K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Story here!

Another Hannah story! Let me know what you think!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
rotflol typical child acting completely tuned out of a conversation, but in actuality they are paying attention.

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 01/20/23 06:10 PM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Columnist
Columnist
They only hear what they want to hear! Even when they don't have Superman as a daddy! I wonder why you wrote this, something happen to make you think about a child not sleeping on a road trip? lol Love it, by the way!

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
It's adorable, of course! I do love how you describe the hopefulness Clark has smile

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Lovely. thumbsup clap

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
I have A LOT of favorite lines in this one, as you know!!! grin

LOVE this:

Originally Posted by KSaraSara
Lois took her eyes off the road for a full second to glare at her husband. “Really? You’re going to edit my copy right now?”

And this:

“That maybe...there are certain types of people...” Lois indicated toward the back seat behind her with her eyes. “...who...don’t...needasmuchsleepashumansdo?” she mumbled under her breath.

Clark opened his mouth and shut it again. Then finally, he mumbled back, “She’s too young...I mean...she’s only...half-you-know-what...and...I was...10 before I started...getting things...”

And THIS!! (especially this!):

“Do you think?” he asked, this time sounding some yearning kind of hopeful.

Love how you painted the picture of Clark being so hopeful, wishing, wanting his daughter to share some of his uniqueness. Awwwwww!!! love

And of course, little Hannah, completely innocent in the backseat.... LOVE HER! smile1

So glad you wrote this one!! Happy Friday!

-Bek
hyper

Features Writer
Features Writer
The ending rotflol
Selective Hearing. All children have it.

I do often wonder when canon Clark would tell his children. I suppose it would depend on a few things, but I'd like to think he wouldn't wait for them to graduate from high school goofy

Anyway, thanks for this little fic ^_^

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

Lois and Clark are on a family road trip with their 7-year-old daughter Hannah, and they are positively baffled how she’s been awake so long. Another in the series of Sweet Kid Stories.
So good to see another one of those!

Why isn’t she asleep yet?” Lois hissed at Clark under her breath after checking on Hannah in the rearview mirror for the hundredth time this road trip.
Waiting for Clark to be able and fly them home instead of driving?
See here: Love and Capes – In the Time of Covid, Page 49

“Nine hours. Plus she went to bed late last night,” he said, still whispering.
Too much sun, huh? Need to start lathering her up good and well.

“Honey, she was babbling so much she might as well have been the Falls.”
Aww, what you get when crossing the little babbling brook with a solar battery.

Oh, like you’ve never babbled!” she whisper-yelled at him
There so cute!

The point is that she’s only had like 5 hours of sleep in the past 28 hours! That’s not enough for a 7-year-old.”
Clark: You think? Five whole hours? We need to see the Doc about this. I only needed four at that age. Hope she’s not sick or something…

hate how she gets laser focused on that thing,” Lois said, her voice still quiet.
Remembering how she got VD'd by Jaxon?

We could take it away?” he suggested again. “No!” she hissed again. “There’s NO way I’m playing another hour of I-Spy. Nope. Let her have the GameBoy.”
laugh

It’s not that...it’s that I was hoping to...discuss grownup things.” Lois frowned.
She got the Kamasutra, Y2K Edition.

Lois gasped quietly. “You don’t think that’s it, Clark, do you??”
See?

But it was another thing altogether to think that there might be some Kryptonian physiology at play when it came to Hannah’s seemingly superhuman ability to stay awake for far too long.
She’ll be so good during tests, able to collate all her classmates’ knowledge in her test.

Why are we whispering, Clark?” Lois pointed out. “She has headphones on...”
/Cocks eyebrow/

Her heart swelled, and she couldn’t help but look back again in the rearview mirror at their daughter, still wearing her headphones and bopping her head along to whatever music her game was playing. “Do you think it’s time to tell her?” Clark asked aloud. “Tell me what?”
Oh this is evil. Also, trying to remember if it was Nan's Dagger series where the girls got their powers a bit sooner due to different maturing rates.

Another fine entry!

wave Michael

PS: Yes, I saw the copy-editing and grinned.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard