Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#293428 11/04/22 05:53 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hope you enjoyed! Please leave comments here =)

Story

-Bek

Columnist
Columnist
That was great and right to the point. Fantastic work and glad you are sharing your work.

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Well, as I told you in chat, this rights a wrong that bugs me SOOOOOO much! lol Silly Clark shooting himself in the foot by encouraging her as Superman… dancing on air, romantic atmosphere, closing the window??? I know he can’t help himself sometimes, but OOF. Anyway…that’s why I was thrilled to have that inner voice pipe up and get him to do the right thing! smile1

You write it well! We’re right with him when he’s so wrapped up in the moment and doesn’t want to stop. I loved it! From the kisses to the touches and the dialogue! What a great little revelation. clap

And then the kicker that made me LOL irl… the line about the kinky fantasies. lol

And I adore that she tells him to shut her up by kissing her. So cute! clap

Congrats on posting your first story to the boards! I sure hope this is the first of many that we see from you! wave

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I loved this! I had to muffle my squeeee's (read at lunch) hyper
It had the perfect balance of his internal struggle but in the end doing the right thing, and, the best thing of all, it paid off! clap

Lois' reaction was great and I really wish we could see what followed from this, because I imagine the rest of the show would have been very different.
After all, his coming clean this way certainly would have made their relationship progress much smoother love

Anyway, really enjoyed your first fic. Hope to see more soon ^_^

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
That was great and right to the point. Fantastic work and glad you are sharing your work.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. I'm trying to work up the courage to share more. This is all new and a bit scary to me, since I've always just written for my own enjoyment.

Originally Posted by KSaraSara
Well, as I told you in chat, this rights a wrong that bugs me SOOOOOO much! lol Silly Clark shooting himself in the foot by encouraging her as Superman… dancing on air, romantic atmosphere, closing the window??? I know he can’t help himself sometimes, but OOF. Anyway…that’s why I was thrilled to have that inner voice pipe up and get him to do the right thing! smile1

Yes, the scene always bugged me as well! Sometimes Clark could be such a lunkhead! He really could have helped himself by making better choices sometimes, eh?

And then the kicker that made me LOL irl… the line about the kinky fantasies. lol

And I adore that she tells him to shut her up by kissing her. So cute! clap

lol I always imagined that once Lois recognized her feelings for Clark, she might struggle with the realization of being in love with "two different men". And hence, the, uh, 'interesting' dreams!

Congrats on posting your first story to the boards! I sure hope this is the first of many that we see from you! wave

Sara smile

Thank YOU for your encouragement! Hopefully more to come soon!

-Bek

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Blueowl
I loved this! I had to muffle my squeeee's (read at lunch) hyper

Ahhh, I love to hear this! Thank you!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahhh, so sweet and WAFFy!!!

~•~
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Hey SuperBek, not sure why you were hesitant to post. Your first story is just super! smile smile Looking forward to more.

I really like this Lois. You gave us a glimpse of just how bold and daring she can be in her personal life--something we frequently see in only her professional personality.

After a moment, she again reached out and touched his face, her fingers tracing gently down his jawline. Then, she stood on her tip toes, and their lips met in another deep kiss. He moaned into her, and his arms wrapped around her waist.

“Mmm, Lois, does this mean you’re not mad?”

She broke the kiss abruptly and lowered her head to rest against his shoulder. A laugh bubbled up within her, and her hands gripped his shirt tightly to steady herself. She raised her chin up, and their eyes met.

“It means that the dreams I’ve had of making love with Clark and Superman at the same time are not as kinky as they seemed,” she teased, winking at him before she leaned in and kissed him again.

“Wh-what!?”

“You heard me, Flyboy. Now kiss me again before I realize I am mad…because you know, you did lie to me for over a year, mislead me into thinking you were two people, make me fall in love with both of you, and then—"

Very good! thumbsup

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I enjoyed it! One of my favorite things in fic is 'let's do that with a little more maturity' and this definitely nails it! I'm so glad you decided to share!

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
That line.

The whole thing, really, but that line.

Excellent.

And I'm impressed that Clark was able to stammer out a "Wh-what?!" with Lois' mouth on his.

Not only is it completely unexpected and quite funny, it demonstrates Lois' utter and complete trust in this man who has just told her that he's been lying to her for so long. It also shows just how mature and stable Lois is at this point, because mature and stable people feel emotions strongly but aren't ruled by them on every moment of the day. And while we knew that Lois can think quickly on her feet, this is a wonderful real-life (in the Superman fictional universe, of course) demonstration of that skill. They're going to make a terrific team, not only in the newsroom but in their lives together.

This is a fun little story, Superbek. Thank you for sharing.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Welcome to the boards. And what a terrific story to introduce yourself. Sweet, waffy and funny. Loved your revelation. clap clap clap

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
What a great revelation story!

Joan

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thank you all so much for the positive feedback! I appreciate it very much. smile1

-Bek

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
That line.

The whole thing, really, but that line.

goofy

Lois was a bit bold there, wasn't she?

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for the positive feedback smile

-Bek

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by SuperBek
lol I always imagined that once Lois recognized her feelings for Clark, she might struggle with the realization of being in love with "two different men".

Yes!! Absolutely! I have this internal struggle oh hers mentioned in at least one of my stories, but it’s definitely part of my head canon—that a big part of her struggle in “letting go of the Superman fantasy” is that she truly is in love with him too!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
SuperBek, welcome to the boards I truly enjoyed reading this short and sweet ficlet. Clark listens to his conscience and doesn't drag things out. Lois uses her mind and heart to reach the conclusion before Clark can tell her everything but she doesn't get angry. As was mentioned earlier, this is the way adults handle matters. What a breath of fresh logic can do for a story. Excelsior!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome to the boards, Bek!

And you get your start off with an offering of fic hyper
A short revelation story in which Lois doesn’t quite react as expected to Superman’s confession.
What can it be. What can it be…? Oh, yes, maybe she starts to laugh until she's lying on the ground, holding her belly.

with this short revelation fic, I wanted to write something simple and not filled with angst.
evil

A contented sigh escaped his lips. He couldn’t imagine wanting to be anywhere else at the moment.
Is this the dance scene from after the Kerth ceremony in Season Two?

But he lowered his lips to her shoulder and fluttered kisses up her neck, making the executive decision to put off telling her his secret for just a little bit longer.
Hey, you said no angst!
wink

Eagerly, she opened up for him, and he tasted her thoroughly.
Well, I’d say we went straight past ‘platonic’ and may should start packing for over yonder.

“Lois, the truth is, I have another name, another job, an apartment, friends, parents.
He always forgets the wife in these speeches.
CLARK: What wife?

Tsk tsk, ‘I didn’t know' isn’t an excuse when they catch you stealing. It’s certainly not an excuse for marital mischief either.

and you know that my favorite dessert is—” “Your mom’s apple pie… Oh my God.”
clap

“Mmm, Lois, does this mean you’re not mad?”
Good thing he hasn’t offered chocolate to placate her. Now she has no incentive to get mad.

It means that the dreams I’ve had of making love with Clark and Superman at the same time are not as kinky as they seemed,” she teased,
shock You did not by any chance read those stories that had this happen/toyed with it, did you? Because there are a handful, most of them over yonder blush

“Wh-what!?”
That could have been a fun ending, too.

And then he smiled giddily as all coherent thought left his mind amid her murmur of “I love you, Clark Kent” into his ear. That went well, indeed. “I love you, Lois Lane.” The end.
But this works, too clap
And we have a Best New Author Kerth category, too.

I’ll join the chorus, you made a splashing debut here!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thank you for the feedback Michael!

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
shock You did not by any chance read those stories that had this happen/toyed with it, did you? Because there are a handful, most of them over yonder blush

I believe I might have read one of those ones a while back... blush

I also just might have my own version of something like that sitting on my hard drive, waiting to be finished. Will probably never see the light of day, but it was quite fun to write lol

Thank you again! I think your feedback is as fun to read as the story was to write smile1

-Bek

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Welcome to posting, Bek!! It's really not scary as it seems, I promise! grin

Lovely story there!

"Lois, the truth is that you already know me very well. And we work together every day. I know that you take your coffee black, and you know I take mine with whole milk and three sugars. I know that you love chocolate and prefer red wine to white, and you know that my favorite dessert is—”

“Your mom’s apple pie… Oh my God.”

Love it! She knows him so well, and it's not hard to recognize him through the disguise!

Keep up the good work!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Morgana
SuperBek, welcome to the boards I truly enjoyed reading this short and sweet ficlet. Clark listens to his conscience and doesn't drag things out. Lois uses her mind and heart to reach the conclusion before Clark can tell her everything but she doesn't get angry. As was mentioned earlier, this is the way adults handle matters. What a breath of fresh logic can do for a story. Excelsior!

Thank you for reading!

I've actually always kinda thought that Lois really shouldn't get too mad at Clark for "lying to her" to keep his secret since she is smart enough to understand the 'why'. (Caveat: he definitely *should not* have proposed to her without telling her his secret! That was a very bad decision, Clark! sadAnd that justified Lois's anger, IMO). So, I explored how it might play out differently, more maturely.

I'm glad you liked it!

-Bek

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard