Print Thread
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
[Linked Image]*

Miranda's perfume creates havoc in the newsroom as pheromones cause people to leave behind their inhibitions and fall in love. Is it all just chemicals, or are there true feelings revealed?

Miranda is played by Morgan Fairchild who, along with an impressive list of credits, has guest starred in multiple shows including Mork and Mindy, Dallas, That 70's Show, Days of our Lives, and portrayed Chandler's mom in Friends.

There are many fanfics for this episode so if you wrote one, two, or ten, toss the links in the thread (nfics and gfics).
If you have a favourite fanfic (or several) for this episode, add those links in too!

As always,
- favourite moment/scene.
- favourite quote

*Banner made by CarrieRene

Features Writer
Features Writer
Here are my fics concerning this episode:

Restraint
Impulse

I am still working on the sequel to Impulse though.

As for favorite moment in the episode, probably Luthor's reaction to Superman kissing Lois.
"I may throw up." -Luthor

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Favorite scene:
Seriously? Okay, we can go with all the scenes Lois is affected. The scene Superman pretends to be affected. The scene when Lois wakes up after with a hangover.

Fancfic:
Pheromone by Nan Smith
Phero-Moan My Lusty by Dandello
Intoxicated by Sara Kraft
PML – The whole story (Part 4 is still waiting in the wings…) by Darth Michael
There’s probably more. Many many more.

Quotes:
Perry: What in the Sam Hill is going on out there?
Perry: I’d better not look. Alice would have my hide.
Perry: Alice got spies everywhere.
Perry: Alice called me a no good hound dog. Now I’m down to heartbreak motel.

Clark: Oh. I get it. What do you want? Research? Your VCR fixed? A ride to the airport? Blind date with your cousin?

Lois: What are you saying? That I’m no fun? That I don’t know how to have fun?
Lois: you look a lot like superman. She pipes up at that, meaning she’s even more happy to get a superman stand-in.

Lois and Clark bickering:
Lois: Clark, you got sprayed. How come you didn't fall for me?
CLARK: Uh... I guess I just wasn't... attracted to you, Lois.
LOIS: Liar. You are _so_ attracted to me.
CLARK: Guess not.
LOIS: Guess so.

Lex: I never mix business with other people’s pleasure

Lex: I never drink alone. I’m never drunk. I’m always in control.
(However, in Requiem he has a cognac while throwing darts at a Superman cutout.)

Some details:
Clark flattens his alarm clock

Superman does proper recycling

The partitioned conference room table is back. There’s got to be two rooms. One for staff meetings and one for story work.

Revenge is intended to make a person lose all inhibitions. It’s officially 48 hours at 1%. In practice, it took about 40 hours (including two nights). 100% pure is permanent. Lex was affected for only 16 hours.

Revenge only works if you're already physically attracted to the person. Then, it just over-rides our normal restraint. There has to be some animal magnetism there to begin with. All this substance does is inhibit that part of your brain that acts as an intellectual defense mechanism, leaving the person helpless to control themselves.

Perry and Lex are on a first name basis.

Just for fun: The snippet of the news article by Lois is two paragraphs repeating and those are completely convoluted and non-sensical. How can she win Kerths for this sort of work?

Lois was in chess club and math club in high school. Her idea of having fun.

During the first scene of Lois being intoxicated, they played seductive saxophone. It should be interesting to hear this without the background music, the way Clark experienced it.

Lex and Lois have a dinner date.

Rehalia threatens a harassment suit against Perry. This must be a first for the DP HR department.

How is Miranda not being affected by the perfume?

Lex is so worried about his own reaction to Revenge, he even requests Superman’s help.

Clark is listening in on Miranda’s pulse. I think that’s the first time.

Lois and Clark have a Daily Planet car. It’s dark green with Daily-Planet signage. (Minute 29)

Lois also now has her famous silver Jeep and uses it to drive to the airport.

Lex says he is falling in love with Lois once Revenge has worn off. At first he’s emotional. Later in the season it turns obsessive/controlling/psychotic.

The first time Lois is intentionally left hanging over the jaws of death.

Superman burns the chain right above Lois. There’s quite the chance some drops of hot metal would drop down on her.

Lois is taking advantage of an affected Superman, fully aware that it’s wrong.

The kiss between Lois and Superman lasts 25 seconds.

Cat occupies the copy-repair-guy for about two days without getting sprayed.

wave Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 11/25/22 08:56 AM. Reason: Lois's Jeep

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Playing catchup!

Wasn't there was a 'Got Milk' campaign featuring Teri and Dean? Would Clark's excessive milk drinking (along with a fridge where the top shelf is full of cartons?) be around the same time? Plus the recycling bit. Was this when recycling also became a thing that was being advertised/encouraged at the time?

When Clark lists off all the possibilities that Lois could want (research, VCR fixed, ride to the airport, a blind date for your...) would it be possible that Lois has asked him for these things before and he's listing off previous requests? Do we need some fics for when Lois asks for the VCR to be fixed, or a ride to the airport? I'd like to know who the blind date was for. It wouldn't be for Lois as it wouldn't be a blind date then (a pity date would be a better line for Clark as then we could surmise Lois had asked Clark to be her plus one for an event before...)

I love the curly hair do!

When Clark says that he can't take it anymore and grabs Lois, was that because he was at the end of his sanity, or was it in a desperate hope to stop her thinking about how he and Superman look similar?

So Cat and the copy repair man were in the copy room for 2 days without food or water?

Lex quotes Keets' 'Ode on Melancholy' to Lois at dinner while he is enraptured by her graceful hands.

Nigel drove Lois home... how did she get there? Did Lex send a car for her? Did she send a taxi?

I always enjoyed that look Superman gives the camera when Lois asks him if he was affected. I'm assuming it was an intentional breaking of the fourth wall, and it's well done.

When Lex admits he's fallen in love with Lois, is that because he was affected by the perfume? Had he ever allowed himself to fall in love before? Perhaps he'd always seen it as a 'weakness' and while allowed himself to feel attraction, would stop short of admitting love. After being uninhibited thanks to the perfume, and perhaps enjoying the sensation of feeling in love, he's now not able to put a halt to it. Would that explain why he tries to control her? He knows the power she holds over him and reacts accordingly?

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard