#295264 02/13/23 05:04 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
A sweet, silly little thing! But OMG the feels when Clark is taking care of Ellie Bean! love

Ficlet is here.

Let me know what you think! What was your favorite line??

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
Awe. It took me a minute to realize he wasn't in on the secret. Free airliner and babysitter - I want to be in that club!

Maybe Mini Monday!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Awwwww, this was SO sweet grin
I bet finding Superman asleep holding a baby would have been a shock! Glad it was Jimmy who saw instead of Lois' mom or something, though that would be a very entertaining ficlet too!!!

*runs from bunny*

Anyway, really liked this!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I loved that Clark didn't even realize he was still in the suit. Such a sweet story. I have a thing for tired Clark.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
On her way out the door, Lois turned back for a moment. “Oh, almost forgot—Perry said he needs the follow-up on your shelter piece by morning. Bye! Love you!”

Earthsea! Those two are very busy indeed, top it all off with a sick infant and they are in over their heads! Why didn't they get Martha earlier? Surely she wouldn't mind spend a little time with her granddaughter, sick or well?

Clark watched as Jimmy edged his way quickly out the door, closing it very slowly and quietly behind him. Clark shook his head, far too tired to make heads or tails of Jimmy’s odd behavior.

It wasn’t long before he found himself drifting back to sleep.

Oh boy. Wait a second, did they give him a key?

But Superman did make it seem like this was a one-time deal.

One-time deal indeed! Thanks for the chuckle!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
*Giggles maddly* rotflol

This was wonderful! I love stories where Clark gets caught being Clark in the wrong outfit! laugh

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
but RL seemed to be against me.
Super tired?

So... now it’s Happy Monday,
/Points at Mary’s “One Day”/

helped me do way more troubleshooting/brainstorming about logistics than maybe was required for a fic this length,
It’s the same with Lois prepping a complicated meal, like toast with butter and a hardboiled egg.
Metropolis Fire Department: help

Being a new parent is exhausting—rewarding but exhausting—even when you have superpowers.
Now Clark has to take care of two girls who can’t survive without his constant attention.

He wouldn’t make it home any faster to Lois and the baby if he clipped the side of a building on the way
Actually, he might. Depends on just how much of the turn he’s able to shave off.

holding little six-month-old Ellie,
Cute, from his family name and Lois’s mother, too!
LOIS: yes, that’s what people are supposed to think.

Tylenol. You know, I’m still not entirely sure that works on her, but in any ca—
laugh

“Okay, right. Leaving,” she said, straightening and adjusting her suit coat and the shoulder strap of her briefcase. “I love you.”
No last minute check for baby residue?

“Oh, almost forgot—Perry said he needs the follow-up on your shelter piece by morning. Bye! Love you!”
laugh even more work!

Just like Lois, he hated seeing her sick and miserable, especially when there was nothing to be done but hold her.
Its funny how you can put ‘Lois’ in there in either position.

Though, there was something to be said for the feeling he got when she was snuggled and sleeping, warm against his chest.
This, too!

What should we do while Mommy is off intimidating allegedly corrupt politicians, huh?”
‘allegedly’?
LOIS: I don’t have proof yet. Perry’s a stickler for that sort of thing.

they’d failed to make a plan for if Ellie was ever sick for longer than a day or two at a time.
Did they already sweep for green dust in house?

And now here they were, on day five of Ellie Watch, and they were both exhausted.
RALPH: Lois was so much easier to be around before the baby. Now, you don’t even need to compliment her figure for her to take your head off.

Maybe they should think about bringing his mom up to Metropolis next time Ellie got sick, or if she didn’t feel better by morning.
Sounds like a plan!

but failing to grab hold of the spandex.
Jimmy’s coming by later! Clark might want to change before answering the door.

“Hey, Jimmy,” he said softly. “Oh!” Jimmy almost yelped, though he seemed to realize he was too loud and immediately lowered his voice. “
Jimmy has a key? So, he eyes Papa Supes and marvels at this unconventional family.

It’s okay, thanks, Jim,” Clark whispered back. “We’ve been looking forward to reviewing that research. Thank you!”
I think Jimmy might know …

he started backing his way up to the front door. “You’re, uh, welcome...I’ll see you...soon enough, I’m sure. Uh, bye!”
Okay, he knows now.

, “Did you get Superman to babysit again? That’s so cool that he does that for you! And I thi—”
Smooth, Jimmy. Real smooth. You did not check if Clark knows that Superman’s involved before spilling the beans.

“Huh?” Clark interrupted, confused and panicked for a second.
See? Clark doesn’t know that Superman is back in the picture with Lois.

“Sweet!” Jimmy said, grinning. “I wonder if I could get a free flight sometime.”
Yes, but carrying Jimmy and Date … not sure how romantic that is.

but it’s not like he’s an airline or a babysitter.”
LOIS: and yet Ellie is a product of the Mile-High club.

Another cute one! I really thought it would just be a sleep-deprived author. And then you put a baby in the mix, too! clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
This was so cute and fluffy! And Poor Jimmy, so close and still not getting it, LOL!

Lovely ficlet, good job! love

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I love this! It’s sweet and fluffy. It’s funny that Clark forgot he was in his Superman costume. I was hoping Jimmy would figure it out. I hope you decide to write more in this universe. It would be fun to see Jimmy’s reaction to figuring out that Clark is Superman or maybe Lois and Clark would tell him. Thanks!

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Aww. This was a cute little fic. I love that Jimmy was so flummoxed and Clark was too out of it to realize he was still in the suit.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard