Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
My first time posting an unfinished work in… a very long time! peep

Chapter 1 is here.

I’m hoping to get this finished in the next day or two…so assuming all goes well, it should be all posted by the end of the week?

Let me know what you think!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Awwwww. Loved every bit of this. And I really liked how she opened up to him and how this was his first time on a ferris wheel.

Can't wait for more!!!

*gives your muse a cookie*

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
You posted!! Go, you!! I'm sure it will boost your confidence and kick your Muse into gear! Personally, I can't wait to read more!!

A miniscule, petty part of her hoped he felt as uncomfortable as he looked.

Bwahaha I love this for some reason. xD

because she’d suffocated it into nonexistence.

Great line!! I love this whole part about Lois hoping Clark is only hiding his feelings from her! And her introspection about how she'd reacted towards his confession, excellent job!

Irritation flickered through her and rose to the surface at the sight of the sheepish grin on his face that he so often paired with his trademark lame excuses. She managed to bite back the urge to gripe at him.

Aw, come on, this one was at least a reasonable one!!

Love her thoughts about jealousy!

“What? You don’t think I’m a team player?” she huffed, mostly for show.

“Not historically, no.”

lol

I love Clark trying to be casual and cool towards her! I mean, it's obviously frustrating for her, but it's excellent characterization!

But right now, they were hip to hip, and she was desperately wishing that she was wearing the linen shorts so she could feel what it was like to have his bare knee brushing against hers. Stupid jeans.

Stupid jeans indeed!!

Their ride on the Ferris Wheel is so well done, with all the feelings and the conversation and the contact! The holding hands!!

Great job, Sara!! sloppy Beautiful writing and a great premise! Will be looking forward to the next part!!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahhhh, loving this so far!!!! ^.^ I really hope there's more soon, because you can't just leave these two crazy kids in limbo! :3

~•~
Columnist
Columnist
Thank you for posting before you are done with the entire thing. All of us appreciate it! Loving this so far. I love the babbling and how she keeps going on even after he keeps calling her name.

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Awwwww. Loved every bit of this. And I really liked how she opened up to him and how this was his first time on a ferris wheel.

Can't wait for more!!!

*gives your muse a cookie*

Yes! After all summer of kinda avoiding the big subject, they really have to talk about things! And wheee!!! Mel loves cookies AND feedback!!

Sara smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by Anna B. the Greek
You posted!! Go, you!! I'm sure it will boost your confidence and kick your Muse into gear! Personally, I can't wait to read more!!

A miniscule, petty part of her hoped he felt as uncomfortable as he looked.

Bwahaha I love this for some reason. xD

HA!! Yes! I really loved that line!

because she’d suffocated it into nonexistence.

Great line!! I love this whole part about Lois hoping Clark is only hiding his feelings from her! And her introspection about how she'd reacted towards his confession, excellent job!

OOH I loved this line too, so thanks for pointing it out! And yeah, she’s definitely got a lot of feelings going on.

Irritation flickered through her and rose to the surface at the sight of the sheepish grin on his face that he so often paired with his trademark lame excuses. She managed to bite back the urge to gripe at him.

Aw, come on, this one was at least a reasonable one!!

Love her thoughts about jealousy!

Haha, it *is* but she’s all emotional. grin And those jealousy thoughts are inspired by Sara. lol

“What? You don’t think I’m a team player?” she huffed, mostly for show.

“Not historically, no.”

lol

I love Clark trying to be casual and cool towards her! I mean, it's obviously frustrating for her, but it's excellent characterization!

Awww thank you!!

But right now, they were hip to hip, and she was desperately wishing that she was wearing the linen shorts so she could feel what it was like to have his bare knee brushing against hers. Stupid jeans.

Stupid jeans indeed!!

Their ride on the Ferris Wheel is so well done, with all the feelings and the conversation and the contact! The holding hands!!

Great job, Sara!! sloppy Beautiful writing and a great premise! Will be looking forward to the next part!!

Eeee!! Thank you! I really loved this Ferris wheel part, and it was so unexpected too… I was just trying to kill time before the dunk tank…the whole plan was to get them to the dunk tank… but then this wonderfulness comes out!

Sara smile

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Ahhhh, loving this so far!!!! ^.^ I really hope there's more soon, because you can't just leave these two crazy kids in limbo! :3

Yay!!! I’m so glad you’re enjoying! And yeah…these crazy kids… lol

Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Thank you for posting before you are done with the entire thing. All of us appreciate it! Loving this so far. I love the babbling and how she keeps going on even after he keeps calling her name.

It’s a little nerve wracking, to be sure! But the feedback while writing is ALWAYS motivating! lol And thanks! Those babbling parts are a little hard to get right sometimes!

Thanks for the awesome feedback, everyone! Chapter 2 coming shortly!

Sara smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
Lois is struggling with her feelings for two men, both of whom have said quite plainly that they don’t want a relationship with her.
Perry and Henderson? peep

What is she supposed to do when her heart just won’t let go?
Maybe all Clark needs is Superman in the relationship, too. Make them a happy thruple with Superman as the unicorn.

expect 3-4 chapters total, and it’s currently either 2/3 or 2.5/4 done (L&C and my muse are in charge—I am not).
LOIS: This makes it sound like I’m hard to satisfy.

Don’t Let Go
Lois is on Hawaii and trying to balance a chocolate cake on the crater of Mt Kilauea.

Clark wasn’t here yet. Instead, Lois was watching the opening ceremony for the Daily Planet’s Grand Re-Opening Carnival alone.
Superman being the guest if honor for saving people during the big blow up? And letting Luthor fall from grace #servinghumanity.

It was altogether too hot for the second week of September
Another spike in Superman rescues causing a new heatwave?

into her simple v-neck tee where the straps of her backpack rested. But she’d fussed in front of the mirror as though it mattered what she wore, as though choosing the jeans that made her butt look great would suddenly make Clark ask her out on a date or something.
Yes, Clark isn’t controlled by visual cues. And her tee getting pulled taught by the backpack straps has nothing to do with that Superman-shaped facade damage on the building down the street.

Also, given how often they addressed Lois consciously dressing sexy for a mission, great work!

as she listened to Superman speaking at the podium
See? Clark’s gonna miss the entire Superman speech.

He’d barely talked to her all summer.
He can still smell Lex on her where the creep had touched her hair and shoulder and doesn’t want to get sick in front of her.

Was he avoiding her or was it just because her life wasn’t in as much jeopardy when she wasn’t actually working?
laugh

But that was fine. Fine. Completely fine. She didn’t need Superman.
Rrrright … fine.

regardless of how much he seemed to want something more than friendship.
Benefits. And with the wife away on another planet, having the professional caregiver also available to talk to would definitely be practical.

But it didn’t matter. He didn’t trust her. And that was fine. Just fine.
I gather it’s not ‘fine’.

They’d spent day after day together this summer—reconnecting, tentatively at first,
Awwww … poor guy had to get his fix another way now that he had Superman cut off.

and then deciding that friends and partners could still survive hard things.
Hmmm…sounds like in-sickness-and-health…

was just waiting for the moment when he could escape.
Waiting to get his fix without anyone noticing.

Partners, he’d said. Friends. It probably didn’t mean anything that he hadn’t said best friends.
Awww, she really does need a DFCB.

Or at least she hoped it was still there, something he was hiding rather than just nothing there at all—because she’d suffocated it into nonexistence.
Like those firefighters working to squash the remaining embers of forest fire?

She almost cried out at the agony and frustration of the memory. If only he hadn’t sprung it on her, his confession. If only she’d had more time to think, more time to process. Maybe...maybe she would have...
You mean like he did the first twelve months?

It was the part of last May that she liked to avoid thinking about the most. And it was why she was feeling a little bit resentful that Superman was here and Clark wasn’t.
Maybe she should blow up at Clark and how he can be so inconsiderate to ignore her feelings for him? This could have…interesting consequences.

His personal life hadn’t been anything he’d ever been willing to share, and she wondered if she’d ever know
Yes, she will. She will even get to make sure his wife showers and take care of her hair, dress, and makeup.

“Hey, Lois!” She heard Clark's voice from behind her
Hey look who just missed Superman’s speech.

“I forgot my change of clothes for the dunk tank and had to run back and get them.”
And now we reread this with an extra 'r' evil

“I forgot my change of clothes for the drunk tank and had to run back and get them.”
Poor guy. Always gets so wasted at the carnival he needs a change of clothes after.

“You just missed Superman,” she told him instead, hoping that her voice didn't sound any certain way.
Like a ticked off spouse?

Ah, oh well,” he said with a shrug as he slung his backpack over onto his shoulders.
He’ll see him tonight. No biggy.

Clark seemed lately to have this attitude of casual indifference toward Superman
Once you’ve seen the guy naked in the shower, the novelty wears off pretty quickly.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Truth be told, it was nice to have a bit of a break from his usual subtle criticism of the hero.
Like: He didn’t mange to stop the nuclear explosion and rescue the baby *and* the kitten?

Though that petty part of her reared its head again and wondered where all that not-so-understated jealousy of Superman had gone to—
Yes, her not getting the attentions of three men any longer is certainly concerning.

LOIS: I would have settled for *one*. But none? Seriously?

No, no. Jealousy was an ugly trait, one she fell victim to herself, try as she may to stop it, and she disliked it even more in a romantic partner.
Yes, those blonde hussies Clark’s always hanging out with are bad enough. The way she felt about his retirement home scandal story was even worse. Seriously, that story was almost good enough to make Perry pause before just submitting one of her investigative pieces for this year's Kerth award.

“What? Huh?” He was looking at her, concerned. Oh. Right...words, conversation, speaking....
laugh

“I think I might actually be looking forward to the dunk tank.”
Lois? In the water? Now, she does realize how some fabrics react when they become drenched, right?

“What? You don’t think I’m a team player?” she huffed, mostly for show. “Not historically, no.” His grin widened.
Wheeeee!

She wasn’t entirely sure she knew what flirty looked like between best friends...or friends. Or if it was normal. That was normal, right?
Hint: flirty friends usually aren't platonic endgame.

Her eyes wandered down to his bare forearm as she watched him check the time.
She is aware that she should not drench her shirt on her own, right?

we’re not set to get dunked until 1:00 and 1:30.
A dunking schedule! clap /flashes to middle ages parodies/

Her kind, friendly, caring, and thoughtful...partner.
Yes. Workplace person. Not bedroom person.

CAT: confused

. “Well, we should...definitely do rides before any type of food.”
That’s what the dunking is for.

Lois noticed Clark flinch ever so slightly as the metal bar clanged and locked into place, and she wondered if he was afraid of heights or something.
No, just sharp pinging sounds. It’s why he and Lana wouldn’t have worked out in the end.
Sorry it’s on Facebook, it’s the only place I found this episode online:
https://www.facebook.com/EpsilonEridanus/videos/19-a-voice-in-the-wilderness-part-1/235949444544010/
at minute 27:45 to 28:45.

Half a thought flashed through her mind that it was too bad this wasn’t a roller coaster with twists and turns that would cause them to bump closely to one another.
Maybe a gust of wind or a sideways rocking reporter could also cause them to bump together.

Though they weren’t actually touching, Lois could sense that Clark had tensed up and he was grasping the lap bar tightly with both hands.
This is very dangerous. He has rescued many blondes from such a contraption.

Oh, did you want me to give you a little more room?” she asked as she shifted slightly, ready to scoot over if he needed her too, but reluctant to do so for purely selfish reasons.
No, but if she could sit on his lap, that would calm him down.
CLARK: shock

“No! I mean—no, it’s okay!” he blurted out. “It’s...actually helpful to...have you closer.”
See?

Should she...would it be too obvious if she moved closer to him?
She could blame it on being scared herself.

She could take them off. Claim there is a stone stuck in there.

“I’m sure once everyone’s loaded and it’s a smooth ride, I’ll enjoy myself.”
/Must not think of Cat jokes/

She eyed him, a little unsure, but took him at his word—and mostly at his smile, that one that made her stomach swoop.
Better than a rollercoaster. She just needs to remember not to eat before he smiles at her. Otherwise, things could get awkward.

“The view will make everything worth it, Clark. Just you wait and see. It’s really too bad it’s not nighttime because the Metropolis skyline is even more impressive then, with the lights of the city buildings all twinkling.
Don’t bother. He won't notice. Seen it before. Looking at Lois is much more interesting.

Oh god. Her breath caught. The signs were back. They were back, right?
laugh Skin contact will do that.

CAT: I did suggest she should pull a Cleopatra with Clark.

Except the problem was that holding his hand was rendering her incapable of speech somehow.
He found her shutoff switch.

CLARK: Pressure point. Works every time.

Before the awkward silence could take root, she blurted out the first words that came to mind. “I didn’t—I don’t...I never went flying with him like that, Clark. I-I...promise. I’m sorry.”
rotflol

She hasn’t yet? No, she hasn’t. That’s so …weird.

I didn’t mean to imply...of course, you—I mean...it sh-shouldn’t matter to me if you had or...not.”
You could so totally put “having sex” in that conversation instead.

his knee brushing along her jean-clad thigh.
You sure keep them touching.

We haven’t even glanced at the skyline yet!” she said too cheerfully. And then her heart sank as they rounded the top and saw...buildings. The ferris wheel wasn’t even tall enough to get a good view down 7th Avenue.
laugh

Maybe we should just go up there next, after we’re done here? I’ve been up there once or twice...”
I’m guessing they’ll end up flying.

She sat up straighter and looked forward, not quite ready to meet his eyes again—so warm and forgiving when she hardly deserved it. And it wasn’t until he squeezed her hand that she realized he’d never let go of it.
Awwww…

to be continued…
And there is more!

But not tonight peep

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Oh, man! I was laughing so hard with these comments!! I picked out some oof the ones that made me laugh harder than others, but … lol That’s pretty much the whole fdk on fdk is me laughing. Thanks!! Looking forward to seeing what you think of the rest!

Sara laugh

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
What is she supposed to do when her heart just won’t let go?

Maybe all Clark needs is Superman in the relationship, too. Make them a happy thruple with Superman as the unicorn.

[Linked Image]

I had to look up unicorn, but sure! lol And then I made a pretty picture!

as she listened to Superman speaking at the podium

See? Clark’s gonna miss the entire Superman speech.

rotflol

and then deciding that friends and partners could still survive hard things.

Hmmm…sounds like in-sickness-and-health…

Shhhhh don’t say those words too loud or Clark will pop the question! The man does it at the drop of a hat, you know… lol

Or at least she hoped it was still there, something he was hiding rather than just nothing there at all—because she’d suffocated it into nonexistence.

Like those firefighters working to squash the remaining embers of forest fire?

rotflol

His personal life hadn’t been anything he’d ever been willing to share, and she wondered if she’d ever know

Yes, she will. She will even get to make sure his wife showers and take care of her hair, dress, and makeup.

lol

“I forgot my change of clothes for the drunk tank and had to run back and get them.”

Poor guy. Always gets so wasted at the carnival he needs a change of clothes after.

lol

Clark seemed lately to have this attitude of casual indifference toward Superman

Once you’ve seen the guy naked in the shower, the novelty wears off pretty quickly.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

rotflol rotflol

Lois noticed Clark flinch ever so slightly as the metal bar clanged and locked into place, and she wondered if he was afraid of heights or something.

No, just sharp pinging sounds. It’s why he and Lana wouldn’t have worked out in the end.
Sorry it’s on Facebook, it’s the only place I found this episode online:
https://www.facebook.com/EpsilonEridanus/videos/19-a-voice-in-the-wilderness-part-1/235949444544010/
at minute 27:45 to 28:45.

The… gnawing off the arm bit?? confused

Half a thought flashed through her mind that it was too bad this wasn’t a roller coaster with twists and turns that would cause them to bump closely to one another.

Maybe a gust of wind or a sideways rocking reporter could also cause them to bump together.

Don’t worry—Clark scooted himself over next time the cabin rocked. wink

Except the problem was that holding his hand was rendering her incapable of speech somehow.
He found her shutoff switch.

CLARK: Pressure point. Works every time.

lol

his knee brushing along her jean-clad thigh.
You sure keep them touching.

Hee hee!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
Oh, man! I was laughing so hard with these comments!! I picked out some oof the ones that made me laugh harder than others, but … That’s pretty much the whole fdk on fdk is me laughing. Thanks!!
Awww, you’re welcome!

Looking forward to seeing what you think of the rest!
Next one should be there…soon smile1

I had to look up unicorn, but sure! And then I made a pretty picture!
rotflol
All three fit Clark in different life situations with Lois evil

Shhhhh don’t say those words too loud or Clark will pop the question! The man does it at the drop of a hat, you know…
Yeah, he’s got an itchy…ring ringer.

The… gnawing off the arm bit??
Oh, ….nono, the shrill voice part. I just couldn’t help but imaging Lana go “Clark! Clark!” in a most annoying pitch that makes dogs and Kryptonians want to curl up in a soundproof room.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard