Print Thread
#294540 12/26/22 03:53 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Savior (13-15)

Yay! That's all, folks! dance

Let me know what you think! smile1

I appreciate everyone reading this far, and I really, really appreciate all the thoughtful comments along the way.

-Bek
hyper

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, now I understand why you needed the warehouse scene. It makes a lot of sense.

clap

Very unique approach to handling Nightfall. I wonder what the world thinks and if any of the scientists saw what happened to it. . . .

And yay, Clark has a job ^_^ He's come a long way in less than a year! Something only a superman could do with an amazing woman.

party

I really enjoyed this fic hyper Very enjoyable read and a good Christmas gift grin

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for an amazing fic. Ever since I saw the solar flare on Superman and Lois and bought the comic that introduced the concept of Superman using his heat vision as such a force, I've been thinking about using heat vision to destroy Nightfall. So thank you for doing that (kind of, anyway) I like your version.

Such a great Christmas present.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Wow, now I understand why you needed the warehouse scene. It makes a lot of sense.

clap[quote]

The darned warehouse... Ahhh, poor Clark whinging But the warehouse led to the emergence of his heat vision, which then enabled him to handle Nightfall without having to resort to plan 3... And ultimately helped him also to know he could control his powers and use them -- even the scariest of them, i.e., this heat vision -- in a way that was life-giving (saving the world) rather than harmful; this helped him to break free of the hold Trask still had on him. So yeah... the darned warehouse... whinging

[quote=Blueowl]Very unique approach to handling Nightfall. I wonder what the world thinks and if any of the scientists saw what happened to it. . . .

Thank you!! It was a fun challenge to try to figure out what to do in a world that didn't have Superman to "call upon" for Nightfall... And having Clark overhear the conversation of the scientists, admitting that their plan to save the world was likely going to fail... Clark's strength might have been enough to slow the asteroid and get it turned back around, if he'd had some sort of way to know whether he was affecting it. But since he was up there all alone and had no way of knowing if he was slowing the asteroid with his efforts, he had to think quickly and come up with a new plan.

I'm glad you liked this approach!!

My guess is that the scientists were monitoring as the asteroid appeared to break apart. But they wouldn't have seen a person flying up in space, cutting it up. And they surely would have no way to explain how the pieces of the broken up asteroid would begin to fly back in the opposite direction... Perhaps this should be explored further... wink

Originally Posted by Blueowl
And yay, Clark has a job ^_^ He's come a long way in less than a year! Something only a superman could do with an amazing woman.

party

I really enjoyed this fic hyper Very enjoyable read and a good Christmas gift grin

Lois + Clark = unstoppable, in any iteration!! love

Thank you so much for reading!! I am really glad I was able to finish it before the end of the year, since I have several other WIPs I'm also working on smile1

Originally Posted by bakasi
Thanks for an amazing fic. Ever since I saw the solar flare on Superman and Lois and bought the comic that introduced the concept of Superman using his heat vision as such a force, I've been thinking about using heat vision to destroy Nightfall. So thank you for doing that (kind of, anyway) I like your version.

Such a great Christmas present.

I LOVE exploring new ways for Superman to exploit his powers, and I'm glad you liked how I did this here too grin In other versions of Superman, his heat vision has often been depicted as being insanely powerful, and so I guess I did tap into that a bit here wink

I had fun with working out this alternative way for him to manage Nightfall, cuz I think it would have been really terrible for him to try to bash into it like they did in the show.... That was his "plan 3", but really glad that he didn't have to resort to that. hehe

Thank you again for reading and for the wonderful comments hyper

-Bek

Columnist
Columnist
I finished it. I know I didn't read it when you were posting it, but I loved it. I thought oh no another AU, but you make the characters come alive and I still see the parts that I love about Lois & Clark. This was fantastic. The part where they are sitting on the couch together watching the rocket fail, the rescue of Clark, and the end of them cooking breakfast. Wonderful.

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I finished it. I know I didn't read it when you were posting it, but I loved it. I thought oh no another AU, but you make the characters come alive and I still see the parts that I love about Lois & Clark. This was fantastic. The part where they are sitting on the couch together watching the rocket fail, the rescue of Clark, and the end of them cooking breakfast. Wonderful.

I really do like my AUs! lol. Thank you for reading!!! And I'm so glad you loved it!

Each of the scenes you pointed out, I loved writing them!! I think especially the breakfast at the end!! love

Thank you again!!

-Bek

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I read the entire story on Monday and I think it’s fantastic! Wow! Great job! I admit that I cheated and read the ending first because I knew this was going to be very emotional and I needed happiness first. Even knowing the ending, I cried for Clark several times. What happened to Clark is heartbreaking and gut wrenching. Trask is despicable.

I loved your solution to Nightfall. The series should have done this but if they had, they wouldn’t have had their amnesia story. This makes so much more sense. Well done!

Thanks to Lois, Clark has come a long ways since Lois rescued him. They both deserve much happiness together. The ending was very touching.

Thanks again for a terrific fic! Even though I cried, I love it!

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Songbird
I read the entire story on Monday and I think it’s fantastic! Wow! Great job! I admit that I cheated and read the ending first because I knew this was going to be very emotional and I needed happiness first. Even knowing the ending, I cried for Clark several times. What happened to Clark is heartbreaking and gut wrenching. Trask is despicable.

Yay!! Thank you SO much for reading it!!

I don't blame you for wanting to know everything turned out okay before you started. It was a rough road for him. mecry

I loved your solution to Nightfall. The series should have done this but if they had, they wouldn’t have had their amnesia story. This makes so much more sense. Well done!

Thank you!! The way they had Superman handle Nightfall on the show always seemed so...wrong to me! I'm glad I had a chance to rewrite that in this story. Clark had been through enough and was super enough to come up with a solution that worked! And helped to heal him, emotionally, as well.

Thanks to Lois, Clark has come a long ways since Lois rescued him. They both deserve much happiness together. The ending was very touching.

Lois was SO good to him. I love the final chapter too. love

Thanks again for a terrific fic! Even though I cried, I love it!

Thank you!! It seems that this one made a lot of people cry. mecry I loved being able to show the hope projected at the end of the story, and I'm so glad Clark is in a good place, and with Lois, and happy. smile1

I really appreciate the comments, and thank you again for reading!!

-Bek
hyper

R
Ray Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
R
I just finished the story today and I also want to congratulate you on a well-written story with a lot of character twists along with some very familiar ones. Lois was great, and very inventive, throughout the story. From her being able to even find Clark where Trask had kept him to using cell phone data to track him down later. I liked that she also had such a positive reaction to Clark from the beginning which only grew stronger as the story progressed. How he developed his powers was a nice change of pace and very inventive, as was the Nightfall resolution. Too bad our Clark listened to EPRAD about crashing into it. Though I do disagree about Plan 2. I think pushing it out of Earth's orbit would work as well but yours was certainly novel.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write and share it with me and the board.
Ray

Ray #294990 01/17/23 06:08 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Ray
I just finished the story today and I also want to congratulate you on a well-written story with a lot of character twists along with some very familiar ones. Lois was great, and very inventive, throughout the story. From her being able to even find Clark where Trask had kept him to using cell phone data to track him down later. I liked that she also had such a positive reaction to Clark from the beginning which only grew stronger as the story progressed. How he developed his powers was a nice change of pace and very inventive, as was the Nightfall resolution. Too bad our Clark listened to EPRAD about crashing into it. Though I do disagree about Plan 2. I think pushing it out of Earth's orbit would work as well but yours was certainly novel.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write and share it with me and the board.
Ray

Hi Ray!

Thank you for taking the time to read it! I love this story, and I'm glad you enjoyed it as well! clap

Lois was interesting to write here because she was really affected by his rescue and played such a big role in his recovery! love

I did always wish they'd done something different with Nightfall in the show (but I also enjoyed the amnesia storyline, so...). It just seemed like SUCH a bad idea for him to hit it head on, full speed. In this story, he didn't have EPRAD telling him what to do, so that was his last resort. And he just ended up not being strong enough (yet) for plan 1, decided plan 2 wouldn't be a good idea, and thankfully didn't have to try "plan 3" since he decided upon his ultimate solution of cutting it up into chunks with his heat vision. And in doing that, he also learned how he could use his heat vision for good and saw that his powers didn't have to turn him into the "threat to all of humanity" that Trask had predicted.

Writing his first flight was SO fun (and so nice to give him a moment of pure happiness!). I love to write scenes showing his powers emerging (which I've done a few times now in a few different stories, some that haven't been shared yet! eek)

Anyways -- thank you again for reading and for the feedback! I'm happy to be here and happy that I've (mostly) gotten over my fear of sharing my writing. I'm still a WIP though lol

-Bek
hyper

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard