K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Story is here.

I literally have to post and run! But I’m dying to know what you think of this one!! love

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Online Happy
Columnist
I want coffee with Clark! Please. After that date, I'll even take decaf. Oh your details, her emotions, I felt like I was in that room feeling everything. Oh boy! Glad you were able to get this done while you had a crazy day!

Merriwether
Merriwether
“And the way I feel about you...” He paused and swallowed, and she caught just a hint of apprehension in his eyes, a naked vulnerability that somehow made her feel just a bit less scared. “That will never change. Has never changed.”
AHHHHHH! Right in the feels, Sara! Right in the feels!

Great job. This was a delight to read. smile

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Perfection! The same but better is the perfect description of this transition in their relationship. This is how that date should have ended. <3

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Loved this, absolutely loved this. The tenderness between them. Aww. And while I read this, I couldn't help but think that this is quite a funny coincidence, too. You'll see why in a few days... laugh

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Squeee* I REALLY wish this was how the show had gone. And I imagine him being able to hear her through the door helped him stay and be patient wink

Loved this fix-it fic. sloppy

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Now that is what I call a FIX! smile1

If only you could have edited that TV episode before airing................................

Thank you for making everything better. clap

love

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I love this! I wish this is how their date ended in the
episode. You did a terrific job of capturing their emotions. It felt real and from the heart. This is my favorite part:

“And the way I feel about you...” He paused and swallowed, and she caught just a hint of apprehension in his eyes, a naked vulnerability that somehow made her feel just a bit less scared. “That will never change. Has never changed.”

*melts* Thank you for a lovely story and perfect episode fix!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
Author’s Note: I might come back and write a longer note later,
laugh

Is there any way to un-slam a door? A Lucky Leon episode fix-it scene!
Tear open the door? Claim insanity? Open a window and say there was an intruder?

It was that scene in the movie where the man walks his date to her door and she either politely says goodnight and never calls him again because the date bombed or...they kiss goodnight.
Or she invites him in for coffee.

It’s code for...more than kissing.
See?
Also, what does this mean for Clark always heating up her coffee at work?

And she desperately wanted...coffee with Clark.
Because it’s been a long time since she had coffee not by herself, huh?

Lois was pretty sure she’d stopped breathing the entire time it took to unlock her door and open it.
So she’s pretty good at diving, what with her being able to hold her breath a long time.

Probably one of the best times I’ve ever had...It wasn’t the funniest or the wildest...
If she invites him in for coffee it still could be. Both funny and wild.

Flashing through her mind not for the first time that night were the images of the inevitable future that must follow after a perfect date with your best friend in the whole world. And it. Was. Terrifying.
What if she’s not pleasing? What if he’s not staying? What if he’s way more experienced than she is? What if he wants more? What if he wants children? What if he wants a shared byline?

And why wouldn’t he be confused? She’d just told him it was the best date she’d ever had. Not even that, the best time she’d ever had. Ever.
Well, he knows her. She's been testing him for over a year now. I'm sure he won't be confused.

But her hands, her body wouldn’t move, even though they’d damn well moved of their own volition just a minute ago.
She may need to swap into a more compliant body.

How...why...why are you still here?”
Yes, that's the best thing to say. No way will he interpret this as a precursor to a restraining order.

How was he so patient with her?
Maybe his Dad and Clark go hunting when he was young. Or fishing.

Can you...do you...” She was having trouble stringing more than two words together, but she let the door fall all the way open behind her and she managed to get one more word out. “Coffee?”
Yeah, that’s gonna convince him that she's not out of her mind drunk.

Her eyes went wide. “Coffee! I meant coffee! Not...coffee...”
rotflol

The last part came across as almost a question—was she still offering? Because of course Clark would give her an out. He was impossibly patient with her.
You know, his luck held out for now, but what if once they retire for some more…coffee and Lois just got the milk all steamed up and then Clark…has to return a video tape.

and took her time locking each of the deadbolts, breathing in deeply to try and calm herself and resting her forehead against the door for a moment.
Deep breaths. He can’t escape now. No matter how badly she bungles it.

“I should probably grab the cups and stuff,” he said, hooking a thumb behind him toward the cabinet. “Ah, good. Yeah.” When he turned his back, she took another deep breath, as quietly as she could manage.
She could get comfortable while he's prepping.

Tonight's award for eloquence and poise goes to Lois Lane. It was a miracle she'd managed to make it through the evening. She took off the sheer shoulder wrap and moved further into the kitchen so she could drape it over the back of a chair. It slid right off, silently pooling on the floor.
laugh

And then morning would come and then what? She’d go to work and run straight to Perry’s office, telling him she needed a new partner?
laugh
Perry: I swear, every time she dates her partner, she ends up with me having to send him off to some overseas correspondence posting.

Everything’s going to change.” He shook his head again ever so slightly, running the pad of this thumb against her skin once more. “Not everything.”
That’s true. He’ll still be lying to her about his other life.

Her heart raced as he leaned in, his lips closer and closer until she felt the soft warmth of them against her own. Such a brief moment, his lips pressing gently and tasting, before he pulled back just a touch and she let out a short sigh.
Wheeee, you sure did manage to keep that tension alive. Like a live wire being whipped around in the rain while the T-Rex is stalking its prey.

Are you ready for coffee?” he asked, his voice thick and thready.
/blinks/ huh?

She let her hand rest on his chest for a moment, feeling the racing of his heart beneath it, and then she gave him a pat and moved to go sit at her kitchen table so she could have coffee with Clark. The End.
Awwww, and she’s back to her usual flirty boss mode.

That was a most excellent coffee you served us here. hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tonight's award for eloquence and poise goes to Lois Lane. It was a miracle she'd managed to make it through the evening. She took off the sheer shoulder wrap and moved further into the kitchen so she could drape it over the back of a chair. It slid right off, silently pooling on the floor.

These lines set the tone for the rest of the evening. That Lois would eventually surrender to the warmth and comfort that is Mr. Kent. Now another part of me was saying; Pick up the scarf! Its too beautiful to lay on the floor!

Coffee with Clark? Yes please! Make mine with a double shot of expresso! goofy

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Gahhh! Look at all the wonderful feedback that I haven’t responded to yet! love

Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I want coffee with Clark! Please. After that date, I'll even take decaf. Oh your details, her emotions, I felt like I was in that room feeling everything. Oh boy! Glad you were able to get this done while you had a crazy day!

Carrie! Oh, that’s my favorite kind of feedback—knowing when I’ve actually gotten readers to feel the emotions!! High praise! Thank you!

Originally Posted by KathyB
AHHHHHH! Right in the feels, Sara! Right in the feels!

Great job. This was a delight to read. smile

WOOO! I love that I hit you right in the feels! hyper Thanks!! smile

Originally Posted by AnnieM
Perfection! The same but better is the perfect description of this transition in their relationship. This is how that date should have ended. <3

Awww!! And yeah, totally should have ended this way. Thank you for letting me know you enjoyed!! smile

Originally Posted by bakasi
Loved this, absolutely loved this. The tenderness between them. Aww. And while I read this, I couldn't help but think that this is quite a funny coincidence, too. You'll see why in a few days... laugh

Ahhhh! Thank you!! I’m so glad you enjoyed! And LOL it was a funny coincidence indeed—a fantastic present to get!! love

Originally Posted by Blueowl
Squeee* I REALLY wish this was how the show had gone. And I imagine him being able to hear her through the door helped him stay and be patient wink

Loved this fix-it fic. sloppy

Right?? And yep, hearing her through the door TOTALLY helped. LOL! Thanks for the feedback!!

Originally Posted by Penny_Lane
Now that is what I call a FIX! smile1

If only you could have edited that TV episode before airing................................

Thank you for making everything better. clap

love

Awww such great feedback!! smile1 I wish it could have ended this way, too! Especially since our first real kiss got so rudely interrupted!

Originally Posted by Songbird
I love this! I wish this is how their date ended in the
episode. You did a terrific job of capturing their emotions. It felt real and from the heart. This is my favorite part:

*melts* Thank you for a lovely story and perfect episode fix!

Awwww I’m so happy to hear all this! I definitely loved Clark’s response that you picked out. Sometimes he’s a lunkhead, but othertimes, he’s got those devastating lines. *melts* Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback!

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Sara!

Author’s Note: I might come back and write a longer note later,
laugh

Hahahaha! Yeah…

It’s code for...more than kissing.
See?
Also, what does this mean for Clark always heating up her coffee at work?

lol I’ll let you write the smut bunny for that one! wink

And she desperately wanted...coffee with Clark.
Because it’s been a long time since she had coffee not by herself, huh?

Hah! Yep.

Her eyes went wide. “Coffee! I meant coffee! Not...coffee...”
rotflol

Hahaha! Yeah, I loved this line! Glad you got a good laugh out of it. goofy

Her heart raced as he leaned in, his lips closer and closer until she felt the soft warmth of them against her own. Such a brief moment, his lips pressing gently and tasting, before he pulled back just a touch and she let out a short sigh.
Wheeee, you sure did manage to keep that tension alive. Like a live wire being whipped around in the rain while the T-Rex is stalking its prey.

Haha wheee! Thanks! lol

That was a most excellent coffee you served us here. hyper

Yay!! Glad you enjoyed!

Originally Posted by Morgana

These lines set the tone for the rest of the evening. That Lois would eventually surrender to the warmth and comfort that is Mr. Kent. Now another part of me was saying; Pick up the scarf! Its too beautiful to lay on the floor!

Coffee with Clark? Yes please! Make mine with a double shot of expresso! goofy

Ahh thank you! I’m glad you liked them because I was a little unsure—but then again, so was Lois!! And yes, don’t we all want coffee with Clark?? *happy sigh*

Thanks again, everyone!! I’ve got a big old smile on my face from all the feedback!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard