~•~
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I love it! At least they are together!

Top Banana
Top Banana
What a cool idea. I love it also! I was beginning to suspect something like that with the comment about the pork chops and mashed potatoes. The part I love the most was reading it again applying the context to the story.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Awwww, I kinda love that they’re just happy overall in their little Monday world that’s been… years!!! so far! lol Adorable. love

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I always suspect a twist coming when I'm reading one of your stories, but you always manage to surprise me. And I agree with Mike, it's even more fun reading it the second time. Any chance you got inspired by the groundhog day discussion? clap

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Aw, thanks guys! Glad you liked it! laugh

Originally Posted by bakasi
I always suspect a twist coming when I'm reading one of your stories, but you always manage to surprise me. And I agree with Mike, it's even more fun reading it the second time. Any chance you got inspired by the groundhog day discussion? clap

Hehe, yep. smile I didn't want to say anything because I was afraid of giving too many spoilers, but it all came about because of that Discord convo. XD

~•~
Features Writer
Features Writer
Awwww, I just Love it! love

-Bek

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is really cute.

Originally Posted by Mary
"So, how long have you two been an item?" asked Martha.

Clark grinned at Lois. "Oh, only about a day."

Lois met his grin and covered his hand with her own. "Of course, it feels like it's already been years."

It's also ineffably sad, at least to me.

They're stuck in a time loop as a couple, unable to move forward, unable to plan a life together, unable to build anything that will last. Maybe if they check those laboratories Clark keeps spotting they can break out. Maybe if they catch Mxyzptlk at the right time they can trick him into saying his name backward and break out. Maybe they'll be stuck here forever.

That's what makes me sad about it. Sure, they'll live forever, and they'll carry their memories into the next loop, but they'll never create anything of lasting value.

Here's an example from Stargate SG-1, when O'Neill and Teal'c were caught in a similar loop. At least they had some fun with it, in the same way that these two can prank Jimmy or Cat, but there's nothing permanent. As long as they're in the loop, they'll never wake up together, never break a big story after a long investigation, never build a home together, never have children - they'll never have a life.

I'm sure that my melancholy reaction was not what you were going for. Sorry if this brings anyone down. And I can't forget to write that this story is so very well done. You told us they've been in the loop for years without actually saying it. You showed us that they've adjusted to their situation mentally, at least to the point where they're not insane. I think I would be three fries short of a happy meal after a few dozen repeats of the same Monday.

Good story. Post more soon.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bek: Glad you enjoyed! smile

Terry: Thank you for sharing your insights, and you're absolutely right. That's why I made sure to mention the laboratory: the fact that there's hope for eventual escape keeps it from being too much of a downer.

I do figure, though, that Clark's powers give them an advantage for staying sane. While it's true they can't progress in time, they can at least explore the world. This planet surely has enough content on any given day to keep things new and fresh for a long time-loop.

I may revisit this, but no promises. smile I do have a couple of ideas for what to do with it, but muses are such fickle things!

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!
The alarm clock blared on Lois's nightstand. Monday again. She switched off the annoying contraption and set about starting her day.
Nothing ever happens on a Sunday that’s newsworthy on a Monday.

Clark stood smiling at her, a brown bag in his hand. "Brought you something this time."
Hmmm…new clothing?
LOIS: Seriously? That baggy’s just big enough to hold Cat’s underwear.

So, what should we do today?" Clark asked. "Work?" Lois shook her head, swallowing a bite of the sandwich. "Nah. I don't think I'm up for another meeting."
Okay, first the sandwich, now this about not working. What bizarro world is that?

"We could prank Jimmy?" Clark suggested. Another head-shake. "We should give him a break." "Prank Cat?"
Oh, the one with the fun house mirrors and twirly mustaches.

Lois mulled that over while chewing her sandwich. "Her reaction to finding out we're together is pretty hilarious,
Prank Lex!

Also, explains why Lois’s brain is wonky. Though why isn’t Clark spending the night?
LOIS: And wake me up five times before midnight when he gets called to help? No thank you.

Clark grinned at Lois. "Oh, only about a day."
/Squints/

Lois met his grin and covered his hand with her own. "Of course, it feels like it's already been years."
Huh.

They curled up together on Clark's couch, watching a rented movie. He looked up at the clock. "Almost that time, again."
Groundhog Day!

The laboratory ‘tomorrow’. All the repeats. You sneaky writer, you.

Do we have time to…?" She jerked her head towards his bedroom.
Ahhh, I get it!

Their lips met. She deepened the kiss, and for a brief moment lost all sense of time. ***** The alarm clock blared on Lois's nightstand. Monday again.
That was unexpected. And fun (duh).
Now we need a daily series of Mondays.

BTW, this is gold. Hmm... Marygold?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
*giggling at "Marygold"*

Thanks Darth! smile

~•~
1 member likes this: Darth Michael
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Maybe it's because I was around for the Discord convo, but by the end of the first scene I already had my suspicions, and "Tomorrow" just confirmed it. wink

I really like the way you handled it! How they decide to have fun with it while they try to find their way out. I suppose they weren't already together when they got stuck in the time loop. So much to explore!

Great job, thanks for sharing! love

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks Anna! <3 Glad you liked. smile

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm, this reads like Ground Hog Day, one of my husband's favorite films. Although its a lovely story I can't help hoping that Lois and Clark reach that laboratory with Bernie Klein eager and ready to set things right. After all, Lois and Clark remember everything so they can hang onto Bernie's research

Just a thought.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Awww. Sweet with a tinge of sadness. I love it!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard