K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Hi, FoLCs!!

Earlier this week, Toomi inadvertently started a trend—she posted a few short little ficlets…and then (pretty much at the same time, but they/we didn’t know it yet), SuperBek, CarrieRene, lovetvfan, and me all got jealous and wanted to write our own ficlets! So we did. And then QueenoftheCapes dusted off and finished a ficlet that had been languishing. Suddenly, it was late Thursday/Early Friday (depending on where you live)… and ficlets had FLOODED the boards, it at least it seemed like it. lol

SuperBek said, “Ficlet Friday!”

And I said that it totally needed to be A Thing. So now… let’s all make it A Thing!

Every Friday, post a ficlet! What’s a ficlet? I googled just to be sure, but looks like at least one site says, A short fic that's longer than a Drabble (100 words), but probably clocks in at 1000 words or less.

So there’s everyone’s weekly challenge—write a ficlet and post it on Friday! And always feel free to post the link to your story here so there can be a nice little collection of ficlets in one place!

Not an author? Why not try your hand at writing something short if you’ve always wanted to! (FoLCdom is a fantastic and friendly place to learn as you go—I should know!)

Still not an author? Well, consider leaving feedback for all the authors! (And authors, try doing this too if time and energy allows. :))

Kinda a lurker? If you feel like trying it… even a thumbsup or any graemlin will do! And if not, that’s okay too; we understand! Those post view counts help authors feel like their stuff is being read, so we appreciate that too. love

So… whaddya say??

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I for one am totally in favor of Ficlet Friday! laugh

~•~
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Here are the ficlets from this week… the unofficial inaugural week of Ficlet Friday!

I’m posting the TOCs so that people can have easy access to the story and the comments posts.

Wish Upon A Perseid by Toomi

The Interviewee by Toomi

Spare A Smile For Me by KSaraSara (story 1 in the When He Cheats…At Bowling series — because I apparently can’t *really* do short… lol)

Bowled Over by KSaraSara (story 2 in the When He Cheats…At Bowling series)

A Lucky Strike by KSaraSara (story 3 in the When He Cheats…At Bowling series)

Head Games by Carrie Rene

A Family Tradition by lovetvfan

The Name of the Wolf by Queen of the Capes

Conned by SuperBek

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

Columnist
Columnist
OMG! I think I might even post a Twitter #hashtag for it. Oh wait, no one uses that anymore. LOL! I will definitely try since I have so many ideas running thru my head these days. By the way, Head Games was a bit over, but not by much.

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Head Games was a bit over, but not by much.

Shhhhh! I won’t tell anyone! It’s all in the spirit of things! laugh

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
I’ve made a master list of stories by week so things are easy to find and catch up on! And I’ve made it a sticky thread, so look for it up top in this (Fanfic Related) folder! Ficlet Friday Master List

Comment on this post (not the master list) if you have any changes, or if you want to announce the posting of your ficlet…or anything related to Ficlet Friday!

Thanks, everyone, for making this such a hit already!

Sara smile

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard