Hey FoLCs! It's been forever. Many of you probably don't even know/remember me. But I've recently reconnected with some FoLCs elsewhere and it somehow prompted my brain to come up with this challenge:

Christmas 1992. (So nearly a year before season one.) Someone (could be anyone in Metropolis, Smallville, or anywhere else - you choose) wakes up to find a mysterious gift wrapped package with their name on it.

Inside is a portable DVD player. (DVDs weren't introduced until 1997.) It has its own built-in screen, but also has output ports and cables. Below that is another box, labeled "Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman - The Complete Series DVD Box Set. "

The possibilities here are endless. I can think of multiple interesting answers for each of these questions. I'll put some options under the spoiler, but don't feel you have to limit yourself to those. Or even read them. It might be better if you don't and just go where your muse takes you.

1. Who gets it?
Lois? Clark? Lex? Nigel? Martha? Perry? Jimmy? Cat? Sam? Jack? Those tabloid reporters from SLV? Baby Gunderson? Some reporters from a rival newspaper? The Prankster? Sore Throat? The Daily Planet's new intern, Mary Sue?

2. Who sent it?
Santa? Mxyzptlk? Tempus? Alt-Tempus? Someone else who somehow got access to an interdimensional time machine? Mike the angel? Mike's devilish counterpart?

3. Why send it? Was a note included?
So Lois knows that Clark is Superman and that she can trust him? So Clark knows that it's okay to use his powers and things will work out? So that evil plots can be foiled and more lives saved? So that Lex can win? So that Nigel can get ahead with Lex? Or do better than Lex? Or leave Lex? So that Lois knows she needs to bring Lex down? So that others can get a leg up over L&C's reporting? Just to cause chaos? (Can the sender see what happens?)

4. What does the recipient do? Do they show it to anyone else? Do they change their actions? Do they do what the sender expected, or something else entirely?

There's also the possibility that if it's coming from a different universe it might be different from the show we saw. Maybe it comes from a timeline where it got a 5th season?

I'm curious to see what people do with this. There are many possible directions you can go, different tones you can take, etc. If it tickles your muse, see where it takes you.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.