Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
TOC is here.

Chapter 3

I’m excited to find out (and so is Bek!)—were you right in your guess as to why Lois was upset??? goofy

Stay tuned for the epilogue…whenever I manage to finish it! lol

Thanks for reading and commenting!! love

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
“Lois...” he said, his voice gruff and thick with emotion. “I need to tell you...”

She shook her head, but she couldn’t get the words out past the lump in her throat. Instead, she closed the distance between them and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him fiercely, tightly because she didn’t want to let him go ever again. He buried his face in her neck and held her, his strong arms unyielding with their desperate comfort and regret.

“I choose you,” she whispered in his ear. “Both of you.” Lois felt him tense in her arms for just a moment, so she held tighter. “All of you,” she promised.

He let out a shuddering breath, and she felt the tension drain from him, his body relaxing but at the same time, his arms tightening more around her. “Thank you,” he breathed against her neck.

The hug seemed to last forever, but it was the most comfortable forever. Warmest. Safest. And she was sure she could feel his love for her within his embrace, but the scared and unsure part of her—the one that found it hard to trust, to let go—needed to hear it.

Finally, she loosened her arms and he did too, her hands coming to rest on his chest. And though she didn’t expect it, her heart leapt at the fact that he didn’t fully let go—he let his hands slide down to the small of her back, holding her closely, though they’d both pulled back just enough that she could see his face.

The look on his face took her breath away—she could see it now clearly, the love that he’d hidden away for months and months, yet his eyes still seemed to hold a hint of apprehension. It was as though she could feel his heart, his hope held suspended on the precipice...waiting to fall for her a second time if that’s what she wanted.

And she wanted it, oh so desperately.

love love love love love love love

I wanted to pick out my favorite one line from this chapter, but I couldn't because.... ALL OF THIS. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this whole part here. It is just...sooo good!! Especially <<...his hope held suspended on the precipice...waiting to fall for her a second time if that's what she wanted.>>

I loved how this whole thing played out. Thank you for this wonderful story, Sara!

Looking forward to the epilogue in 3...2...1...
goofy

-Bek
hyper

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Thank you!! I had no idea what to expect from part three, but I’m very happy with how it came out!! love

And ha! You know I love that line too because it’s from Fall Into Me by Forrest Blakk! GAHH such a good song!

Epilogue coming shortly…

Sara smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Squeeeeeee!!! sloppy love

So awesomely fluffy!!

I loved how she thought through it all, and their tenderness toward each other ^_^

Can't wait forvthe epilogue laugh

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
So refreshing to see a Lois who feels she can trust Clark! I think that's a good point for a revelation - they're close enough that she can trust him, but they haven't entered relationship territory so she has no reason to get hurt over him not having told her yet. Very clever!

She nodded, not entirely sure how she was feeling either. Superman was making her tea. In her kitchen. Her partner, her best friend, and her hero...just standing there sexily, leaning against the counter, all forearms and charm, making tea for her.

All forearms and charm GAAAAAH SARA I LOVE THIS~

“I’m not sure...What are you trying to get at, Lois? I’m confused.” He ran a hand through his hair and blew out a breath.

Perfect description of Clark there, I just pictured him!

“I need to know if you still want to make me dinner!”

LOL!

“It is,” she insisted. “I just...I need to know if you’re going to make me dinner.”

“I’ll make you dinner whenever you want,” he said without hesitation, his voice soft and just a little thready, and the sound of it made her breath hitch.

Food is a love language. Well done, Clark. *nods sagely*

It's so good to see him relax after her revelation!

And a kiss!! YAY!!!

“You’re Superman...” It wasn’t quite a question, but not quite a statement.

I really like this!

Love the last line too! And now I'm off to read the epilogue!!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Thanks, Blueowl and Anna!!

And EEEE! Thanks for pointing out that line! I love it too! And initially, it was just me complaining to Bek that Lois wouldn’t talk because he was standing there all sexily…well, basically that whole line! And then I was unstuck. lol

Sara smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
Lois kept stealing glances at Clark as they walked, which was probably only worrying him more.
Like the antelope when it is stalked by a lioness?

Lots of things were making sense now. A lot more sense.
She knows?

That Superman had avoided her all summer...why it had felt like he didn’t trust her...
She knows.

hadn’t said a word or otherwise pressured her into talking yet even though he had no idea what was wrong
Good manners. You never speak first to the Queen. You wait until she addresses you.
CLARK /shaking some water from his ear/: Undresses me?

taking her at her word that she needed to leave the carnival and talk—no questions, just concern and support.
Unless he's already in Lane-revelation protocol, choosing which island would be suited best this time of year.

She touched him all the time—a hand on the chest to emphasize her point, a swat on his arm to mock-scold his teasing; and he always touched her too—a hand on her shoulder as he edited her copy, his hand on the small of her back as they entered or left a room. But holding hands?
So, it’s like they could be having sex as colleagues but no kissing on the mouth.

wondering what on earth she was going to say to him once they were behind closed doors.
Him on one side. Her on the other.

half scared that he’d fly off without another word.
laugh she’s good so long as she keeps the kryptonite pocketed.

She kept watch on him out of the corner of her eye while she unlocked each of the deadbolts. He wouldn’t fly off, right? This was Clark. Clark wouldn’t do that.
Unless there’s an emergency book return. Or she slams the door in his face.

But Superman had. Oh god, how was he still here? All summer…how had he managed to still be her friend after what she’d said, after she’d broken his heart so much worse than she’d even realized?
One could suggest that it was the peek behind the seven veils all those months ago.

The last of the locks unlocked, she opened the door and went inside without checking behind her because...she both wondered if and knew for certain that he’d follow her.
Good boy. Who’s a good boy. Yes. /pushes Lois into his arms/ Here’s a treat.

When she heard the sound of Clark reengaging all the locks behind her, she let out a breath she hadn’t realized she’d been holding. He’d stayed. Of course he’d stayed. He would always stay, right?
CLARK: /tips head to the side while looking at Lois/

Her heart was in her throat as she blurted out, “I’m sorry!” His expression softened more, somehow, and he stepped toward her. “It’s okay, Lois. We didn’t have to stay at the carnival. I’m not mad.”
laugh

“I’m going to go change my shirt,” she said, turning away from him, retreating to the relative safety of her bedroom. She closed the door and rested her forehead against the cooler wood. What was she doing?
Putting a door between them after enticing him. It’s S.O.P.

How could he when he hadn’t told her the single biggest thing about himself?
That he’s adopted?
LOIS: jawdrop
Or a v…very patient man?
LOIS: shock squeak?
Or in love with her?
LOIS: thud
Great. Now we broke her…

she knew she wasn’t fully to blame for that. No, she’d somehow fallen in love with two men who were one and the same.
Well, to be fair, one was a flake and the other a Ken doll. Not *exactly* the same.

Of course, it made perfect sense now how that had happened—but how was she supposed to have known?
Hmmm….
LOIS: What? He didn’t even take off his glasses with me!

How, as someone who felt so strongly about being monogamous, was she supposed to reconcile the fact that she felt she truly loved two men at once?
That’s a new twist!
Dr. FRISKIN: And how did that make you feel?
CAT: I could help with that!

pick a fight to deflect and distance them both from her own culpability...the fact of the matter was that they had both hurt each other.
Also: wet, half-naked super-clark body in reach. Is picking a fight really the most important next step?

Her heart wouldn’t be able to take it if he flew out her window like that a second time.
Yes, but this time she knows where to catch up with him.

Next to him, the kettle was on the stove, and she could hear the water roiling as it got closer to its boiling point.
Ooooh, just like Lois!

Just like he was going to make her dinner. She frowned—make that had been going to.
Exactly. Forfeiture. She’s ordering in.

She wasn’t one to throw caution to the wind when it came to her personal life, not anymore.
Which is why she’s wearing a shirt and undergarments instead of a translucent silk robe.

But she had no idea if he was being Patient Friend Clark or...or if he still...cared about her—loved her, like he’d told her that day in the park.
CLARK: I once volunteered in the Cambodia mine fields. You learn patience, disarming land mines.

She finally looked up at him and said the first thing that came to mind. “Were you going to cheat?”
CLARK: shock I never even looked at Toni, Cat, Toni, Rachel, Lana, Linda, Lana, uh… I never even looked at any of them, I swear!

“What would have happened if there was a tie?”
First: dinner at his place.
Then: dinner at her place.
Finally: dinner out, dessert in.

I need to know if you still want to make me dinner!” she blurted out.
laugh

“This isn’t about dinner...” She nodded vigorously,
Aaawwwww. …

“I’ll make you dinner whenever you want,” he said without hesitation,
LOIS: Great. My lease is expiring and I need to move. You have room and board. It’s perfect for my needs.
CLARK: I only have one bed…
LOIS: See! You have to try and ruin it again.

“I’m no good at relationships, Clark. I ruin them.
That’s true. Just look what she did to that darling fiancé of hers.

“I was so conflicted, more than conflicted, Clark...I loved you—love you. And I love Superman. How was I supposed to know? What was I supposed to do?”
We’re back to the suggestion from part one. She could have invited them to dinner and told them that she knows about how they live together and wants to join them.

“Lois...” he said, his voice gruff and thick with emotion. “I need to tell you...”
“…Superman can’t date. It’s too dangerous.”

“I choose you,” she whispered in his ear. “Both of you.” Lois felt him tense in her arms for just a moment, so she held tighter. “All of you,” she promised.
CLARK: I’m confused. You want to be with both me and Kal?

And she was sure she could feel his love for her within his embrace,
/snickers/

but the scared and unsure part of her—the one that found it hard to trust, to let go—needed to hear it.
KAL: Yes, I want you as my concubine, too.

But today...maybe today you could just hold me and don’t let me go?”
/cocks eyebrow/

The End (stay tuned for the epilogue…)
There’s an epilogue, too? /Heads over yonder/ huh. Nope. /Heads back/ oh, you mean the one where he breaks up with her for her own good.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard