Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hooray! My muse woke up! Just in time to make me write this with a head cold.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
This was hilarious!! Red Kryptonite for the win!
I do feel sorry for Zara and Ching though. They might be stuck in a limbo relationship forever....

Anyway, hope your head cold goes away quickly.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Brava! clap Most excellent! I kept wondering where/when you were going to drop us, and this was just perfect! 10/10, no notes.

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Blueowl
This was hilarious!! Red Kryptonite for the win!
I do feel sorry for Zara and Ching though. They might be stuck in a limbo relationship forever....

Anyway, hope your head cold goes away quickly.

Thank you! I wasn't happy that I couldn't neatly ensure that Zara and Ching would get their happy ending, but the opportunity to mess with them by having them find UltraWoman was too good to pass up! Haha! Thanks for reading!

(Head cold is slowly dissipating, I think. I can breathe through one whole nostril at the moment.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Brava! clap Most excellent! I kept wondering where/when you were going to drop us, and this was just perfect! 10/10, no notes.

Thanks, Queenie! Feels good to get a fic out finally! smile Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay for the muse! This was just priceless. I love the scene where a Clark needs rescuing in Ultrawoman. I think Zara and Ching arrived just in the right moment, at least from Lois' and Clark's POV. Well done and welcome back. I missed your stories

Last edited by bakasi; 01/10/23 11:03 AM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Oh wow that was brilliant!! What an idea! clap I’m so happy your muse woke up! I’ve been scrambling to finish my Christmas ficathon story (since it was due last Friday peep), and I was checking the boards for…some reason I’ve now forgotten when I saw this sitting here. And it’s just a one shot, so easy to just sneak in and read when I’m supposed to be writing! smile1

I loved having this from Ching’s POV! You actually get to feel fully sorry for him. We all have really strong feelings against him and Zara, but sometimes you can’t help but feel a little bad for them, right? Given that and the title, I was totally expecting them to find like a happily married with kids L&C and they’d decide that they should leave them be…

BUT omg! lol THIS WAS SO MUCH BETTER!! I love it!!! clap

Hopefully your muse has more in store for us! I know many people, myself included, have missed your writing!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!
“Earth,” he said, by way of a reply. “Earth,” Zara repeated
AKA the sweaty armpit of the galaxy.

Ching forced himself to say, swallowing back his own regret at finding this accursed hunk of space rock.
He could have had Mercury blown up and told Zara that the third planet’s an inhabitable wasteland.

At least then Zara might find some small measure of happiness in her arranged marriage.
Unless he hides a psychotic streak or violent temper tantrums and jealous rage underneath his peasant (sic) countenance.

Better to get this over with as quickly as possible, for his own heart’s sake.
/Visualizes heart scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom/

[he calls himself ‘Superman’]

A humble one, he thought with disgust.
It’s the word they use for the position after they have merged Chief of the Elder and First Lord of Earth.

He cleared his throat and gestured to the others floating around them on the bridge. “The same powers we have gained since entering this solar system.”
One, they really should think about their radiation shielding. Otherwise this could be the last generation. And two, I suddenly have the image of a wildly bobbing about bridge crew, like a bunch of half -filled helium balloons floating in the airconditioned breeze.

Better him than Nor, he reminded himself. Anyone would be better than Nor.
Hey, maybe it’s Season One and Lex is still available. He would surely be amiable to marry/control a Kryptonian princess.

Remote probes scanned the planet’s surface, giving them glimpses of blue skies, green trees, clear streams, and strange wildlife.
Maybe they should simply move in?

These Earthlings are killing their planet, he mused disdainfully. Do they not realize it?
DS9 has something to say here:
Smoking
and
Poisoning

His arms were bound behind his back and he was breathing hard, clearly winded.
Gah, when is that?

Before she could finish her thought, the microphone on the probe picked up the sound of a whoosh! and a woman in a skintight jumpsuit with a cape appeared in the frame from seemingly nowhere. Kal-El’s face lit up.
evil
Maybe Zara should not tell the superpowered brown-belt that she has designs on her boyfriend.

They watched as the woman became agitated and smashed a work bench. A piece of metal – a bolt, Ching thought – flew into the air and struck Kal-El, making him bleed.
Is that from the show? Will Lois now break up with him for his own good?

We know there are places where it is possible to slip into a parallel plane of existence.
Through a mirror, darkly.

“That’s true enough. It might explain why we’ve never succeeded in finding Kal-El’s cousin, Kara, either, despite knowing her parents’ intentions to send her to safety as well.”
They never bothered to check the Phantom Zone?

Try them,” Trey commanded. “We must find the right Kal-El before Nor can claim Lady Zara’s hand.
Will they find Alt-Clark?

. He would let the look-alike Earthling have his happiness with UltraWoman, even if he, Ching, would never share that fate.
Couldn’t Ching dress up as Superman and claim the Lady Zara?

That was a cute untwist. And they were off by just a few months, too. I guess the only worse time would be if they had arrived when Clark was stuck in the time bubble and Alt-Clark not yet here devil

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by bakasi
Yay for the muse! This was just priceless. I love the scene where a Clark needs rescuing in Ultrawoman. I think Zara and Ching arrived just in the right moment, at least from Lois' and Clark's POV. Well done and welcome back. I missed your stories

That part is one of my favorite parts of the episode too.

Lois and Clark totally dodged a bullet here, huh?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
Oh wow that was brilliant!! What an idea! clap I’m so happy your muse woke up! I’ve been scrambling to finish my Christmas ficathon story (since it was due last Friday peep), and I was checking the boards for…some reason I’ve now forgotten when I saw this sitting here. And it’s just a one shot, so easy to just sneak in and read when I’m supposed to be writing! smile1

I loved having this from Ching’s POV! You actually get to feel fully sorry for him. We all have really strong feelings against him and Zara, but sometimes you can’t help but feel a little bad for them, right? Given that and the title, I was totally expecting them to find like a happily married with kids L&C and they’d decide that they should leave them be…

BUT omg! lol THIS WAS SO MUCH BETTER!! I love it!!! clap

Hopefully your muse has more in store for us! I know many people, myself included, have missed your writing!

Sara smile

Thanks, Sara! It feels good to be writing again. Still toying with a different episode for Zara and Ching to wander into. Glad you liked this one! (I actually really love the NK arc - not because of the heartache of Clark leaving (boo!) but because I've always loved the idea of having other Kryptonians around (there's a reason I like Superman II better than the Superman movie, hahaha), and Zara and Ching only bug me in the first half of the arc.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Michael!

AKA the sweaty armpit of the galaxy.

Especially in the last decade or so.

He could have had Mercury blown up and told Zara that the third planet’s an inhabitable wasteland.

Marvin the Martain humbly requests that if we're blowing up Mercury, that we can also do it to Earth, because it blocks his view of Venus.

Unless he hides a psychotic streak or violent temper tantrums and jealous rage underneath his peasant (sic) countenance.

Eternally optimistic. rotflol

And two, I suddenly have the image of a wildly bobbing about bridge crew, like a bunch of half -filled helium balloons floating in the airconditioned breeze.

Yesssssss!

Through a mirror, darkly.

evil

Couldn’t Ching dress up as Superman and claim the Lady Zara?

Kinky. evil

That was a cute untwist. And they were off by just a few months, too. I guess the only worse time would be if they had arrived when Clark was stuck in the time bubble and Alt-Clark not yet here

Thanks, it was super fun to write! (pun intended) Also, I love the idea of a Clarkless Earth for them to arrive in. Or even when Lois and Clark are busy playing Quantum Leap instead of honeymoon Hijinx.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!
Marvin the Martain humbly requests that if we're blowing up Mercury, that we can also do it to Earth, because it blocks his view of Venus.
Stupid neighbors and their overgrown bushes, too high fences, and general out of control trees.

Eternally optimistic.
[Linked Image]

Kinky. evil
devil

Thanks, it was super fun to write! (pun intended) Also, I love the idea of a Clarkless Earth for them to arrive in.
smile1 laugh

Or even when Lois and Clark are busy playing Quantum Leap instead of honeymoon Hijinx.
Hmm…Didn’t they just leave for a moment or so?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Stupid neighbors and their overgrown bushes, too high fences, and general out of control trees.

rotflol

Hmm…Didn’t they just leave for a moment or so?

Lois: "It was long enough!!!"

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hee I really liked this one! Perfect timing, indeed!!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Anna B. the Greek
Hee I really liked this one! Perfect timing, indeed!!

Thanks, Anna! Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
What a neat twist on events! Glad your muse shared it with us.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Toomi8
What a neat twist on events! Glad your muse shared it with us.

Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard