the pie-mix boxes?
LOIS: Wait…what?

“How hard could this be?” she mumbled. She was going all out for this dinner so she decided to attempt a homemade pie crust.
Getting a nice, crunchy brown crust shouldn’t be too difficult in the oven.

She tried to move the dough together, but it kept sticking to the counter.
Flour?

She read the recipe over again and realized she needed to flour the counter.
[Linked Image]

Lois had found a roller in her kitchen in one of the drawers, not sure where it had come from.
Garage sale. She thought it would make a great weapon.

As soon as Lois put the dough in the pan, she realized this was going to be harder than she thought.
The finished pie, huh? wink

She did the calculations in her head. If the turkey was set at 325 and the pie needed to be at 425, maybe she could put the pie in at 325 and bake it longer. Yup, that is what she would do.
Yah…nope.

The non-cook had the whole rest of an entire Christmas dinner she had to cook.
clap

Lois was going to make a spectacular dinner even if it was cooked by someone else.
Dialing is making, isn’t it?

She wasn’t sure if anyone would even come, but she decided she deserved a perfect Christmas dinner, even if she didn’t have anyone to share it with.
Aww…and who would have thought that Clark’s star-present would be the most homemade thing at that Christmas dinner clap

Really funny fuzzy Lois you did there. I kind of felt like she got worse and worse with each passing dish smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
“How hard could this be?” she mumbled.
rotflol

What a mess. help

Good job capturing Lois at her best (or should I say worst wink ) in the kitchen!

Thanks for sharing.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
There was flour all over her kitchen now.

Oh god I hate making dough, this is so relatable rotflol

Another dish that needed the oven. How did people make these fancy dinners with just one oven?

Right??

I love fics with shenanigans, hahaha! This was cute and funny and even poignant in the end! She deserves a perfect Christmas dinner indeed!!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard