Print Thread
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
[Linked Image]

Troubles at the Planet! People aren't being paid, advertisers are bailing, and there are rumours about layoffs and the newspaper going under. Lex, after proposing to Lois, buys the Planet to save it, though Clark is suspicious.

-Favourite scene
-Favourite quote
-Fanfic/media recommendations

Columnist
Columnist
Well, my favorite scene is the banner. When he comes out and tells her how he feels. It was, in my opinion, the beginning of them. Finally admitting to himself and to her that he is in love with her.

There are so many great fics that are based on this moment. Of course, now I can't recall the names, but I know I read some.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Stories:
First Comes Marriage by ML Thompson
The Ordinary Man by me (there’s also a gfic version)

Quotes:
LOIS: It’s not something you blurt out. It takes delicacy.
CLARK: Well, then you’re in trouble there.

PERRY: Did you or did you not just make that featherbrained, snot-nosed, pimply-faced, under-aged cow 'chip' my boss?

Mrs COX: It isn’t easy playing you.
LEX:Nonsene. I do it every day.

LOIS (to Superman): It doesn't matter. I know _you_. And I don't mean you the celebrity or you the 'superhero.' If you had _no_ powers, if you were just an ordinary man leading an ordinary life, I'd love you just the same.

CLARK: Okay. If that's what you want, then... fine. Get in bed with the devil

Favorite scene:
I guess it would be the Ordinary-Man scene because it spawns so many fics and motivations.

Details:
Lex proposes to Lois. She realizes just how deep the water is.
First appearance of Mrs Cox.
Daily Planet has money problems. Jimmy, Jack and many others are laid off.
Lois still has her dead plant with the Water Me sign
Lex buys the Planet.
Lois is aware that Clark thinks Lex is the root of all evil in Metropolis.
Lex appoints Chip Peterson, fresh out of Harvard Business School as Supervising Editor in Chief.
Lex is asserting influence on the editorial line of the Planet.
Daily Planet is 219 years old, established in 1775
Perry joined the Planet at age 17. Editor in Chief was Mr. Crabs. That was 33 years ago in 1961.
Lois tells Clark she doesn’t have feelings for him with so much conviction and regret for him, you really get that she’s genuine about her lack of romantic feelings.
Lex has a decoy.
The lead-lined robe comment makes its appearance.
Minute 36: Lois as a frontpage scrapbook. The story about Superman donating a lock of hair to a charity auction is in Lois’s scrapbook.
Lois takes her dead plant with her to her new office.
At Perry’s retirement party they’re in a middle Eastern restaurant with belly dancers. No one (well Clark and Lois) mention her Dance of the Seven Veils.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard