Print Thread
#293645 11/15/22 09:41 AM
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Here's another ficlet that was hanging out on my desktop for several months. Apparently the muse woke up and decided to clean up a few older little stories!

Thanks to KSaraSara for the beta smile1

Columnist
Columnist
Omg I love this! I love the idea that her barging in on Clark's interview was intentional! What a cute little story!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yes, love the idea! And making Cat and Jimmy part of the ruse is genius!

Thank you for sharing!

-Bek

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by lovetvfan
Omg I love this! I love the idea that her barging in on Clark's interview was intentional!

Ditto!! It’s so adorable and clever to have it be intentional! Thanks for letting me see it first!! smile1

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
That was a great idea, and I loved what you did with it! Perfect Lois characterization - first indifferent, then going full in! A great story!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Columnist
Columnist
Oh, I wish this so could be true. Loved it.

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Very clever, unique take on this scene. Great job capturing multiple aspects of Lois Lane's characterization. clap clap

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Toomi!
“He’s in there with Perry,” Cat continued, ignoring my lack of reaction.
Awww, Clark’s interview clap

“Hey,” I snap. “Just because I’m working, doesn’t mean I’m not paying attention to what’s going on. I’m just busy.”
Besides it's just a regular guy. He doesn't even fly, let alone rescue damsels in distress.
LOIS: Damsel?

“You should go interrupt them,” Cat egged him on. “Find out what the competition is like.”
LOIS: Competition? rotflol

. “I’m working here. You know, what we’re paid to do? Or at least, my only source of income,” I add rudely, watching as Cat slowly stood,
Oooh, great dig right out of the show’s tone of voice!

That gets my attention as Jimmy walks away. Subscriptions have been good but advertisement income has been falling. I may not look like I’m paying attention in the budget meetings, but I do remember that. What if Perry is trying to woo some hotshot reporter to boost numbers?
clap

I slip through the empty conference room and enter through the other door to the editor’s office.
clap

Wow. Cat wasn’t wrong. About the suit or the hunk status.
So, better get started on the next celebrity crush to protect from colleague crush?

. I do not want to be around when Mr. Kent leaves.
Awww, she remembers his name.

. I’m not immune to the charms of a good looking man; I’ve just spent years controlling my reactions.
So it’s more like a Pon-Farr thing?

It’s not like I’ll ever see him again.
That’s almost true. She certainly wouldn't recognize him if she sees him again laugh

Fun add-on to the Pilot!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LoL! Cute! XD I agree with the others; love that it was all intentional!

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Its been months since this was posted, but I finally got a chance to take a look at it. Toomi8 the set up was perfection, especially the bit about Clark's suit. When he first arrived in Metropolis he was a little rough around the edges and Cat would definitely catch that. Jimmy was eager for a promotion, but can anyone imagine Clark doing a coffee run for Perry White while Jimmy was hard at work on a story? LOL! Nicely done.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard