Print Thread
#293204 10/07/22 10:55 AM
B
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
B
Hey there,

so...I recently started to read Debbie STark's "Dawning" series, which, BTW, is highly recommendable, and wondered how many parts there were. The archive lists 12 parts but the Writers showcase interview implies there are far more, at least up to 21. I then tried to find the rest but couldn't locate them anywhere.

Ideas, anyone?

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
I’m not sure she ever joined this boards, but recently someone mentioned that she was active on the Zoomway boards as recently as last year! I did do a search on those boards…and came up with a similar post that someone made back in 2002! And Debby herself replied:

The original source all of Dawning is available from (since my free ftp site died) is me at dls@thuntek.net I can send emails or the faster attachments (word97 .doc format or .rtf). Ditto my alternative to the frog wedding and "My Journal". As writing the starting Dawning 23 and equivalent of yet another season (having written 22 large segments already)... currently it isn't real likely. The older I get, the younger L&C stay and it's hard for me to write about handsome, vivacious yuppies who lead far more interesting lives than I ever will... which isn't a "I'll never write about 'em again" but more a "I need a two-week (at least) vacation from work but I'm pretty much irreplaceable and I don't want the place to go under while I'm gone and we're in the middle of a big move and we have to convince the boss to hire a receptionist and..." Sigh! :roadkill: Now if I'd just write down the ideas I still get... blush

I looked at her boards profile there, and there’s an updated email address: DebbyAbqNM@gmail.com

You could try emailing her and asking! And letting her know that, if she’s so inclined, people still want to read it! And also, there is a chance that other folcs here might have the chapter files to share with you!

I remember LOVING this series back in the day when it was being distributed on the LISTSERV (because I’m an Old FoLC lol)

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

B
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
B
Thanks for the info, Sara.

I wrote Debby under that adress and while it seems to be still "active" (in the sense that I didn't got a failure message or anything), I also didn't get a reply. However, a FOLC on this boards contacted me via PM (thus I don't publish their name here), and offered me to sent the missing parts to an e-mail adress of mine...which they did then. So, I have them now.

PS: I have no idea what a "Listserv" is supposed to be...Is this an important educational gap here?

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Great! I’m glad you were able to get them! smile

And yeah… listserv is an older term, which means I’m “old”. lol It’s basically an email mailing list. Back in the day, you had to be signed up for the mailing list, and fanfic was distributed via the email list. Before the archive was even invented! You can read a brief thing of the history on this page from the archive.

Happy reading!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Ummm. I'm interested in the complete series, too. I've been thoroughly enjoying the series and 12 is not enough! Please PM if you can feed the addiction!

"Thanks" to the best bunch in fandom!

Shallowford
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Several folcs have responded and I have the full series now. Thanks for the help. As I said, the best bunch in fandom.

I'll try to follow up with Debby about getting them posted to the Archive.

Last edited by Shallowford; 01/29/23 10:59 PM.

Shallowford

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard