Features Writer
Anchor: Part II -- Kal-El (7-8)

Comments?

Thanks for reading!!

-Bek
hyper

Features Writer
Features Writer
whinging Man, that scene with AltClark's mom....

I'm glad Clark knows and that he trusts Lois, despite his fluttering doubts.
Looking forward to tomorrow ^_^

Columnist
Columnist
I love this. That scene seeing what happened to AltMartha. And hearing Clark's pain. Many times during the first Anchor, I would keep thinking about what was going through Clark's mind. Now you are showing us exactly what he felt and thought.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Thank you for posting so much of the next section, Bek. It's excellent. I can almost feel Clark2's physical pain as his wound starts to heal. I can feel his confusion as he returns to awareness, his jealousy over altClark and Lois, his self-anger at that jealousy, his difficulty in adjusting to his new reality - all of it.

And now he has to adjust to a man who is him-not-him in his and Lois' lives. This new man has replaced him as Superman, as Clark Kent, as Lois' best friend, and he has to reconcile his reasoning mind - which tells him that it's okay, all this is as it should be - with his emotional being - which desperately wants to hate altClark for having all that is his by all that is right. It's a terrific conflict, and the resolution will be fun to read, even though we already know from the first story that these three will reach a kind of equilibrium.

I, for one, hope that you will take the story a couple of steps past the ending of part I, where you further develop these story lines and make everyone even happier.

As long as there's no polyandry. Please. That might be a logical conclusion, but - eww.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Blueowl
whinging Man, that scene with AltClark's mom....

I'm glad Clark knows and that he trusts Lois, despite his fluttering doubts.
Looking forward to tomorrow ^_^

That scene with AltClark's mom was something I wanted to do in Anchor 1, but it didn't really fit; putting it here, to show this Clark why AltClark cares so much about his relationship with Martha and Jonathan, seemed to work better. Tough to visualize it, though. mecry

"Fluttering doubts" is the perfect way to describe it!

Thanks for reading!! grin

Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I love this. That scene seeing what happened to AltMartha. And hearing Clark's pain. Many times during the first Anchor, I would keep thinking about what was going through Clark's mind. Now you are showing us exactly what he felt and thought.

That is why I felt compelled to write this part of the story -- there was SO much more going on than I was able to tell from AltClark's POV (although I don't regret using the first-person narrative!), even with their telepathic connection.

Thank you for reading this far, and I hope you like the rest as well! smile1

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Thank you for posting so much of the next section, Bek. It's excellent. I can almost feel Clark2's physical pain as his wound starts to heal. I can feel his confusion as he returns to awareness, his jealousy over altClark and Lois, his self-anger at that jealousy, his difficulty in adjusting to his new reality - all of it.

And now he has to adjust to a man who is him-not-him in his and Lois' lives. This new man has replaced him as Superman, as Clark Kent, as Lois' best friend, and he has to reconcile his reasoning mind - which tells him that it's okay, all this is as it should be - with his emotional being - which desperately wants to hate altClark for having all that is his by all that is right. It's a terrific conflict, and the resolution will be fun to read, even though we already know from the first story that these three will reach a kind of equilibrium.

Ahh, glad to know it is hitting right! This Clark is feeling a lot of different emotions, and his disorientation from being dead/coming home has made him not quite in control of everything, which is not what he's used to. I hope you continue to enjoy reading this perspective, even though it follows the same storyline!

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
I, for one, hope that you will take the story a couple of steps past the ending of part I, where you further develop these story lines and make everyone even happier.

As long as there's no polyandry. Please. That might be a logical conclusion, but - eww.

Ah, I dunno, polyamory, hmmm...that could be kinda...fun? lol But no, that is not what will happen here. This Lois is in love with her Clark, and AltClark will remain a good friend. I have added quite a bit more during the story than we see in Anchor 1, so I hope the resolution is a bit more satisfying!

Thanks again for reading everyone! I love the fdk!

-Bek
hyper

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard